FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: smart arse comment re qantas

Liked

smart arse comment re qantas

this post was shanghaied by smart arse comments about qantas cabin crew
    Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

Brilliant

I managed to see it on a visit to the UK last year and thought that it was absolutely superb.

G.

Qantas are doing packages
    They have quite a reputation for that. Some know of their duty of care policies to their cabin crew in the '80s when AIDS was beginning to come to Asia. Was the epithet Queens And Nymphomaniacs Trained As Stewards really justified though?

Liked

Qantas

Quote Originally Posted by 555
    Qantas are doing packages
    They have quite a reputation for that. Some know of their duty of care policies to their cabin crew in the '80s when AIDS was beginning to come to Asia. Was the epithet Queens And Nymphomaniacs Trained As Stewards really justified though?
    What a wonderful comeback line! I always thought, however, it was "Queer And Nasty Types As Stewards," though in my experience it was always been "тАЬQueer and Nasty, Try Another Service.тАЭ This airline wins no prizes for service at all.

QANTAS.........worst cabin service I have ever experienced! Staffed by couldn't care less bitches and queens who don't give a fuck whether you're comfprtable or not....AND THAT'S BUSINESS CLASS!

Liked

Re: smart arse comment re wombats

"Eats, roots, shoots and leaves," surely!

Liked

Re: smart arse comment re qantas

What a tragedy is the QANTAS of today. Back in the 70's and 80's they, along with SwissAir were considered to have the best international cabin service of all, now the chase for the $$ after privatisation has demolished the service angle. At least the sale of their Frequent Flyer system is going to produce one with which you can actually get a seat to where you want to go, but at quite a price! A free return, Denpasar-Sydney-Denpasar costs almost $A400 in extra charges [and they still call it a free Frequent Flyer ticket], by comparison a fully paid Garuda ticket is currently $US420 [sure their service is garbage but no worse than on the JetStar cattletruck [QANTAS again] at twice that price!].

I used to love the old Alf Garnett QANTAS skit he used to do in his 'Chairman Alf Says' shows in Australia. 'Quaint Arse' he used to call it in his rough cockney dialect...cause he claimed that from the rear he couldn't tell the difference between the stewards and stewardesses.

Quote Originally Posted by lonelywombat
    this post was shanghaied by smart arse comments about qantas cabin crew

Re: smart arse comment re qantas

Quote Originally Posted by danny99
    A free return, Denpasar-Sydney-Denpasar costs almost $A400 in extra charges [and they still call it a free Frequent Flyer ticket], by comparison a fully paid Garuda ticket is currently $US420 [sure their service is garbage but no worse than on the JetStar cattletruck [QANTAS again] at twice that price!
    You've made a common mistake. The "almost $400" for the free Qantas ticket are taxes collected by various governments. Qantas are giving you a free ticket - they are not offering to pay your taxes for you. The $420 quoted by Garuda is before taxes. If you add back the (almost $400) taxes the Garuda ticket is ~ $820

Quick And Nasty, Typical Australian Service

Liked
    now I am awaiting the details of the top cabin crew, the perfect cabin crew

All these experts now must put up or shut up.

Which airline do you endorse the cabin crew and why.
    Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

Service

Quote Originally Posted by lonelywombat
    now I am awaiting the details of the top cabin crew, the perfect cabin crew
    Any Asian airline, or any airline staffed by Asian crew, is one that still retains the notion of customer service. Survey after survey puts SQ at the top of that list. Personally I'd follow that up by Emirates and the Bangkok-Narita leg of United Airlines (cabin crew is almost entirely Thai). TG itself certainly ranks ahead of QF but well behind the ones I've mentioned; I suspect because you don't get to be cabin crew on TG unless your family is well-connected, so there's a certain sense of noblesse oblige when dispensing service on TG

One of the most extraordinary is NZ. For some reason a tie is optional for the male cabin crew, but the shirt is designed to be worn with a tie. When I flew from Melbourne to Auckland a couple of months ago (avid readers may recall my trip with a Duty Mem'sahib to advise Comrade Helen after her less than inspiring APEC showing in Sydney) in the new 777 Business Class, the entire ambience was spoiled by a somewhat abrupt set of male FAs who looked as though they'd just finished their day job (ties off) and were now working their passage home. That was the trip where we ran into one of Aunty's One Night Stands who had survived the horrors to tell the tale