Quick navigation:
List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: The Brave Warriors - from thailicious boys...

Liked

The Brave Warriors - from thailicious boys...

Thailiciousboys has updated their website - September 5th...

"The Brave Warriors" is the featured slide show...Steve posted (owner of thailiciousboys.com)

"Many of the lads IтАЩve met claim to have been Thai boxers. Some claim they still box on a part-time basis.

I do admire these lads for taking on a sport like this, sometimes at a very early age, and without choice,
    with Muay Thai perhaps being regarded as a way to escape poverty, for the few that eventually make it big time.

It is not something "you" would take on lightly and to see these lads display such high levels of courage, determination
    and self-motivated commitment is a humbling experience for most Westerners looking back on themselves at a similar age.

Here is a sneak peek ...Thanks Steve for your great website :-)

http://www.thailiciousboys.com/ .

TravelerJim

Tj

Liked
    I've been to Lumpini stadium a number of times. Price expensive for farangs because the management flatly refuse to allow farangs into the outer (cheaper) circle...they quoted concern for my safety as the excuse.( b.s.) last time when I asked to join the Thai spectators. The razzmatazz, the music, the atmosphere and glamour is unforgettable but it has a dark side.
    As well as being an art form Muay Thai is very severe, especially for the young. I saw a 14 yr. old kid knocked senseless by a back heel kick to the jaw. He was roughly dragged by the feet under the ropes and bundled away out of sight. The bellowing spectators and crazed mentors couldn't have cared less- once he was down he was out of sight and out of mind. This is routine.
    The potential damage to the unprotected head in this type of boxing is appalling especially in the case of the young. There are bound to be many brain damaged boxers and ex-boxers out there. Western style boxing introduced head protection for amature and olympic fighting long ago and this in a sport that only allows fist punching.
    Head protection needs to be introduced for young muay thai warriors at least... and soon. But of course this is Thai business, not farangs'.