Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: silom hotel

Liked
    I will be in Thailand from October 11 till November 5th. I don't like to be in Thailand during high season because of the prices and all the visitors from the west. I am in the west... Can't they stay home and let me enjoy my vacation without them having to be there? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by ahobni
    I'll wait until Bucknaway gets a response to his inquiry. I want to share with boys not bugs. I remember years back on my very first visit to Bkk I stayed at the Suriwongse. The place was crawling with roaches, massive big ones, even bigger than you see deep fried on the vendor stall along the road. I left the light on and they stayed under the bed. There was millions of them.

Bucknaway, when are you visiting Bkk? I will be there the second half of February. I don't want to leave booking too late as I might not get a room.
    These are the good'ol days

Liked
    Here is the link where I read others views on the Trinity

Also, someone says in the posts that the pool they show is not in the hotel but across the street in a different building.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Search?where ... mit=submit

Thanks Bucknaway, I think I'll stay with the Tower Inn, or Unico Grande as it is now known. Never had any problems with it but just fancied a change. Enjoy your stay.

Liked: 1
    Never seen any insects during several stays at Trinity.

The Trinity pool and gym is part of the health club on the 9th (?) floor of the Trinity condo building across the soi. Hotel guests get free access. It's one of the nicest pools in Silom. Rooms are a bit dark because the building is surrounded by high-rises. Breakfast was moved to a bright room several years ago and is not bad for the price.

The other hotel in this price range with a pool is the Plaza, but the pool is not as nice. Rooms nicer though. Further to BTS.

Both around the 1200 baht mark from memory. About the best value in Silom if you want a pool.

If the pool is a priority, go for Trinity. If the room's more important, go for the Plaza.

Someone else will have to advise on joiner policy.

Quote Originally Posted by bucknaway
    I was about to book at the Trinity Silom but I went to www.tripadvisor.com and people were complaining about bugs and baby roaches at the Trinity. Anyone have any information on this?

I don't want to stay there if they have bugs.....

There's no extra charge for them, even though they are overnight guests!

Liked
    is there a web link for the plaza?

Quote Originally Posted by Hmmm
    Never seen any insects during several stays at Trinity.

The Trinity pool and gym is part of the health club on the 9th (?) floor of the Trinity condo building across the soi. Hotel guests get free access. It's one of the nicest pools in Silom. Rooms are a bit dark because the building is surrounded by high-rises. Breakfast was moved to a bright room several years ago and is not bad for the price.

The other hotel in this price range with a pool is the Plaza, but the pool is not as nice. Rooms nicer though. Further to BTS.

Both around the 1200 baht mark from memory. About the best value in Silom if you want a pool.

If the pool is a priority, go for Trinity. If the room's more important, go for the Plaza.

Someone else will have to advise on joiner policy.

Liked
    Wouldn't it be easier just to Google search 'Plaza Hotel Bangkok'? I just did it and there are lots of links, and it took all of 4 seconds.
    Not trying to be anal (certainly that'll be the accusation), but this kind of easily-searched question seems rather odd given the efficiency of search engines.

Cheers ...
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by Smiles
    Wouldn't it be easier just to Google search 'Plaza Hotel Bangkok'?
    Yes, it would certainly. I think people often just post a reflexive question with respect to links. You're right; all it takes is just a few seconds in a search engine.

Liked
    I could do that but it may not come up with the same hotel he mentioned. I stayed at the Regent in Bangkok but you could Google it and maybe not find the Regent I stayed at. Sometimes you guys are just negative for negatives sake.

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles
    Wouldn't it be easier just to Google search 'Plaza Hotel Bangkok'? I just did it and there are lots of links, and it took all of 4 seconds.
    Not trying to be anal (certainly that'll be the accusation), but this kind of easily-searched question seems rather odd given the efficiency of search engines.

Cheers ...

Trinity Hotel & Complex

Here is the link where I read others views on the Trinity

Also, someone says in the posts that the pool they show is not in the hotel but across the street in a different building.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Search?where ... mit=submit

I’ve read the link. If rooms where half as bad as mentioned before, the hotel would less popular.

But I’ve read all the others comments too which where just the opposite.

Again, I never ever had any reason to complain, except hat the hotel is often fully booked.

The Trinity Hotel is part of a big complex, inculding an block with services apartments and a shpping mall.