Quick navigation:
List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Surprised this "rumor" hasn't hit the board yet...

Liked

Surprised this "rumor" hasn't hit the board yet...

...... or maybe I missed it.

Sorta in three parts:

(1) Thappraya Road leading into Pattaya from Jomtien, beginning from Sugar Hut on to the overpass at the beginning of Third Road, is to be widened to four lanes. Long in the wind from commercial interests along the way, I very recently heard that the widening was to have begun on 5 January??? Plan said to be to add and take a lane from each side of the existing road. Gonna be amazing to watch when/if it happens especially in regard to what business loose all their frontage and have their front doors right on the curbing with no parking.

(2) Complimentary to the above is the report that the Hunaman Statue landmark at the crossroads leading down to Jomtien Beach is to be removed (moved elsewhere??) and the four-lane widening will re-commence from there through the interior of Jomtien, parallel to Jomtien Beach Road. It is already four lanes from Sugar Hut southward to the Hanuman Statue passing Bruno's, Chateau Dale, PanPan Restaurant and View Talay #1, #2 and #5. The tent-like restaurant grouping right at the Hanuman Statue is to be removed and the widened road will curve southward on past View Talay Residences, the gate to View Talay Villas and continue onward southward. It is said that this work will commence now before #1 above.

(3) For me the real bombshell has been the report about the very large cleared block of land right on the corner of the east end of Jomtien Soi 5 across from the new Immigration building and right at the View Talay Residences and the gate into View Talay Villas -- said to be the new location of a new 88-story or 91 or 78 or some such immense condo block with shopping mall and in-house parking facilities. Clearly one of the reasons for #2 above. Talk about Pattaya changing from horizontal to vertical!!!

Liked
    Yes, heard them all. Will believe when I see it with my own eyes (with or without the rose colored glasses). :drunken:

Liked

The may be some of the........

......... buildings that WOWPOW is mentioning in a subsequent post.