Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DELETED

SWF Shooting up the rankings

DELETED

Certainly a novel way of getting a bit of free publicity for your site !!

WTF is SWF? at the very worst it would be SGT for Sawatdee Gay Thailand - Society for the eradication of oblique acronyms.

This site produces some very curious statistics. So curious, in fact that I don't believe them.

TRAFFIC AVERAGE 1 WEEK
    Sawatdee 168,000
    TingTong 341,685
    GayThailand 661,392
    BahtStop 1070,666

TRAFFIC AVERAGE OVER 3 MONTHS
    Sawatdee 515,000
    TingTong 772,406
    GayThailand 641,667
    Baht Stop 1798,371

Alexa is notorious for poor stats.

It gathers them from users that have the alexa toolbar installed.

How many here have the alexa toolbar?

Liked
    asian-twink@yahoogroups.com which has almost 8000 members, has a link on every post to sawatdee

and has had since this new board started.

A lot of new traffic comes from that yahoogroup.

I wonder what they think of Billy and if he really represents elephantspike.
    Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

google analytics is the only one worth much attention.

Liked
    It is hard to believe that Baht Stop enjoyed more than three times the traffic of this forum over the last three months, and even harder to believe that it had more than six times the traffic over the last week.

Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkSilom
    " ... It is hard to believe that Baht Stop enjoyed more than three times the traffic of this forum over the last three months, and even harder to believe that it had more than six times the traffic over the last week .... "
    Not only hard to believe, but by any reasonably objective man, impossible to believe.

Although I guess one could say I have little love for Baht-Stop (i.e. not objective ... see: 'The Past'), when it comes to cold numbers regarding hits, views, posts, replies etc etc they are all right there for everyone to see on all the Boards' topic list pages.

Using those (reasonable?) measurements Sawatdee is quite far ahead of the other Boards. Ting Tong is a highly deserved #2 (despite TravelerJim's hysterical love affair with a single 10,000-hit thread). GayThailand and Baht-Stop are very much 3rd and 4th, and though very close on each other, both are miles away from either this board or Ting Tong.

The Numbers. A 'Print Screen' shot of the stats area of all 4 topic listing pages using approximately the same date timespan on each (i.e. all of their first pages). Rather hard to read, sorry ... and undoubtedly will be a slow upload in this post.

Cheers ...
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

fame

Isn't it great being famous!

Not only is SGF popular, people actually tune in and read what we are saying!

DELETED