Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: silom hotel

Quote Originally Posted by kawika5
    Have any of you tried the Saladang Place Serviced Apts...nice , close to Central Dept Store...great pool, can bring guys home...I jsut got back and stayed there and easy walk to Tawan my favoirite go go bar

Good luck
    You can google them for more info
    I am rather surprised that this place now allows you to bring boys back..... are there any extra charges? Used to stay there a few years ago until they started charging for overnite guests.

Condo versus hotel

Quote Originally Posted by rustee
    Quote Originally Posted by kawika5
    Have any of you tried the Saladang Place Serviced Apts...nice , close to Central Dept Store...great pool, can bring guys home...I jsut got back and stayed there and easy walk to Tawan my favoirite go go bar

Good luck
    You can google them for more info
    I am rather surprised that this place now allows you to bring boys back..... are there any extra charges? Used to stay there a few years ago until they started charging for overnite guests.
    Services Apartments are no hotel! You can invite to your condo anybody you like. It is all your own responsibility.

Re: Condo versus hotel

Quote Originally Posted by ttom
    Services Apartments are no hotel! You can invite to your condo anybody you like. It is all your own responsibility.
    And a condo is not a serviced apartment. Many serviced apartment managements believe they have every right (for their guests' protection, of course) to regulate who may visit someone staying in a serviced apartment. A rented condo, however, is something altogether different

Forum's veteran
    Liked

nice surprise

I just stayed at the remodeled Rose Hotel and the rooms were nicely done. Since it has been less than a year since it has been re-opened the rooms look new. Some people say they're small but I don't spend all day in my hotel room anyway. The nice surprise was the new pool that is tastefully landscaped. The Rose hotel runs around 2000 baht right now.

Liked
    I was about to book at the Trinity Silom but I went to www.tripadvisor.com and people were complaining about bugs and baby roaches at the Trinity. Anyone have any information on this?

I don't want to stay there if they have bugs.....
    These are the good'ol days

I'll wait until Bucknaway gets a response to his inquiry. I want to share with boys not bugs. I remember years back on my very first visit to Bkk I stayed at the Suriwongse. The place was crawling with roaches, massive big ones, even bigger than you see deep fried on the vendor stall along the road. I left the light on and they stayed under the bed. There was millions of them.

Bucknaway, when are you visiting Bkk? I will be there the second half of February. I don't want to leave booking too late as I might not get a room.

When I stayed at Trinity a few years back I didn't see any bugs. However, I did see a breakfast chef who didn't have the faintest idea how to fry an egg, a very dark, but largeish, room with a view that begged for the curtains to be kept closed, a family of Indians waiting in the lobby for a car for several hours... are they still there?

Though my "buffet" breakfast was included I was glad of the croissant place nearby, called Pain of France or something similar.
    I got value for money but hadn't paid much. I prefer to pay a bit more these days.

'scuse me, my next French pain, a fine Bordeaux awaits.

Re: Condo versus hotel

Quote Originally Posted by homintern
    Quote Originally Posted by ttom
    And a condo is not a serviced apartment. Many serviced apartment managements believe they have every right (for their guests' protection, of course) to regulate who may visit someone staying in a serviced apartment. A rented condo, however, is something altogether different
    A serviced apartment is nothing but a condo with some extras included. Therefore the rental agency or landlord is usually (over-) charging additional costs for water and electricity. Sometimes room cleaning is included, sometimes not.

Trinity Silom is excellent value for money

Quote Originally Posted by 555
    When I stayed at Trinity a few years back I didn't see any bugs. However, I did see a breakfast chef who didn't have the faintest idea how to fry an egg, a very dark, but largeish, room with a view that begged for the curtains to be kept closed, a family of Indians waiting in the lobby for a car for several hours... are they still there?

Though my "buffet" breakfast was included I was glad of the croissant place nearby, called Pain of France or something similar.
    I got value for money but hadn't paid much. I prefer to pay a bit more these days.

'scuse me, my next French pain, a fine Bordeaux awaits.
    I’ve never ever had any problems with the Trinity hotel. The only problem is, the hotel is often booked out, especially if the University is having some events.

And Supervisor likes it too. He is very much value-for-money orientated and as soon as we need to travel to Bangkok and booking a room, he arranged accommodation at the Trinity. He wouldn’t set his foot into the Suriwong Hotel anymore after having visited a friend there once.

One can only assume that whatever "University" it is that is proximous to Soi 3/Soi 5 the students don't like their eggs easy-over.

Actually, I have moved "dorm" upmarket and frequently stay at the Dusit property next to Chula. i.e. MBK Heights.