Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A new gay hotel?????????

Rather complicated

Quote Originally Posted by aussieal
    I don't consider myself a "sex tourist"
    I do however, expect to be permitted to have a gust in my room overnight or otherwise at my discretion. I am paying for a double room. If I am alone I expect to be able to fill that void by inviting someone to be the other 50% of my double, paid for, in advance, room.
    Am I missing something here?????
    Nothing to consider.
    Not a tourist.
    No sex.
    No scrabble. Ok. I can see the reason for this. :cyclops:

I considered the Siam Heritage a few times when Tarntawan was booked, and decided against it for the same reason each time: I could get a business suite (nice hardwood floors, desk, printer, proper Internet connection, dressing room, full size fridge in the kitchen -- great for friends coming over for drinks) at the Pathumwan Princess for less than they were quoting a standard room at the Siam Heritage (5,500 during high season, for a, erm, boutique hotel). And no hassles about who came back with me, be it a gang of western and Asian friends from Hong Kong or a cute local lad coming to spend the night.

What's more, at the Pathumwan they have (well, had -- I've not been in a while) a zero tolerance policy for stupidity. If you want a gin and tonic by the pool at 4:45 pm, you don't need to wait until 5 pm (our waiter at the Plaza Athanee told us '5 pm is the law in Thailand,' and received a look that could have frozen the swimming pool, and no tip. Stupidity should not be rewarded.). Anyway -- it was well after 5 pm in Hong Kong (and had it not been, I would have cited Sydney or even Tonga!).

Re: Bangkok. The Siam Heritage

I do however, expect to be permitted to have a gust in my room overnight or otherwise at my discretion. ....
    To play Scrabble I suppose?

Quote Originally Posted by kenc
    I do however, expect to be permitted to have a gust in my room overnight or otherwise at my discretion. ....
    To play Scrabble I suppose?

Eksakdli! :flower:

It’s a free choice …

First time I’ve stayed at the Siam Heritage it was arranged by Rabbit Resort where I was staying before. It was just perfect. I enjoyed two days of great hospitality. I could run around doing my jobs as needed.

Second time I’ve stayed at the Siam Heritage it was the late Mike, former director of Tarntawan Place Hotel who booked me in. Mike was always a good friend to me. The Tarntawan Place was fully booked and so where many others of my favourites for some reason. Again and as before, I’ve had an indeed pleasant stay. Mikes talled me also that he was getting very positive feedback from guests who did stay at the Siam Heritage.

Third time I've stayed at the Siam Heritage together with Supervisor. Again Silom / Sathon / Prathunwan area was very busy and we needed to do some jobs there again. And Supervisor was curious about this new place. We’ve enjoyed a very warm reception, great service; nothing to complain about as before. Without prior arrangement we've bumped into two other Euro / Thai gay couples we a befriended with since quite a while. Our friends came also frequently to Bangkok und used to stay before at the Triply Two Silom but changed to the Siam Heritage. Supervisor liked the plush place very much and was happy to see our friends again. But even with the special price we’ve paid, Supervisor decided that we should try "our" other places next time we need to go back to Silom since we cannot use all the luxury amenities provided and he would rather spend the difference in cash on his farm.

Liked: 1

I do however, expect to be permitted to have a gust in my room overnight or otherwise at my discretion. I am paying for a double room. If I am alone I expect to be able to fill that void by inviting someone to be the other 50% of my double, paid for, in advance, room.
    Am I missing something here?????
    Perhaps the titel PUNTER is less ofensive Or do you go to Thailand to visit temples and do a little sewing or knitting at night in front of the TV?
    Don't try to hold in farts - they travel up your spine and into your brain and that is where shitty ideas come from.

Joiners at Siam Heritage

I am in the Saim Heritage now. The room I have is a standard one. Nicely appointed with pretty fixtures and hardwood floors. I hope no one is above me with clacky high heels. The bathroom is nice but poorly lit as someone else has mentioned. In fact, the whole room could do with a bit more light. I am reading the information bulletin on the desk. It reads "Please register any outside guests. Visitors must present their identification cards at the bell counter on the ground floor when entering the hotel. The hotel will return the ID card when your visitors leave. There will be a surcharge of 900 baht of each guest you bring into your room." That should clear anything up regarding joiners.

Enjoy Siam Heritage

Quote Originally Posted by just me
    I am in the Saim Heritage now. The room I have is a standard one. Nicely appointed with pretty fixtures and hardwood floors. I hope no one is above me with clacky high heels. The bathroom is nice but poorly lit as someone else has mentioned. In fact, the whole room could do with a bit more light. I am reading the information bulletin on the desk. It reads "Please register any outside guests. Visitors must present their identification cards at the bell counter on the ground floor when entering the hotel. The hotel will return the ID card when your visitors leave. There will be a surcharge of 900 baht of each guest you bring into your room." That should clear anything up regarding joiners.

In Thailand, people usually do not run around in rooms wearing shoes. Shoes shall be left at the door. Wooden flooring is traditional style and therefore part of the heritage concept.

I also found the lightning just sufficient. There is often not much light in Thai hotel rooms in order to keep electricity costs low. But I can see your point; a little extra light would spoil the room at all.

I haven’t realised any joiner fees before. Maybe that’s new. The amount isn’t that unusual but enough to avoid the not really wanted prostitution. At any case, it would be wise to book a double room and announce your partner might arrive later and he will register as soon as he arrives. If you swap partners all the time, this will not work well for long.

For just short time sex there are the short-time rooms at the ground floor of closely Suriwongse Hotel of Bavana restaurant (near Jim Thompson, Suriwong) the better option, expect something around 400 TBT per hr. This was is less hassle and there is nothing missing afterwards, as happened occasionally.

If you take someone overnight make sure that his breakfast is included next morning. For 900 TBT it is something you can always ask for

Anyway, enjoy your stay.

On a personal note, although i am not farmiliar as yet with any particular hotels, i have recently stayed in good class hotels on a five day trip to North East Thailand with a boyfriend in tow. i have to say, there were no problems, and we were treated with respect and had great service. of course i expected the odd sideways glance from the other guests, and was not dissapointed, but that was all. To be honest as a very new farang myself and teamed up with a Thai boyfriend i expected a much worse reaction.

-- TC

I can only share this ...

Quote Originally Posted by The Collector
    On a personal note, although i am not farmiliar as yet with any particular hotels, i have recently stayed in good class hotels on a five day trip to North East Thailand with a boyfriend in tow. i have to say, there were no problems, and we were treated with respect and had great service. of course i expected the odd sideways glance from the other guests, and was not dissapointed, but that was all. To be honest as a very new farang myself and teamed up with a Thai boyfriend i expected a much worse reaction.

-- TC
    experience in fully.

I very rarely needed to “talk in private” to a receptionist or security person during the past years. On the other hand, it is a good police if there is some control. I can see any point of management in order to secure there guests and keep trouble away from premises. Frequent guests do only see there own position at present but cannot share the collected experience the hotel management has during the past ...

A first I found it unpleasant and felt “controlled” but having seen what happened to others, I feel a lot better with some “supervision”.

Upfront at arrival I make sure that reception recognises that I’ve booking a double room.

And I do not book with agencies for several days if I am not sure about the hotel. Once rooms have been paid in advanced, some business cannot resist making some extra cash.

With a constant change of faces joining you, you would raise some eyebrows at any halfway decent hotel everywhere, not just in Thailand.