Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: suggestion for jomtien from a straight couple

suggestion for jomtien from a straight couple

A married couple friend of ours stayed in VT2 recently and had dinner somewhere in Jomtien

They commented on the wide street, the absence of visitors and that something needed to be done.

I agreed but was surprised to receive an email with their suggestion.

In the early 70's Bugis Street in Singapore was famous around the world for its parade of drag queens,
    tranvestites, ladyboys call them what you want but still prostitutes.

Their suggestion was as the bars cannot afford to hire many boys/ladyboys they encourage freelancers to
    parade themselves[for hire] of course but without off fee. The street tables and chairs are very suitable for watching the passing parade

In Singapore they appeared just before midnight and paraded for around 30 minutes. The tables were full up to an hour before show time.

No pay, but maybe some food and drinks for favourites and amplified music to encourage a show. Best looking or those with personality could earn some good tips

Ok it is just an idea, but more positive than most of the posts re Jomtien that have been posted here.

Some advantages for the complainers , is that no cabaret or go go could mean cheaper prices for drinks and no off fee required.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Boogie Street !!

I remember it well ( it was pronounced Boogie..get on down !)but it was more a spontaneous event that built up over the years as in many cities where those who aren't in the so-called 'mainstream' of society, congregate.

But it's demise was due to the dictatorial Lee Quan whatisname who we are all meant to sanctify because he turned his personal fiefdom into a capitalist paradise where you can eat of the streets. Personally I find Singapore the most un-godly and boring spot on the planet ( perhaps Baghdad may be more un-inviting) and we are supposed to whoop for joy at it's pristine but dull streets and mind numbing "duty free shopping" ( do we actually any more wretched consumer rubbish ?)

Isn't Pattaya really one giant Boogie Street ??...but if it happened in Jomtien it would be fun.
    I'm only a light drinker. When it's daylight I drink.

Liked
    Mr Booze, I think it would be fabulous as well,

Wes
    All the Best!

Wes

I don't think Jomtien Plaza will ever be as busy as Walking Street, Boys Town or Sunee. Freelancers aren't going to hang about if there are no customers. The Ladyboys are already busy trolling Walking Street and Beach Road. Why should they move to Jomtien?

I don't know what the answer is for Jomtien but I do know one thing- Gays should NEVER, EVER take advice from Straight couples!

Quote Originally Posted by kenc
    Gays should NEVER, EVER take advice from Straight couples!
    ... who are really just after what they conceive as a freak show

Quote Originally Posted by kenc
    I don't know what the answer is for Jomtien but I do know one thing- Gays should NEVER, EVER take advice from Straight couples!
    After reading a lot of this shit that is posted on this forum, I doubt if I would take business advice from gay men or couples either.

They are a professional couple I have known for over 30 years. Hopefully we can get this thread back on topic.

They completely understand they are prostitutes, but looking for gay male or bi men. Those seeking straight men will continue to troll along Beach Road.

Freak Show

I'm afraid I agree with Homie. I happen to believe that transsexual and transgendered people deserve better than to be treated as freaks in a zoo.

Liked

Re: suggestion for jomtien from a straight couple

Quote Originally Posted by asianad
    In the early 70's Bugis Street in Singapore was famous around the world for its parade of drag queens,
    tranvestites, ladyboys call them what you want but still prostitutes.

Their suggestion was as the bars cannot afford to hire many boys/ladyboys they encourage freelancers to
    parade themselves[for hire] of course but without off fee. The street tables and chairs are very suitable for watching the passing parade

I would prefer to see ladyboys clothed rather than see them mince around in gay bar with their tiny tits

starting to sprout.

All of a sudden ladyboys have become freaks to Homi old chap.

But the chics with dicks or cocks in frocks attracts many on this board.

Forget the trannies just keep it to lady boys in their finest . They are still prostitutes.

After all Montys was more lady boy than masculine hunks.
    Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

Forum's veteran
    Liked: 1
    Is it "Throw stones at prostitutes" week? Jeez guys, give 'em a break.

Ah!!! Boogie Street - remember it well and a favourite haunt after a night out on the sauce :drunken: !! A little restaurant called Zam Zams did the best chicken curry in town (although rumour had it that some of the 'chicken legs' came from the domestic four-legged variety !!)

As for drag queens - didn't see many parading there in my time (1958- 1961) but it was a well-known cruising area for the Singaporean money-boys :cheese: