List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Brand new Gay Hotel, where to put it?

Some gave up already ...

I have been around recently to show some friends from BKK several properties I knew who are both in good locations and are available at a reasonable price. All with good options business wise – gay or straight.

They gave up on Pattaya.

They bought later against my advice a large plot of land near the beach but having thought about this deal again, this plot is already split and partly sold, some parts even at a loss.

I think somewhere in between Day night and Jomtian would be a great location.

I think also somewhere with a pool is a big plus.

The old Icon ??

Quote Originally Posted by SIn City Queen
    I think somewhere in between Day night and Jomtian would be a great location.

I think also somewhere with a pool is a big plus.
    It didn't work properly ...

Liked
    I think Sansuk guesthouse is already ytying to cater for people who want a "country" style break - so i reckon South Pattaya is still the place...

How about buying the Serene - gutting it - and redeveloping it as Boystowns 3rd hotel?

Other location... In that new complex bwtween Koenig Hotel on Soi VC and 3rd road -where Ole restaurant is located... It used to be the Sunnee Volleyball court when i first started visiting Pattaya

Happy Boys is already there as is T&T, Old Montys B&B, and new Late Coyote Bar (name unknown to me) etc
    I think there is a hotel there already - maybe waiting for injection of the right ideas!

Or my Favourite idea - Buy the Welcome Plaza!
    It already has a huge gay following (possibly has more customers per night than Ambiance and LCR put together?)
    Its already has the pool, gardens, location, Parking, decent rooms, restaurant, decent lobby etc

It could be done up floor-by-floor (like the Pinnacle) and ultimately become the best gay hotel... in The World??
    Buffalo me die! Send Money!

Liked
    I'm still looking for a place like the old Homex Inn. One year I stayed for couple of weeks at the On Hill House...across the road from Mr. Macs towards Jomtien. Not a big pool but very secluded and beautiful and there was a dance hall connect to the hotel.

Forum's veteran
    Mount Calvary Baptist Church of the Redeemer
    Liked
    Well I haven't waded my way through every post in this thread, (so my apologies if this had already been said) but I thought location would be the singular most important thing for the homosexual traveler when visiting Pattaya. As you're catering to a Gay crowd, and let's face it, they're not exactly traveling to Pattaya to take in it's culture and historical sites now are they, whatever gets ancient queers to as many gay bars, clubs, the beach and other gay venues (and shopping) with the minimum of fuss and bother would be the best. At least within walking distance to one of the main gay venues, and a short baht bus ride to the others.
    JESUS LOVES YOU, yes, even you nancies

Forum's veteran
    Liked

look for premises already operating

and wishing to sell up..South Pattaya.

Lifts-swimming pool etc..a mini Dudit Resort. A grand Entrance...the lot.

Forget Jomtien Beach.

Few get it right when it's so easy.
    I'm only a light drinker. When it's daylight I drink.

Quote Originally Posted by Aunty
    Well I haven't waded my way through every post in this thread, (so my apologies if this had already been said) but I thought location would be the singular most important thing for the homosexual traveler when visiting Pattaya. As you're catering to a Gay crowd, and let's face it, they're not exactly traveling to Pattaya to take in it's culture and historical sites now are they, whatever gets ancient queers to as many gay bars, clubs, the beach and other gay venues (and shopping) with the minimum of fuss and bother would be the best. At least within walking distance to one of the main gay venues, and a short baht bus ride to the others.
    Hi Aunty,

You are definitely on the tried and trusted Location theory, which can never be denied. So, you are really saying Boyztown or Jomtien, or at least very near to these areas.

Pattayamale,

Regards the location you suggested, they want to sell all six Rai in one parcel.

They do not wish to split and they want.........30 million PER RAI. They must be carried away with the heat! Although I thought that area had half a chance, good accessibilty to all areas.

30 million a Rai

maybe if you can get another investor, some very wealthy gay guys now in Pattaya, you could put together a great gay complex by having 10 or so really upscale condos (12 - 15 million baht each) in one area then an upscale or midrange hotel with gardens, pool and public entertainment area. Each room in hotel can come with an electric tuk tuk and driver/butler.

Not everyone wants to be own on the beach. Many want some type of privacy. Large condos projects (many units) are very public. Parking, traffic, etc. I'd rather be in the "center" of town in a park type area.....

Re: 30 million a Rai

DELETED