Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thailand v the Philippines

Re: Philippines

Quote Originally Posted by jimnbkk
    And, if you want them to investigate a burglary, for example, you have to agree up front to pay them for their time. (fact: this actually happened to my friend in Davao)
    But that sort of behavior is common throughout SE Asia, with the exception of Singapore. If your neighbour's house is burning, for example, it's common practice for the fire brigade in Malaysia and Thailand (and I suspect Indonesia and the Philippines) to demand payment before they will take preventative action to stop your house burning too. The fire brigade in Bangkok routinely insists on being the first back into any premises subject to fire, no matter how minimal the damage appears, and it's just amazing how little of value seems to survive

Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by sydneyboy
    Thank you for your responses so far. As for scams it never ceases to amaze me how naive some westeners can be. People who go to Thailand, the Philippines, Brazil etc seeking "love". I am earthbound.I realize the boys are not interested in my middle aged body or my great university trained mind. I want a good time and they want money. I do appreciate the safety warnings having once been mugged in Rio. I would never again walk around after dark in that city and from what you have told me I would not do so in Manila.

I am simply trying to broaden my horizens. From my internet searches so far it would appear that there are some good massage establishments in Manila and I would be interested if anyone can give recommendations from their personal experiences.
    I have been mugged in Sydney, Brisbane and Brussels, but never in Manilla [where I lived for 3 years], Bangkok [where I have been visiting very regularly for past 30 years] and Bali [where I now live]. Of course it does help a bit if you are street-wise. As for 'business boys' if you hang around the accepted places for such picking up then you expect to be lied to, etc., to extract as much as possible from you, irrespective of whether it finishes up as good value or not? This has little to do with the people of that country themselves, except perhaps in Thailand where almost everyone is on the make. Of course in Thailand the smile is so wonderful that even though you know you are being lied to, you forgive them. You are never stupid enough to believe any of the stories, particularly the emails that follow you about disasters back in the village, etc. If you do send them any assistance it is because of them not the story!

Filipinos are a wonderful race. To eat, drink, sing and make love [they never say sex] is what they want for every day. Outside of the city gay and/or money scene, they are totally natural and very genuine. As a little plus of no importance, being of Malay race [like the Balinese], they are also often hung like little horses, for their size.

Yes the waterfalls at Pangsanjan and the families who lived from the visiting tourists [local and foreign] was a wonderful place. Many happy memories of parties on the HouseBoat with the friendly boat boys who would take you up through the rapids in handmade dugout canoes. It has not finished, you just have to be a bit more discreet now, much better anyway.

Filipino circumcision

Filipinos circumcise their boys when they are four to seven years of age. It is not a circular circumcision, as in the west. The foreskin is pulled forward past the head of the penis and one cut is made in the foreskin parallel to the penis. They still have all of the skin; it's just cut once to slip right over the head of the penis. I use to teach Flip boys and a number of the boys told me of the process. The poor kids told me that they had to run around the house for a couple of weeks with big bandages on the dick's and it killed them to pee. It's a big deal in their culture. Sometimes they have all of the young boys in a family done at the same time and make a party of it. These poor guys got the worst of everything....Catholic, Spain... an American occupation....and the Marcos family. Is it any wonder that it is such a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Gomez Fong
    Of course it's cheaper...it's also dirtier, more dangerous, and less developed.

Sounds like North England!

Liked: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by kquill

But Philippine guys have nice teeth.
    Ofcourse I go with other Falang, it's my job, but you are the only one I love :)

Quote Originally Posted by Jetsam
    Quote Originally Posted by kquill

But Philippine guys have nice teeth.
    Nice teeth and a purty mouth.

Liked

PRETTY TEETH

AHHHHHH
    I am sorry to disagree...
    Most of my friends there have bad teeth.
    Many have a marphell, or a bridge.
    I have financed a couple of crowns.
    Not as expensive as here in the US.
    But they use porcelain, and it often cracks...
    I breaks my heart to see a beautiful Filipino smile and his front teeth are black with decay.
    Still, I love each and every one...
    :bounce:

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Filipino

Filipino guys can easily turn on a Westerner since they can be more buffed than Thais and can speak English. I haven't met one yet (gays) (or Filipino maids) that didn't have a hidden agenda. I think it is their environment that makes them connivers though on the surface they give an impression they share the same values as you do... Though there are Thais that have their hands out... usually it is pretty obvious if your radar is out...with Filipino, you never know when they will turn on you. Though they may have to go overseas in order to send money home... they will make sure they have the latest cell phone, designer hand bag, and IPod in order to impress their relatives back home. I'd take a Thai any time... over all, they're more genuine and not as materialistic.(yes, there are a few exceptions)

Liked: 1
    I have 20 Filipinos working for me. They are nice polite people UNTIL offended and then they become very dangerous indeed. only last week had to break up two of my workers, one was holding a knife at the others throat up against the wall. I have to handle them very carefully and I'm not sleeping with them!!!!
    Don't try to hold in farts - they travel up your spine and into your brain and that is where shitty ideas come from.

I did Manila many years ago ...

... it was a fab place, I didn't have any major hickups, there were quite a few go go bars then, and some of them on the outskirts of Manila. There used to be a club called quite appropriate the Banana Club, it was small but fab. But all has changed.