Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: General Eelction 23rd Dec Public Holidays and bar closings

Forum's veteran
    Liked: 1

Doug

It would seem so.

The two most accurate posts are almost the last two in the thread so far. :drunken:

lonelywombat nailed the significance I place on this thread (if I were on vacation in Thailand during this time)

Take boys away from me for one or two nights out of my seven to ten and I would be very affected. Especially after flying 20 hours over and not looking forward to the 20 hrs back.

I would want to know in advance and would most likely try to find a boy good enough to keep for the days the bars are closed.

To me, the drinks are just the price we pay for getting to watch the show or take advantage of the casting of the boys for OFF.

The OPEN bars are very important during these few days because thats where this butterfly gets it's nectar......and it not alcohol I suck up.

Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by splash4
    lonelywombat nailed the significance I place on this thread (if I were on vacation in Thailand during this time)

Take boys away from me for one or two nights out of my seven to ten and I would be very affected. Especially after flying 20 hours over and not looking forward to the 20 hrs back.

I would want to know in advance and would most likely try to find a boy good enough to keep for the days the bars are closed.

To me, the drinks are just the price we pay for getting to watch the show or take advantage of the casting of the boys for OFF.

The OPEN bars are very important during these few days because thats where this butterfly gets it's nectar......and it not alcohol I suck up.
    Thank you Doug and all the others . I did not know expats were so bitchy.

Liked
    For those of us who are visiting Thailand for 5-7 days, and enjoy going to quality restaurants and favourite bars to catch up on old friends, it becomes a waste of time and money to arrive during one of these periods.

That is why we want to know? Christmas time is after all PEAK holiday time for Thailand! If you do not believe that then try to book a quality/value hotel room other than months in advance!

It is almost as bad as going to Bali in the week around Nyepi [the Balinese new year] and find that for one and a half days you cannot leave your hotel room or even turn on a light, TV, etc. Ok if you know in advance and go to witness the wild parade of ogoh-ogoh's the night before [to scare away the evil demons], but to find yourself there unexpectedly; a costly waste of holiday time and money.

Quote Originally Posted by macaroni21
    It's interesting how much attention is being paid to which evening there may or may not be alcohol served. Are there so many of you that cannot let 24 or 48 hours pass without putting alcohol into your veins? I find it fascinating to watch this topic. :drug:

Bar closures are complete nonsense.
    I doubt Farang are eligible to vote & in any case the bars should be permitted to serve soft drinks.

Tourism seems to be a significant part of the Thai economy & to discourage tourists with such dumb rules is just plain incompetence.

J