Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Smokers everywhere

Smokers everywhere

what is it with civilised people (so-called) from health-aware countries (so-called) coming over here (thailand / asia) and chain-smoking their way through every bar, club and restaurant - to the detriment and utter disgust of non-smokers? i just returned from a vist\it to the sauna / spa and EVERYONE bar myself were chain-smoking their way through the afternoon and early evening. not only cigarrettes, but cigars. there were 2 german guys who could not hold their trap or refrain from smoking for a single minute, much to the delight of myself, for whom they totally fucked up the experience.
    i can understand that locals smoke for want of education on health and the like, but fat old western bums should really know better by now!
    i am currently staying in a wonderful little accommo place, with the only drawback being that i have got a smoking pig on my floor, with the result that the gap in the door (frames) permits smoke to permeate through the entire floor at all hours of the night. when do these people actuallty STOP for a pause in their ADDICTION?

Re: Smokers everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by tanga
    what is it with civilised people (so-called) from health-aware countries (so-called) coming over here (thailand / asia) and chain-smoking their way through every bar, club and restaurant - to the detriment and utter disgust of non-smokers? i just returned from a vist\it to the sauna / spa and EVERYONE bar myself were chain-smoking their way through the afternoon and early evening. not only cigarrettes, but cigars. there were 2 german guys who could not hold their trap or refrain from smoking for a single minute, much to the delight of myself, for whom they totally fucked up the experience.
    i can understand that locals smoke for want of education on health and the like, but fat old western bums should really know better by now!
    i am currently staying in a wonderful little accommo place, with the only drawback being that i have got a smoking pig on my floor, with the result that the gap in the door (frames) permits smoke to permeate through the entire floor at all hours of the night. when do these people actuallty STOP for a pause in their ADDICTION?
    Forget it. Excessive smoking will never end here. The previous regime tried. For about a month during their "social order crusade" it was like ashtrays were flying through the air on and off the tables at restaurants, pubs, bars, discos, etc. Eventually it all calmed down. Obviously, but I can't vouch for this, there was the institution of the "smoking permit" which settled things.

I've had Brits reach across the bar on which I was eating good food and very partially dip their butt "out" and leave it in the ashtray there in my face smoking up a storm and when I complained to him he "disdained" my beligerance and didn't even apologize. I've gotten into crowded hotel elevators while chinese kept smoking their cigars all the way up.

Still, overall, believe it or not, smoking levels are much better now than over the decade and more that I have been here, and I do appreciate that effect. It was much worse.

Self Hatred

I smoked three packs a day for 25 years...and stopped smoking 20 years ago. My honest opinion is that most educated adults that are fully aware of the consequences of their continued smoking are unhappy people with low self esteem and an attitude that says life is of little value because I am so miserable. I know that is how I felt during the time I was smoking. Once I fully came out of the closet and turned my attitude about life around I could not stop smoking soon enough.

the smoking police r in thailand too?

I thought it was bad in blighty for anti smokin, and was lookin forward to going on holiday free from those sodding wingin non smokers...for god sake get a life and get a smoke free hotel and bar otherwise come to the uk for your hols..its practicly illegal here
    trip

another perspective

quote by the comedian Chris Rock...
    Alcohol! Tastes great, I love it, you love it, we all love it. KILLS muthafuckas every single day. Some of y'all won't even make it home tonight 'cause of alcohol. You'll be like "Oh that Chris Rock sure is funny, Oh! SHIT!" But it's alright cause it's all white. Cigarettes! Cigarettes the most dangerous product known to man. Kills muthafuckas every single day. Cigarettes so dangerous it kills muthafuckas that don't smoke. Thats how dangerous cigarettes are. Thats right, first hand smoke, second hand smoke. People talking out of their necks into a fucking machine like "Hey whats up man, I love cigarettes this shit is kool." But it's alright cause it's all white. Shit could you imagine if the Phillip Morris family was a bunch of jheri-curled niggas from Mississippi? Do you know how illegal a pack of cigarettes would be. You would get sixty years just for a pack of Newports. But it's alright cause it's all white.

Liked

Re: another perspective

Quote Originally Posted by kcurterifshit
    But it's alright cause it's all white. Shit could you imagine if the Phillip Morris family was a bunch of jheri-curled niggas from Mississippi? Do you know how illegal a pack of cigarettes would be. You would get sixty years just for a pack of Newports. But it's alright cause it's all white.
    Sounds like you have a racial problem, maybe the Col. Can help when he tells his friend about you. I am sure it would not matter now if you are black or white. 30 or 40 years ago yes.... Times... they do change and people with it. I guess you were left in the stone age!

Wesley
    All the Best!

Wes

the quote is by the comedian Chris Rock

Forum's veteran
    Liked: 1
    It seems we have stayed from the point of ... smoking.

I was smoking the last time I was in LoS but have always been, what I term, a considerate smoker. However, as has been pointed out, there's smoke free floors in hotels and perhaps outdoor bars might suit some better.

The fact remains there will always been smoker everywhere you go. Anyone been to France lately? Yikes! There's some serious puffers.

I have now given up the gaspers but I don't decry anyone else for smoking. I hope they can give up but until then ... each individual has a choice ... stay or leave or find another seat. We all just have to be aware before we go out that there WILL be smokers at every venue. Either deal with it or stay home.

Once everyone stops smoking you will be able to smell the car fumes and other lethal pollutants much better! ( if you survive drinking yourself to death or heart disease from fatty foods)

Smokers like peanut butter get a bad rap!

no, wx40afp, it's not first fatties, then smokers, its BOTH, AND it is YOU. wherever YOU are i do not wish to be. whinger about everything.