Liked

is this spam or fair dinkum

I received this invitation in email today

the email address seems to be in thailand

Has any body else received this?

cut and paste
    Quechup.com
    Trouble viewing this e-mail - click here
    Allen Briggs (e-mail deleted - by jinks)
    has invited you as a friend on Quechup...
    ...the social networking platform sweeping the globe
    Click here to accept Allen's invite
    You can use Quechup to meet new people, catch up with old friends, maintain a blog, share videos & photos, chat with other members, play games, and more. It's no wonder Quechup is fast becoming 'The Social Networking site to be on'.
    Join Allen and his friends today:
    links disabled quechup.com/join.php/aT0wMDAwMDAwMDEwNDAzOTcxJmM9MTA0NzU3
    You received this because Allen Briggs (e-mail deleted - by jinks) knows and agreed to invite you. You will only receive one invite from (e-mail deleted - by jinks) Quechup will not spam or sell your email address - privacy policy. ┬й Quechup 2007.
    Click here if you do not wish to receive any more emails from Quechup

Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

Forum's veteran
    Liked: 1
    I had one too...

It might be real or not the mail address is different from the one I have for Allen.

However we don't want web trawlers grabbing anyone's e-mail address from the board.

I got the same. Someone, somewhere seems to have got access to a list of members' email addresses from one or more of the gay boards.

It looks like spam. The last sentence in particular - "Click here if you do not wish to receive any more emails from Quechup" - is the sort of ploy that spammers use to confirm that an email address is still active ! If you click on it the spam starts to flow like a bad case of diarrhoea - BE WARNED !

Liked

I'm afraid it was my fault -- sincere apologies

"MEA CULPA", guys. (I am at fault!) I am doubtless guilty of letting them access my address book, though I don't remember doing it specifically, and had no idea so many people were listed. That I was using my computer at work at the time makes it doubly bad, but I don't know how they got as many names as they apparently did.

I apologize sincerely. I haven't been back to the Quechup board since I "accepted an invitation" from someone else ... I'm sorry so many of my friends got stuck with mail from them. My sincere regrets.

Thanks for alerting me to the problem!!!!!!! Embarrassing and astounding, but doubtless my carelessness!!!!

Allen

Thanks for your apology GP, but only to be expected from you - many others would have just kept quiet and we wouldn't have been the wiser!!

If it was your fault you are forgiven. :cheers:

Liked
    No problem, Allen. I got one of them too and, thinking it was from you, signed up (although I really have no clue what that site is all about). No problem (well, if I do get more than a couple of thousand pieces of spam from them, I'll dump a little sand down your shorts the next time I see you at Dongtan Beach....hehe).