As I was to open my new venue at the Enchanted Hut I suggested to Billy that he have a going away bash. Billy agreed and said he contribute 5000B towards the night. I explained that as this would only about cover the drinks bill I would provide the snacks, the show and the venue free.
I did tell Billy NOT to do the event for charity and not to charge 200 b. entry fee as there was not enough time to organise it properly. I did invite Take Care to hold a raffle if they wished. Most of that group turned up but did not hold a raffle. All postings about the bash and all references to charity were made by Billy, NOT by me.
Billy turned up late on the night with 6 boys in all.
My total costs for the night amounted to 6800B. Billy gave 2000B on the night promising to pay the agreed balance of 3000B. the following day. He did not do so. The next day my manager phoned him and he said he was in Bangkok. He hung up when I tried to speak with him. Within 1 hour somebody phoned me to say that Billy was in Sunnee Plaza. My manager went to Sunnee Plaza, found him and gave him the bill. He walked away and said he would pay tomorrow. He refused to talk to me on my managers phone. To date he has not paid.
In most bars the manager is responsible for unpaid bills but I take responsibility in this case for being a bad judge of character.
Billy will never again be welcome at Monty's and if he ever pays the 3000B. I will give it to charity.
These are the facts. Draw your own conclusions.
This is the end of the matter as far as I'm concerned.
Monty.