FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: DELETED

Billys Bash & Montys Soft Opening Report

DELETED

Liked

Re: Billys Bash & Montys Soft Opening Report

Quote Originally Posted by John Botting
    in support of Montys soft launch of the newly restyled Montys Enchanted Hut.
    Thanks for the info on Monty's re-opening. Is EH open daily now? Would like to go check it out next week.

dboy

Thanks for the report, John. It sounds like some of Billy's chickens came home to roost and haunt him.

Although this was planned to be a charity event, and Billy was a sponsor, I really think his (Billy's) express consent should be obtained before displaying any of Boxer's pics. I would understand if Billy said no, if at Monty's "bash" the realization of his long-cultured reputation began to sink in.

Since there was no entrance fee, what (if anything) was contributed to Dr.Phillippe?

It's sad, but I think with proper thought this could have been a very successful promotion. Your post, John, on the now hidden-from-view thread about free drinks and snacks with a B200 entrance fee to be donated to Dr. Phillippe would have been well accepted IF it had been earlier, like right after you asked Billy publicly about the event. It wasn't, and from there the comments and dialogue rapidly went downhill. Too bad.

Liked

Thank You Monty & Billy..Nice evening :-)

A Special Thank You to both Monty and Billy for the
    nice evening of entertainment, free food snacks and drinks
    during the soft opening of the NEW Monty's Enchanted Hut.

My Thai friend and I were greeted by Monty and many Expatriate friends
    as we entered Monty's.

The new club is a comfortable venue with sofa and chair comfy seating and
    a center stage risers for music and stage performances.

The sound is also pleasing to me as I could chat with friends and hear them too :-)

The musical trio who perform on stage for Monty are very talented - playing guitar,
    flute, drums, mouth organ and the such...very distinctive and play Thai cultural themes of music
    as well as popular great songs - in English and Thai...very relaxing and enjoyable.

The best of Monty's dance group from his old club are still with Monty doing
    both traditional Thai dances to beautiful Thai music...such beauty - dancers & music :-)

And, the Isaan Music Dancer (Art) who was so popular at Monty's is back...
    he does have some real natural talent, moves which are amazing to watch on stage,
    and of course - his good looks too :-)

Their is a "dark room" in the back of the NEW Monty's Enchanted Hut!
    Check it out...you may like what you find...

Monty's is open from 5:00pm in the afternoon daily - until early morning hours.

For those wishing to see the NEW Monty's Enchanted Hut, here are several photos I took ...
    and Thanks again to Monty and Billy for the invitation to join you in your soft opening party.

As John Botting reported, NO donations were collected...The evening was FREE for all in attendance.

Monty's NEW Enchanted Hut:

The invite to the Party:

The Music Trio...nightly at Monty's:

The Thai Traditional Dancers ...nightly shows at Monty's:

with Monty...

Isaan Singers & Dancers too ....

Our evening's Hosts...Monty & Billy Greet You...

Thank you all for the pleasant evening...I would estimate that 60 Expatriates and their friends attended...
    Good evening - good music - good friends.... Thanks again!

and...friends - I hope to see you again soon at Monty's NEW Enchanted Hut -
    Jomtien Complex - South Pattaya, Jomtien Beach area.

TravelerJim
    Tj

Well, so much for Billy's reputation of being a dwarf! LOL!

Forum's veteran
    Mount Calvary Baptist Church of the Redeemer
    Liked
    Well as I said on Tingtong's, my, what a handsome couple!

Oh, and Billy, did you get the old fella out?
    JESUS LOVES YOU, yes, even you nancies

OK

I am happy to see the evening went off without any problems and that what Billy said held true. Good on ya Billy. Now why do you have to act like such an ass on here? Given the chance we may even like you.

credit

Good,

Well done gents!

Quote Originally Posted by bkk gwm
    Well, so much for Billy's reputation of being a dwarf! LOL!
    Yep, not your stereotypical Aussie surfer or athlete is he? He looks in the photos more like a down-and-out unemployed decorator complete with paint stained, seldom-washed t-shirt ! :geek:

However, that said, good on him and Monty for organizing the event. I wonder how much (if anything) was raised for Dr Philippe ?

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

ALL PROCEEDS TO HEARRT 2000

Thanks TJ for the photos.

They included one of the blackboard outside Monty's, presumably taken along with the others on the night of the event. It says that "All proceeds to Hearrt 2000". This may have encouraged some passers by to attend.

What proceeds were passed on to this charity?