Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: DELETED

Birdcage - Smoking side thread - split by jinks.

DELETED

Wish you all the best Kevin but if it's no smoking then I won't be there.

Forum's veteran
    Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by coatimundi
    I'm sure you are in good enough shape that you could sit outside between shows and smoke. Hopefully you do not have to have a cigarette stuck in your stained lips 24/7. Making the bar/club non-smoking is following the new law placed in Thailand. And if you haven't been out of Thailand for awhile, this is the rule in such places as Paris, London, and in some cities in the States.

Quote Originally Posted by thrillbill
    I'm sure you are in good enough shape that you could sit outside between shows and smoke. Hopefully you do not have to have a cigarette stuck in your stained lips 24/7. Making the bar/club non-smoking is following the new law placed in Thailand. And if you haven't been out of Thailand for awhile, this is the rule in such places as Paris, London, and in some cities in the States.
    Kevin knows the bar business and he knows that the BIG spenders: the ones who buy a bottle of Black Label every night and share it with 5 or 6 boys; are the type of punters who also like to smoke and share their 60 Bensons a day with the boys. He will make more money out of one big spender than he will from 20 diet coke drinkers who sit there for nearly an hour nursing the one drink. If there's no smoking then he will be losing a lot of money.
    It's good to see in a later post that Kevin has confirmed that there will be smoking and non-smoking areas. Give everyone a choice - not just the anti-smoke lobby.
    As for the new non-smoking law ... wait to see how the police enforce it; if at all.

Questions

Looking forward to Feb. 1
    Sorry to hear that there will be a smoking area. Will this area be enclosed so the smoke does not drift? I hope so. Will you have the area after Feb. 17?
    Could you give us an idea as to what the VIP room will be?
    Parking...will Day Night allow us to park in their parking area? I think you might fill it up!

All of the sad, stale, smelly arguments were made every where else in the world where smoking has been banned in bars and restaurants...and guess what??? Within a few weeks all the smokers are still going to the bars..whining, crying and standing outside on the street smoking between drinks. Face it guys the days of smokers being able to invade everyone else's airspace in public accommodations with their disgusting little habit is dying more rapidly than the smokers and the people that they kill with their second hand smoke.

Kevin.....put the smokers out of everyone elses air space. The customers will still come and spend money if you have a quality product.

As to the show. Please, please, please a whole new show...and not the same show every night. Last month I went to the 'New Show" at Top Man. Between the smoke in the air and the re-fried old Throb show I could not get out of Top Man fast enough.

Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by Soi 10 Tom
    All of the sad, stale, smelly arguments were made every where else in the world where smoking has been banned in bars and restaurants...and guess what??? Within a few weeks all the smokers are still going to the bars..whining, crying and standing outside on the street smoking between drinks. Face it guys the days of smokers being able to invade everyone else's airspace in public accommodations with their disgusting little habit is dying more rapidly than the smokers and the people that they kill with their second hand smoke.

Kevin.....put the smokers out of everyone elses air space. The customers will still come and spend money if you have a quality product.

As to the show. Please, please, please a whole new show...and not the same show every night. Last month I went to the 'New Show" at Top Man. Between the smoke in the air and the re-fried old Throb show I could not get out of Top Man fast enough.

THANK YOU SOI 10 TOM...

My sentiments exactly...
    and you have said it so much better than I.

Absolutely "NO SMOKING"
    as the new Thailand law says as of February 11th...
    and a NEW SHOW...
    will bring the customers time and time again...

Good Luck Kevin & Mark!

TravelerJim
    Tj

Liked

Kevin knows the bar business and he knows that the BIG spenders: the ones who buy a bottle of Black Label every night and share it with 5 or 6 boys; are the type of punters who also like to smoke and share their 60 Bensons a day with the boys. He will make more money out of one big spender than he will from 20 diet coke drinkers who sit there for nearly an hour nursing the one drink. If there's no smoking then he will be losing a lot of money.
    It's good to see in a later post that Kevin has confirmed that there will be smoking and non-smoking areas. Give everyone a choice - not just the anti-smoke lobby.
    As for the new non-smoking law ... wait to see how the police enforce it; if at all.
    It is your type of punter that drives others away. I very much doubt anything you say will occur.

I have watched the way this has developed in my own city from 1 July, and it is the opposite

As with the rest of the world, a smoking area outside or in a seperate area is the norm.

If you dont like it go somewhere else.

kquill has to live with the present and the future. You are not part of either
    Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

I am quite happy to take my business elsewhere.
    IтАЩm sure that Panorama or Oscars or Bondi or any of the Sunnee Plaza bars that have outside seating will welcome the extra trade and so will the boys who work in those bars.
    Free booze and ciggies all night plus a generous tip at the end if there's no off, plus a meal at Pak Boon Loy Fa and maybe a trip to the disco for more free booze and cigs тАж itтАЩs a Thai bar boyтАЩs dream.
    If Kevin wants to lose his long-established customers and mates who are mostly heavy smokers and are happy to spend well over 4000 Baht every night of their holiday in his bar then that is up to Kevin. But itтАЩs not up to you.
    If Kevin has any sense he will make the VIP room for smokers only тАж it will guarantee him a higher return on his investment in that area.

Let the 60 Baht soda-and-a-twist crowd sit on the hard seats, Kev.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainwalker99
    In the starkest terms, Kevin, would you wish cancer on anyone else?
    As someone who has suffered at first hand the carcinogenic effects of smoking, I would have thought that a non-smoking bar would be Kevin's first priority and to hell with the selfish polluters who wish to inflict the effects of their disgusting habit on others.

Don't forget Kevin that you will be subjecting yourself to the effects of their smoking much more than others in your new bar (because you will presumably be there for long periods most nights) and that is surely not in your best interests because of the disability you now suffer as a result of your previous throat cancer. You (and we) need the second-hand carcinogenic effects of Coatimundi and others smoking like a hole in the head!