Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Did billy do a runner

Liked

Did billy do a runner

From friends that went to bills party, the bill came to 5340 baht and billy paid 2000 and did a runner on the rest

I am told that Monty was charging a reduced price for the drinks and trusted billy

any more info?

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked
    and how much of the income went to Heart 2000, the advertised beneficiary? For such prolific posters and showmen, Monty and Billy have gone awfully quiet since this event!

Liked
    If no money was made then no money has to be donated. And why you guys beating up on these guys for at least trying to do a good deed (Which would be too stressful for me to try as they did)?

If we were true FAMILY & FRIENDS on here we would come together and see to it that all parties could save face and have some baht to donate to the charity but it is more fun to go on the attack and hope for a cyber mob to get in on the act.

Ting & Tongs has a charity pot with a total amount donated. If we had such a thing for the Billy event, I would be more than happy to give knowing where he money is going and that it helps not only the charity, but 2 posters here that lets them know we care.
    These are the good'ol days

I agree

The charity thing did not happen so let it go. The big deal here is that Monty was left to foot the bill when we all know he is having a tough time these days trying to get his own business going again. When Billy deleted his postings we all knew he could not afford to sponsor a farewell party and instead of him doing the right thing and cancelling the event he let Monty foot the bill. My opinion of Billy has always been low and this proved that I was right. Monty bears a little guilt here by going along and doing a soft opening but I think this was to help Billy out. Still the whole affair left a bad taste and should Billy ever again show his face in thailand we should let him know what we think of him.

Liked
    I am all for helping Monty and the Charity but I don't want any part in the Drama of beating up on Billy.

Why hold onto all that negativity? You have to hold onto it and wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, rekindle it, wait and then when you see him let him have it on something that all concerned parties may have worked out and moved on.

What happened between him and Money is their affair between two grown men, they don't need me or you or anyone else on the sideline giving our 2 cent on how they conducted their friendship.

But this is my opinion only........

If we had such a thing for the Billy even .
    You have a serious creepy behavior by an individual with not have a sketchy mustache . He is out of control !

Liked
    Thanks Baizel. that should read "If we had such a thing for the Billy event."

Ok, I am not going to haunt this thread.

I said my part and am willing to put my money where my fonts are.

Re: I agree

Quote Originally Posted by luvthai
    My opinion of Billy has always been low and this proved that I was right. Monty bears a little guilt here by going along and doing a soft opening but I think this was to help Billy out. Still the whole affair left a bad taste and should Billy ever again show his face in thailand we should let him know what we think of him.
    It was of course you luvthai who was main of the main protagonists who were forecasting the whole Billy event would be a failure from the start. You and others who if you really had any sincere intentions of supporting the charity to which it was hoped donations would be made would have offered encouragement rather than using Billy's party to vent you own personal vendetta against him.

At least Billy attempted to gather support for the charity, apart from posing your venom what have you done?

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked
    I think that you guys who are willing to just say, "Oh Monty is having a hard time with his business" or "Billy is a card, who could have expected more from him" are missing the point.

Heart 2000 is a very respected local gay charity, on whose name a number of fundraising events in gay or gay friendly venues have had special evenings with the intention of raising funds for Heart 2000. These events are generally well publicised, frequently on message forums, and the name of Heart 2000 adds a certain cachet and credibility to these events, which have a chequered history of actually making as much for the charity, as is earned for the business. What these events do provide is publicity for the venues where the events are held, and they draw in potential future customers, who might not have visited the premises otherwise.

Now you have a new business promoting it's "soft" opening on all the message boards, and on a notice board outside the bar, with the message that it's all in aid of Heart 2000, and no one can tell us what if anything was donated to the charity?! And apologists on here are saying, "well maybe they didn't actually make a profit on the night"! That's not the point, they used Heart 2000 to publicise this as a charity event and the opening of a new venue! They gained publicity by association, and the credibility of other "fundraising" events, using the name of Heart 2000 as a hook, is diminished by another failed charity evening.

Liked
    Like the Jerry Lewis Telethon, the time Charitable donations do not end when the TV show is over. Why not champion an online donation drive in conjunction with the even held at Monty's?

Why not make our words and actions count for something positive?