Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for a Thai BF in Pattaya

Liked

Re: Looking for a Thai BF in Pattaya

Quote Originally Posted by Raksiam
    Do you think its possible to find a good Thai boyfriend who currently works as a go go boy or beer bar host (for a "serious" live in long term relationship)? Intellectually, I think, of course it is, they are just humans doing a job. But if you meet them playing the money boy role they play on the job, haven't you poisoned any future possible relationship from the start?
    Absolutely! I met my Thai bf in a go go bar 7 years ago in Pattaya and we remain together to this day. But, as Sexyfrenchguy, says you must pay for this relationship. Not possible for the Thai to continue working in the sex trade. Do you want that? My friend works hard at a job but depends on money from me to enjoy life a little.

Recently I had a rendez-vous with a charming go go boy at Siam Boy in Pattaya who was looking for a compatible farang for a relationship. But there are many wolfs in sheep's clothing!

Francois

Liked
    Some brag about their BF's job which gives them some independence and some money. If the BF is a farmer or in a small business or a student or whatever, this is good. He is not a "money boy." He is respectable.

Are we saying that the sex trade is not a business? Are we saying that a prostitution is not a job? Are we saying that a "money boy" is not respectable? Personally, I would never say any of those things. I have enjoyed a couple of longish relationships with boys from the sex trade and treated them as I would a boy in any profession. One of the boys left the trade while he was with me and that was fine. The other boy remained working at his bar and taking customers and that was fine also. It was his job. He seemed to enjoy the working conditions.

But being a sex worker is dangerous. I can think of many other jobs that are much more dangerous.

But sex trade is synonomous with drugs. These are two separate issues and you can find many boys who don't take drugs.

But they only want your money. Yes, that maybe true in the beginning but what is it they really want. Security. A home. Freedom from want. Some of the better thing in life. These are no different from the goals of any of us. My mother financially bleed my father dry for her material needs in a worse way than any money boy if known.

In short, we can seek a positive relationship anywhere and, if we're lucky find one somewhere. I would never limit my possibilities and every human is an individual.

Lots of very diverse responses, thanks.
    Some confirming my pessimism, these kinds of relationships aren't easy to navigate.
    If I did meet a bf who was a sex worker, personally I couldn't deal with him continuing to be a sex worker as I live here. I fully understand most of the financial support would come from me, but a full time kept boy situation sounds bad, so I guess I would expect him to do something legit for work just to be part of Thai society. I get the problem here. Here is this guy I supposedly care about and "forcing" him to work some boring crap job for peanuts, what kind of love is that he would think, and also likely he couldn't hack a straight job. Maybe that is kind of a parental love, thinking this would be better for him in the long term. Sounds problematical, almost acting like a social worker, not a boyfriend.

Liked
    ask me in 3 more months... just got through the 3 month anniversary
    [url]http://thaidiamondstories.moonfruit.com/[/url]
    About my books

Liked
    I am not sure if its possible, I certainly hope so!

Wesley
    All the Best!

Wes

Liked
    Well Raksiam,I enjoy your post,but I cant give any advice as Im not going to semi retire to Thailand for 6 years.I will be in the same position as you,living in Pattaya and looking for a boyfriend,but it seems an impossible situation. They all seem to be corrupted by the scene there.What Im wondering is how anyone living in Pattaya can have it work.I myself think I would get bored with the sex and start butterflying. My idea was to find one guy and not worry about safe sex,as my big fear is getting hpv,but Im afraid I probably already have it so maybe Ill just enjoy being a butterfly until it catches up with me and get cancer. Rocket(who is glad to see some uplifting responses to the idea of having a boyfriend in Thailand)

Liked
    One of the problems I notice with many money boys turned boyfriend is that they keep assocations with those still in the scene. The average bar boy gets up at 4 to 6 pm. Goes to work at 8pm and at the end of the night 2am, they all go out for a communal dinner. Who ever had a short time pays for everyone. If there's more money, it's disco time, until 4am or until the money is gone. No concern for tomorrow.

The boyfriend has a steady source of income and the friends know that. He is forever being hit up for going to the disco, loans and emergency needs for money.

The former money boy has to make the transition from communal living to a one-on-one living arrangement that does think about tomorrow.
    E Dok Tong