List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Senator Craig Bathroom Tapes ...

Liked

The Senator Craig Bathroom Tapes ...

http://edition.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/08 ... ig.arrest/

I sure wish H.L. Mencken was still alive to hear this stuff.
    Hear Senator Craig on reaching into the next stall for .... um, toilet paper :cheers:

Cheers ...
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked
    Thanks for posting this. I thought it was very clever for the cop to repeat "embarassing, embarassing" over and over again to reinforce that in Craigs mind, to lead him to a guilty plea. Cops are devious fuckers. Keith Olbermann showed a re-enactment that was created using the police report..available online: http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/au ... ermann.htm

Why is it ok to go looking for sex in bars but not in restrooms? Just asking.

Dboy

Forum's veteran
    Mount Calvary Baptist Church of the Redeemer
    Liked
    Well I've just seen Senator Craig release a public announcement of apology to the American people, on the David Letterman show. Watch!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j213ZJxPeMs
    JESUS LOVES YOU, yes, even you nancies

Liked

The other side of the coin ...

You know, all of America is having a lot of fun with this bizarre twisty story (including threads like this one). Now all sorts of satirical spoofs and skits will start popping up on YouTube etc etc etc. The Gay Police start showing up as talking heads n TV wailing over geriatric closet cases and looking Very Serious about hypocritical right wing gay dudes.

I really hope that Mr Craig does not commit suicide over this outpoaring of ridicule. Nothing to do with the act or embarrasing situation itself, or the guilty plea, or the hokey news conference. But this niagara falls of laughter might . . . (well, I just hope not).

Cheers ...
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked
    I agree, based on his voting record he was about as Anti-Gay as they come. and if the news is right he is expected to resign today. I think, the sooner the better, he is a hypocrite if I have ever seen one.

Wesley
    All the Best!

Wes

Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by Wesley
    I agree, based on his voting record he was about as Anti-Gay as they come. and if the news is right he is expected to resign today. I think, the sooner the better, he is a hypocrite if I have ever seen one.

Wesley

This is what happens when you make a deal with the devil (the religious right). I imagine that most Republicans have no problem with gay people or gay life but the religious extremists require it. The best solution is to start dealing honestly (for once) and stop pandering to the christians. I'm afraid that in the short-term at least, this will make the republicans more closeted than ever, especially the older generation.

Dboy

CNN: Senator Craig quits Sept. 03, 2007

Senator Craig is quitting up his seat on Sept. 30, 2007.

While fightig against homosexuality and gay rights, since 1980 his frequent vists on certain public toilets in Washington D.C. where well known. Probably he was just personally undertaking field studies ....

Liked

Sen Craig

I went to college in a small Washington State town on the Idaho State Border. There were rumors around back in the mid 80's about Congressman Craig's (now Sen. Craig) sexual preferences.

I sort of feel sorry for the guy. If he is gay (I presume he is gay), then I suspect he has been struggling for a long time with a homosexual identity. If that identity is in conflict with other identities or values there is the potential for serious emotional conflict.

He is still a hypocrite but I suspect a very emotionally conflicted one.

I think it is sad that the guy gets run out of the US Senate for cruising a bathroom and many of his fellow Senators have done much worse and not been forced out of office. An example of a double standard I suspect. Or as Edwin Edwards the ex governor of Louisiana once said, The only way I could not be reelected is to be found in bed with a dead girl or a live boy.

DELETED

Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Cutter
    It's not being gay (or bi), or cruising toilets that did him in.

What did him in is that he was one of the most rabid anti-gay voters in the Senate. He deserves to die alone and shunned.
    He just resigned here about 12:30 eastern time, effective September 30. It was with hoops and yells from his former constituents, I assume it was Democrats or Gays that were ready to see him go. People were holding signs that read he is not gay he is a pervert. So the gay community was definitely out there to see him go.

Wesley
    All the Best!

Wes