Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Involved with underaged

Involved with underaged

We often read about people caught with minors but rarely hear of what happened to them. Here is a rough translation of an article which appeared this morning in a French newspaper:

(Los Angeles) A 58 year old American was sentenced yesterday to ten years firm in jail by the justice of his country (USA) for having sexual activities with minors.

Steven Erik Prowler, a teacher who worked in Thailand pleaded guilty last February. He was arrested by the Bangkok police in May 2005 in the presence of two teenagers of 15 and 16 years old. They later stated in court that they were paid to have sex with Prowler.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

well the reason is

"We often read about people caught with minors but rarely hear of what happened to them"

that most "come to an arrangement" with authorities.

Fancy being called Prowler !
    I'm only a light drinker. When it's daylight I drink.

Liked
    I think I read an article about this case in The Nation or BKK Post the other day. He apparently paid the kids a whopping B200. I believe some of his neighbors tipped off the police because he was seen with lots of boys going to his condo.

After he was deported from Thailand he was taken in police custody to the US and prosecuted in the US (California I believe) under an American law that targets sex tourists and punishes them under US law.

10 years is a serious sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by fedssocr
    10 years is a serious sentence.
    But well deserved !

Liked
    I take it, then, buaseng, that, even though you give your location as England, you disagreed with the current UK government when it equalised the straight and gay ages of consent at 16? After all, you say that his 10 year sentence is "well deserved", even though one boy was 16.
    "The fruits of peace and tranquility... are the greatest goods... while those of its opposite, strife, are unbearable evils. Hence we ought to wish for peace, to seek it if we do not already have it, to conserve it once it is attained, and to repel with all our strength the strife which is opposed to it. To this end individual[s]... and in even greater degree groups and communities are obliged to help one another... from the bond or law of human society." [Marsilio dei Mainardini (c.1275-1342), Defensor Pacis]

Re: well the reason is

Quote Originally Posted by Lunchtime O'Booze
    Fancy being called Prowler !
    You beat me to it. However it's obviously not as common a name as, say, "aussieal" :idea:

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Ramses

re:Ramses

guess who's back

Forum's veteran
    Liked: 1

Re: Ramses

Quote Originally Posted by dab69
    re:Ramses

guess who's back
    Wrong... this is a new canuck.

Now we have two

Quote Originally Posted by Marsilius
    I take it, then, buaseng, that, even though you give your location as England, you disagreed with the current UK government when it equalised the straight and gay ages of consent at 16? After all, you say that his 10 year sentence is "well deserved", even though one boy was 16.
    Firstly the boy involved was 15 in all the reports I have seen and one the boys in the prior offence the previous year was 14.

Why I say well deserved?
    a. The 'PROTECT' law under which the guy was charged in the US relates to the protection and sexploitation of minors and sex tourism with under age kids. It became law in California in 2003.

b. The offence for which he was found guilty happened in 2005 and he admitted to other offences committed on a previous visit in 2004.

c. The dickhead therefore traveled to Thailand for pedo purposes knowing full well what would happen if he was caught.

Not only is he sick in the head he was damned stupid as well - that's why he deserves his sentence.

Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by buaseng
    Firstly the boy involved was 15 in all the reports I have seen and one the boys in the prior offence the previous year was 14.

Why I say well deserved?
    a. The 'PROTECT' law under which the guy was charged in the US relates to the protection and sexploitation of minors and sex tourism with under age kids. It became law in California in 2003.

b. The offence for which he was found guilty happened in 2005 and he admitted to other offences committed on a previous visit in 2004.

c. The dickhead therefore traveled to Thailand for pedo purposes knowing full well what would happen if he was caught.

Not only is he sick in the head he was damned stupid as well - that's why he deserves his sentence.
    I think that pedophilia is usually used in instances related to pre-pubescent children and post-pubescent and before legally defined adulthood is defined as pederast. (excuse my poor grammar)

I am not sure if there is a category for sex-tourists and sexpats who play around with people more or nearly 1/2 their age.

I think many people are attracted to young Thais because they exude an innocence of a 15 year old and have bodies that look child-like even though they may be 18 or 25 years old.

Would you agree buaseng?
    Being gay can be such a pain in the ass