Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Fighting for justice

Liked
    Stunned is he only word I an come up with , not sure I will ever go to [business name deleted under threat of legal action from involved party-Elephantspike] again though
    All the Best!

Wes

THANK YOU

Guys,

Don't know who did wrong by me, but I did not make a mistake in that department!

Re: Fighting for justice

Quote Originally Posted by kquill
    Guys,

You mentioned a man who was cleared by the supreme court after Fair trials abroad took his case up in 2001.

Mine started in October 2000

FTA are still helping me.

I am still waiting for them to assist me, [ The thai courts] even though the Police have apologized!

Andrew-drummond.com

You do the right thing Kevin! But I have the feeling that we fighting against wind mills. The question for me is: "Can we find Justice in Thailand?"

Let's say some one win a criminal case in the Federal Thai court. The Prosecution lost the case and face! So they went to appeal and lost. And last not least the appeal again and went to the supreme court. And they lost again.

I honestly ask my selves, has the Prosecution the right to appeal? Thailand today 10 Years trial time. For the apology we can't buy anything. 10 years life time and may sleepless nights.

What a Thai citizen do in this case, with no money? Accept the charges and sit in Jail? Can he find justice? NO WAY!!!

Forum's veteran
    Mount Calvary Baptist Church of the Redeemer
    Liked
    Wow, well my hat goes off to you Kevin! There's certainly a book in there alright, even if the final chapters may still have yet to be written. What amazes me about Thailand when you read stories like these don't they understand that in the eyes of the West, such appalling 'justice' and 'policing' makes them a laughing stock of the whole world? Don't they get that? Stories like that makes Thailand lose face on the world stage. You think that would seep through, wouldn't you???!!!

The other thing I have never understood when it comes to the criminal mind is how do these people (con-artists, fraudsters, corrupt police etc) find each other, and what is the glue that holds them together so tightly and for so long? Surely there must be more to that than just money?
    JESUS LOVES YOU, yes, even you nancies

Quote Originally Posted by Aunty
    Wow, well my hat goes off to you Kevin! There's certainly a book in there alright, even if the final chapters may still have yet to be written. What amazes me about Thailand when you read stories like these don't they understand that in the eyes of the West, such appalling 'justice' and 'policing' makes them a laughing stock of the whole world? Don't they get that? Stories like that makes Thailand lose face on the world stage. You think that would seep through, wouldn't you???!!!

The other thing I have never understood when it comes to the criminal mind is how do these people (con-artists, fraudsters, corrupt police etc) find each other, and what is the glue that holds them together so tightly and for so long? Surely there must be more to that than just money?

Aunty,

I wish I knew!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

fascinating!!!

I await with baited breath for the next move.
    I'm only a light drinker. When it's daylight I drink.

(con-artists, fraudsters, corrupt police etc)

It is very easy "Aunty!" One crow not picking in the eye from another crow!!! In some countries as you may know, wearing some uniform is like a license to be a criminal! I personally don't know anymore should I cry or take the guns out!!

Re: (con-artists, fraudsters, corrupt police etc)

Quote Originally Posted by krazydragon

It is very easy "Aunty!" One craw not picking in the eye from another craw!!! In some countries as you may know, wearing some uniform is like a license to be a criminal! I personally don't know anymore should I cry or take the guns out!!

Aunty,

Krazydragon actually came and lived with me for a while, during this saga! as it was a bad time for me, I also had soldiers sleeping in the living room with live ammuntion!

Life in Thailand can be very cheap!

What he means in his post is the same as my lawyers told me, "Crows don't pick the eyes out of other Crows!"

Justice

Such cases provide compelling evidence against capital punishment; mistakes and miscarraiges of justice occur in both capital and non-capital cases, and not just in Thailand. Impoverished labourers from Isaan don't have the economic means to hire the best legal support to fight injustice. As in the US, it is the poor not the wealthy, who end up on Death Row.

This is what my argument was about Nelson ..

i.e. re: my being against capital punishment poll and your comments.

However, apparently, according to statistics, countries that have the death penalty in place, people are less likely to commit a serious crime, due to the fact that they will have to face "it" if they are caught. Mind you, statistics statistics statistics, do you think that is the case in the US!