Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions to a "go-go" boy on stage

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Suggestions to a "go-go" boy on stage

My Thai BF and I (for once) stayed in Pattaya over the weekend and checked out many of the Go Go Boy clubs in Sunee Plaza and Soi Pattayaland. Like I said in another forum...the guys had thin bodies that showed (no muscular toned bodies at all) ; had the girly long hair(heaven forbid if they looked butch or masculine); looked as energetic as a wet mop; and just stood on the cat walk stage with their cell phones up their arse...

I kept thinking of the gay venues in the Statesor Europe where the gay dancers "move and grove" ....gyrate their stuff....can do magical gymnastic movements with the chrome poles... their eyes and smiles flirt with the audience...

But these guys.... they need help. Do they really think they're hot? The only thing they have going for them (such as with the Sunee crowd) is that they look under 18. They don't take care of their bodies and they don't know how to flirt with the audience.

So what is your suggestion to these "go-go boys" to improve their performance when on stage? (Maybe we an translate this in Thai for them and we'll discover a whole new exciting approach in these clubs...

Well they could take them to some of the girl go-go bars where they really pole dance US style. Fabulous girls with great bodies and killer smiles.

Plus the bars have Happy Hours with house drinks at 60 baht and they are very nicely decorated. One of the ones I'm thinking about is Ozzie owned on Walking street and also the Pussy Licky ( no longer ) on Soi Diamond.

Wild West used to be able to get their attractive boyz to look happy and dance around flirting with the customers but it has faded.

Most of the boys can dance up a storm in a disco.

go-go boys

Actually i prefer the slim longer hair boys as long as they are not ladyboys. I avoid bars with too many ladyboys in them.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

To dance or not to dance - not really a question

Most of you know I'm not much of a "clubs" person. I've sat in a couple and seen a couple of shows, but it's not why I've come to Thailand in the past.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who knows this basic principle, but I'll state it anyway:

If you want to sell a product, you have to pay some attention to the display. This is equally true for a produce vendor with a street cart, a store in Siam Center or a gogo boy hoping for an off.

In the case of the produce vendor they put their nicest examples up front, interact with the customers and encourage the sale. In looking back at that sentence, I guess the same holds true for the gogo boy!

It would just seem like an obvious thing for owners of the clubs to tell the guys who want business to act like they do, or, better still - tell the guys that doing some minimal dancing is a requirement for employment, preferable before hiring them.

Still, I'd rather see one of the human "mannequins" on the stage rather than one of these!

So what is your suggestion to these "go-go boys" to improve their performance when on stage?
    I have always found tipping the more energetic dancers gets those around them moving. You might also consider sponsoring an impromptu dance contest. A surprising number of the boys are very good dancers. These are the ones I like to take to the disco.

Forum's veteran
    Liked
    maybe the audience is not to THEIR liking/preference.
    perhaps they should write what they would dance harder for,
    a farang crowd that would take care of themselves ,
    be younger, applaud, smile at them without
    being a flirt.

On my recent trip ...

I tried to off a guy on the stage in the Boyztown bar and he refused me, I actually asked him again because I thought he could have misunderstood me, but he said no and ignored me. I found it very strange, I even know his number but that would be "naming" and I wouldn't do that.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: On my recent trip ...

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteDesire
    I tried to off a guy on the stage in the Boyztown bar and he refused me, I actually asked him again because I thought he could have misunderstood me, but he said no and ignored me. I found it very strange, I even know his number but that would be "naming" and I wouldn't do that.
    really kills your mood- by my own experience.
    not easy to see one you like and have them ignore you
    and not even want to sit next to you and get a drink.
    saw him one time the next year also.

Liked

All these negative comments and critical remarks from some forum members about the boys of Pattaya in general and Sunnee in particular is a result of being pickled in paradise for too long.
    White Desire's experience above is the NORM in Europe (and probably USA) if you're over 50, overweight, not of the right skin colour, hair colour...et al. Thrillbill's praise of Europe and America in this regard makes no sense to me.
    Being ignored in Thailand by a young man seems STRANGE to WhiteDesire because it rarely happens. In no other country in the world will you see the most handsome young men walking hand in hand with, getting on to baht busses with, going into hotel elevators with, fat, ugly, bald, bloated, over-the-hill, only-their-mother-would-love-them farangs like me.
    COP ON TO YOURSELVES.

I wouldn't take his knock back personally, if in fact that is what you did. There is a strong possibility that he was either expecting a high roller that he was already aware that would be dropping by later in the evening to "off" him, or another long time benefactor of his was due in town either that night or the next day.

Although to my knowledge it rarely happens, I have heard of occasions when it has and I know for certain, that all bar boys have the right to decline a customer if they don't like him, or for any other reason for that matter, they may have. However, I think the reason for the boy picked by you declining your offer, is much more likely to be found in the reasons I stated above.

I wonder what others think in regard to this subject? It is one as far as I am aware, that is rarely, if ever brought up here and most certainly, one I have not seen WhiteDesire, before your post.

G.