Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Malaysia Hotel

Malaysia Hotel

I will be staying at the Malyasia Hotel this weekend. Is this place a ok place to stay and is it close enough to the gay scene in Silom. Thanks.

Liked

Malyasia

Hi- Sure you will like the Malyasia. They will greet you with a glass of bottled water at the reception desk. The pool is taken care of every day, and the room will be OK, nothing fancy but clean. Also no problem with visitors but will have to leave ID at desk . I think it is about 5 minute ride to Silom. It is too far to walk, at least for me. Skytrain is in walking distance. Maylasia has a restaurant with guys hanging around in case you would like to buy them a drink or light snack.

I think if you don't mind paying double the price you might think of Tarntawan or Rose which are in the heart of the gay life.

Liked
    Skytrain is in walking distance
    Perhaps you mean MRT (Subway) Lumpini. Nearest Sky Train (BTS) is Sala dang.

Motocy taxi 10B to MRT or walk. Taxi to Soi Twlight 35B. MTR Lumpini to Silom 15B.

Maylasia has a restaurant with guys hanging around in case you would like to buy them a drink or light snack.
    A "light snack" ? :bounce:
    E Dok Tong

Malaysia Hotel

... is a good budget place to stay. If you stop at other places like Tarntawan, you pay 3 and even 4 times as much, let alone twice as much.

You are up the road - 5 mins walk - from Babylon, where I'm sure you can entertain yourself. With regard to getting to the "scene", I would jump in a taxi, cost 40 bht and get out around the Silom area. It's pointless getting a skytrain, which is located near Silom anyway, and even so, walking "up the road" in BKK, you will sweat your cobs off.

Liked
    Some love the place, others don't. There an Australian that has been staying (living) there for 8 months, don't talk to him unless you have a few hours free.

If the Malaysia does not suit your fancy, take a look at Vincent's down the street or just take a walk down Soi Si Bumphen, opposite Soi Nahmdupree and there are loads of guest type hotels, some brand new that look nice, Penguin, the Bosses place and Trivili to name a few.

Most Taxi drivers know the Malaysia Hotel, must have been there since the 70's and you have to pronounce it Mal-a-Ysia, not with a English slur/glottal slop or just say Sathorn Soi nung and then leo sai at the end of the street.

The police have been making Nam dupree one way to Rama 4 at rush hour and at Sathorn you can't go straight on Rama 4, only left or right.
    No left turns to Nahm dupree from Rama 4. You can take Soi Swan Swat, left at Si bumphen or come around from Sathorn 1.
    E Dok Tong

Malaysia

Hi,

I usually try to keep my manners at all times on the board with regards to answering posters.

The place is a shit hole.cesspit, fleabag pit. I would sooner eat burgers and sit in McDonalds all night!

Also, if you are a person who likes to be on the doorstep of the action, its not there!

I went there once when it was "recommended" by an alleged "in the know Bangkok based Foreigner"

We did not stay there, after viewing the rooms.

If you are on holiday and can even think about 30 quid a night whilst you are in Bangkok, get yourself to Tarntawan,Rose or similar.

I always stay at the Tawana Ramada, but it was booked out on that occasion.

Again, it depends on your budget.

Liked
    Bed bugs!.........................One recent guest had to flee his room twice..........initially after check in because of the horrible insecticide smell......and then later that night after being devoured by bed bugs.........
    Also the place has a reputation as a bottom feeder hangout........maybe you do not care!

Pinnacle or Vincents might be better choices

Liked: 1
    You either love the Malaysia or hate it . Those that hate it really go out of their way to bad mouth the place.

Liked

I'd stay at Omyim lodge

http://www.omyimgroup.com/index.html

if I was looking for a less expensive place. About same distance to Silom 2 and Soi Twilight.

But I usually stay at Tarntawan. I'm a creature of habit and I
    like being able to walk out the front door and around the corner,
    or a quick hope down the street to Soi Twilight.

Re: I'd stay at Omyim lodge

Quote Originally Posted by gearguy
    http://www.omyimgroup.com/index.html
    Cheers gearguy,

I was trying to remember that name, I use to have it in my computer until my hard drive got frazzled in a storm whilst I was away in the UK.

Yeah, that would be a good choice.