Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: DELETED

donations

Since everything was free and there were no donations made I guess the answer is nothing was passed on as nothing was collected.

Deceased Member
    Liked
    Sorry Jon - Boxer was in Hong Kong for tests.

Re: donations

Quote Originally Posted by luvthai
    Since everything was free and there were no donations made I guess the answer is nothing was passed on as nothing was collected.
    IF that's the actual case then both Monty and Billy should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves as the event was touted as a charity event for Dr Phillippe and the board outside clearly stated 'all proceeds to Hearrt 2000'.

Monty (or Billy) should quickly let all the forums on which they advertised know how much (if anything) was donated to charity.

But, if no statement is forthcoming, we can only assume that no donation was made. I suppose that is only to be expected as some Pattaya entrepreneurs will do or say almost anything to lure in extra customers to increase their takings and make a few extra Baht.

Snowkat

If you re-read the original post here it explains the sequence of events. No donations were requested so none collected. I think the whole idea just got out of their control and they did the best they could to make good on the free snacks and drinks. I guess we won't know who actually footed the bill for the evening. I have the feeling Monty carried the evening tho.

Stereotypes

Quote Originally Posted by Snowkat
    Yep, not your stereotypical Aussie surfer or athlete is he?
    I've always assumed that Billy and aussieal are one and the same - and now I've got photographs to prove the Australian stereoytpe

Liked
    If no money went to Charity , it truly is disappointing!

Wesley
    All the Best!

Wes

Liked

Might make a cool avatar ...

So this is Billy eh? Nice bit of sweaty beef.
    This one goes in my never-to-be-forgotten file for 'future reference'. :blackeye:

What's with the rapper chains?

Cheers ...
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

OK - It's open.......

Just trying to organise my itinerary for later this year.

OK, we now know its open . . . . . but when is it closing?
    October? November? and then what next?

:blackeye:

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

Re: Snowkat

Quote Originally Posted by luvthai
    If you re-read the original post here it explains the sequence of events. No donations were requested so none collected. I think the whole idea just got out of their control and they did the best they could to make good on the free snacks and drinks. I guess we won't know who actually footed the bill for the evening. I have the feeling Monty carried the evening tho.
    If Bar Owners are publicizing an event on the basis that funds are to be raised for Hearrt 2000, and we can see that there was a board outside this venue announcing that this was the case, then they have a responsibility to ensure that funds are raised. End of story.

There is no getout clause that you were relying on an unreliable customer, there is no getout clause that "nothing was raised, but nothing was lost either".

Something was lost if NO money was raised, which seems to be the assumption of those who were there and have posted here. Credibility for charitable events, and Hearrt 2000 in particular, was lost. The credibility of these events in gay Pattaya is tenuous enough, where what proportion of funds across the counter goes to the respective charities remains generally fudged, without a charity evening where nothing was raised.

Heartt

I am a little surprised that posters here seem to be treating this event as a joke, with an ex bar owner even giving Monty and Billy a "well done" for the evening!

Yes, good point.

Dear Brad,

I ACTUALLY THOUGHT SOME MONEY HAD BEEN RAISED!

Hence the well done!

Obviously, I was premature with my congratulations, if nothng was handed over!

A small point regards Monty, he did help quite a lot of unfortunate people in Sunnee when he was around there, no fuss, just nice, I remember his efforts.