Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gay Marriage

Gay Marriage

[color=brown][b]Hi there Guys,

My partner and I will be in Phuket in the last week May n first week in June. While we are in Phuket we would like to marry. Is there any where in Phuket that will preform a Marriage Ceremony or something similar so we show our Commitment to each other??.

Look forward to hearing from anybody who may know.

Similar Threads:

Re: Gay Marriage

Quote Originally Posted by im_fabulous_69
    [color=brown][b]Hi there Guys,

My partner and I will be in Phuket in the last week May n first week in June. While we are in Phuket we would like to marry. Is there any where in Phuket that will preform a Marriage Ceremony or something similar so we show our Commitment to each other??.

Look forward to hearing from anybody who may know.

There is no such thing as an official gay marriage in Thailand.

If your B/F is Thai I would suggest some "informal ceremony" in his village. This will show your real commitment also towards the community where he is from.

If you choose to register your partnership in an European country (NZ or parts of Australia) where such partnerships exist, you can get a visa for your B/F quite easily. He will then have the same rights as a female married to any of your countrymen BUT you will have absolutely no rights in Thailand.

Never forget Thais are at best indifferent towards gay people, but deep inside there is hatred and denial of civil rights. Of course if you have money you will never become aware of this.

Buddhist ceremony or consulate

There is no legal provision for any Gay marriage in Thailand.

Some temples arrange a buddhist ceremony for partnerships. This is without any legal binding.

Pending on nationality, at some consulates (i.e. at the French embassy) can a gay marriage ceremony be held including all legal documentations. This is something you need to inquire well ahead on time. I any case, be sure that a lot of paperwork is involved.

Liked
    you can get a visa for your B/F quite easily
    Easy? Care to elaborate on that?
    E Dok Tong

Quote Originally Posted by TrongpaiExpat

If you are a citizen of a country where same sex partnerships can be registered, you have the right to do so with a partner of your choice. Such registrations have to take place in the country where the Law applies - not in Thailand.

Hence your right to get a visa for your B/F in order to register that partnership in your home country. It's all about a human right.

Liked: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by begood

If you are a citizen of a country where same sex partnerships can be registered, you have the right to do so with a partner of your choice. Such registrations have to take place in the country where the Law applies - not in Thailand.

Hence your right to get a visa for your B/F in order to register that partnership in your home country. It's all about a human right.
    I can assure you that the British Embassy in Bangkok or any other place in the world do not dish out visas to boys who wish to have a same sex unity in the UK with a Brit without a full investigation as to if it is a genuine relationship or not.

Bearing in mind that Thailand has a reputation of being a nation of professional whores who are just after your money it can prove very difficult indeed. I believe that one requirement is that you have lived together under the same roof in Thailand continuously for at least 2 or even 4 years in a relationship akin to marriage and PROVE IT

Some of the proof required.

1 Bank accounts in joint name ( very dangerous)
    2.Utility bills in joint name
    3 Rent or ownership of property in joint name
    4 Pictures of yourselves together
    5 Statements from prominent British citizens who can testify that the relationship is real

These are just a few of the top of my head. Its not easy
    Don't try to hold in farts - they travel up your spine and into your brain and that is where shitty ideas come from.

Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by begood

Nonsense. No western country dish out visas for wannabemarried Thai boys.

Civil Partnerships in the UK

Allieb,

Where did you find your amazing list of requirements from the UK??

Having brought my Thai partner to the UK just over a year ago, and held our Civil Partnership in December, I can assure you that the process is not nearly as elaborate as you describe.

In fact the application process which my partner undertook was remarkably simple. I helped him complete the application form for the Settlement Visa, and supplied evidence of my own income and property ownership, and letters from two of my friends in support (not exactly prominent citizens!). He lodged the application with the agency which handles the papers on behalf of the British Embassy, and three days later his visa was granted (not even an interview!).

So you see, the checks are quite minimal.

Quote Originally Posted by Uranus
    Nonsense. No western country dish out visas for wannabemarried Thai boys.
    Wrong ! The Swiss Embassy will do everything to help. It is the Law! A Swiss citizen has the right to marry and the same applies for the registered partnership. They will ask for all the documents from your B/F (birth certificate, documents stating that he is not yet married etc) and then transmit the whole to the registry department of your chosen council in Switzerland where the "marriage" can be arranged. Once the appointment taken they will issue the visa and there is definitely no questioning about bank accounts or the duration of living together.

Again: It is a human right and nobody has the right to ask that you live together with somebody before you marry him.

Wake up gay people and get used that we have the same rights as the breeders.

Wake up gay people and get used that we have the same rights as the breeders.
    Speak for yourself. I don't have the same rights, not here and not in my home country.