List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: La Cage Bar staff now cruising the beach !!!!!!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Ned Kelly ?

How appropriate that he should pop in to comment on Aussie dress sense !

Contrary to popular beliefs history shows the Kelly Gang were all found to be wearing big old Grandma type dresses when they shot it out in their cabin..and were all found dead in each ether's arms.

As for Ned's iron outfit..just look at it..like a long smock type dress with a large picture hat-admittedly made of metal..but certainly perfect to wear to the picnic races.

Mind you they were Irish .

The Brits were "lashed" all the way across the sea but only because their jailers knew they love a bit of S&M.
    I'm only a light drinker. When it's daylight I drink.

Liked

Re: What do Australians speak.

Quote Originally Posted by 555
    It's called 'strine. It's the sound of cockney bread snatchers making themselves heard over the sound of rough seas and the lash.

If it hadn't been for the pommes and canucks in the 1940's, of course, they'd all be speaking Japanese - badly.
    Don't know your pacific history very well. Where were the Poms in the Japanese war in the Pacific

To quote Field Marshall Sir William Slim excellent book Defeat into Victory

"Australian troops had, at Milne Bay, inflicted on the Japanese their first undoubted defeat on land.

Some of us may forget that, of all the allies, it was the Australians who first broke the invincibility of the Japanese army".

For more http://www.diggerhistory.info/pages-bat ... ne_bay.htm

I know their was a division of the British Army in India and I think a division of the Indian Army, in Burma for the withdrawal into India in 42.

Also there were many British units over run [and Australian as well ] in the fall of Singapore. Maybe Brits were part of Slims force in the 3 battles of the Arakan in 43/44. They were certainly part of the British fourteenth Army and took part in the invasion of Burma and the race for Rangoon. This was several years later.

Australian troops inflicted the first defeat on Japanese land forces at Milne Bay 26 Aug 42. Certainly they used New Guinea natives as bearers on the Kokoda trail but so did the Japanese
    Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

Liked

It's called 'strine. It's the sound of cockney bread snatchers making themselves heard over the sound of rough seas and the lash.

If it hadn't been for the pommes and canucks in the 1940's, of course, they'd all be speaking Japanese - badly.
    Don't know your pacific history very well. Where were the Poms in the Japanese war in the Pacific

To quote Field Marshall Sir William Slim excellent book Defeat into Victory

"Australian troops had, at Milne Bay, inflicted on the Japanese their first undoubted defeat on land.

Some of us may forget that, of all the allies, it was the Australians who first broke the invincibility of the Japanese army".

For more http://www.diggerhistory.info/pages-bat ... ne_bay.htm

I know there was a division of the "British Army in India" and I think a division of the Indian Army, in Burma for the withdrawal into India in 42.

Also there were many British units over run [and Australian as well ] in the fall of Singapore. Maybe Brits were part of Slims force in the 3 battles of the Arakan in 43/44. They were certainly a big part of the British fourteenth Army and took part in the invasion of Burma and the race for Rangoon. This was several years later.

Australian troops inflicted the first defeat on Japanese land forces at Milne Bay 26 Aug 42. Certainly they used New Guinea natives as bearers on the Kokoda trail but so did the Japanese

Forum's veteran
    Mount Calvary Baptist Church of the Redeemer
    Liked

Re: La Cage Bar staff now cruising the beach !!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wx40afp
    That British owner drops his newspaper everytime he sees me and shouts out "Right mett,your Fookin outta here Laddy,no fookin Kangaroos from the Land Downunder allowed in ere"!!!
    Why Bill that's absolutely outrageous! I'm not surprised you are totally shocked, sickened at such an egregious and profound insult. No fookin kangaroos allowed indeed! Didn't you tell him you're not a roo mate??? You should of stood up to him and told in in no uncertain terms you're not a fucken kangaroo, you're a flamin galah!
    JESUS LOVES YOU, yes, even you nancies

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Well to be historically correct, that should read if it hadn't been for the Americans they'd all be speaking Japanese. The Canadians had little to do with the war in the Pacific confining their operations to the fight against Germany in Europe. And of course the British weren't actually that helpful either, suffering their largest military defeat in all of British history at the hands of the Japanese in the fall of Malaya and Singapore. (Including a staggering number of Australian POW caught up in the fiasco) Even the Battleship the Prince of Wales was sunk! One strongly suspects the British were lead by officers' who had all the gifts exhibited by the board's own resident Asia expert and British military genius, Col. Beryl Plonker-Dunce. uso.

After the fall of Singapore and Hong Kong, there was no effective British military capability east of Suez!

Australia was on its own, and it was the Americans to the rescue, and of course the Australians rushing troops up north to PNG and the islands themselves. It should not be underestimated the role the Australians played in fighting the till then, unbeaten and victorious Japanese to a stand still in PNG, in weakening Japanese forces and eventually bringing about her defeat.

Don't forget most of Australia's troops at this time were in North Africa and the Mediterranean fighting the Germans, and it was only by some very fast talking by Churchill that persuaded the Australian cabinet to keep their troops in that theater and not bring them home to defend Australia from the Japanese onslaught. It is not widely known (it was generally suppressed for the morale of the war effort (propaganda) during the war but the northern Australian cities and towns closest to occupied Indonesia were repeatedly bombed by the Japanese for several years during the war with the loss of considerable Australian civilian life, and damage to property. The US and Canada were never bombed by the way.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Aunty
    Australia was on its own, and it was the Americans to the rescue, and of course the Australians rushing troops up north to PNG and the islands themselves. It should not be underestimated the role the Australians played in fighting the till then, unbeaten and victorious Japanese to a stand still in PNG, in weakening Japanese forces and eventually bringing about her defeat.

Don't forget most of Australia's troops at this time were in North Africa and the Mediterranean fighting the Germans, and it was only by some very fast talking by Churchill that persuaded the Australian cabinet to keep their troops in that theater and not bring them home to defend Australia from the Japanese onslaught. It is not widely known (it was generally suppressed for the morale of the war effort (propaganda) during the war but the northern Australian cities and towns closest to occupied Indonesia were repeatedly bombed by the Japanese for several years during the war with the loss of considerable Australian civilian life, and damage to property. The US and Canada were never bombed by the way.
    I had no intention in of minimizing the huge US Military effort in the Pacific. Churchill wanted two Australian divisions diverted to Burma, [what a disaster] but Prime Minister Curtain would not have a bar of that.

Quote http://www.awm.gov.au/atwar/ww2.htm
    After being relieved at Tobruk, the 6th and 7th Divisions Divisions departed from the Mediterranean theatre for the war against Japan The 9th Division remained to play an important role in the Allied victory at El Alamein in October 1942 before it also left for the Pacific. By the end of 1942 the only Australians remaining in the Mediterranean theatre were airmen serving either with 3 Squadron, Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF) or in the Royal Air Force (RAF).

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by lonelywombat
    I had no intention in of minimizing the huge US Military effort in the Pacific. Churchill wanted two Australian divisions diverted to Burma, [what a disaster] but Prime Minister Curtain would not have a bar of that.

Quote http://www.awm.gov.au/atwar/ww2.htm
    After being relieved at Tobruk, the 6th and 7th Divisions Divisions departed from the Mediterranean theatre for the war against Japan The 9th Division remained to play an important role in the Allied victory at El Alamein in October 1942 before it also left for the Pacific. By the end of 1942 the only Australians remaining in the Mediterranean theatre were airmen serving either with 3 Squadron, Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF) or in the Royal Air Force (RAF).
    Thanks for that link lonelywombat. I wasn't aware that Australia pulled all of it's ground forces out of the Mediterranean theater by the end of 42. I did know that the Aussie Govt. came under enormous pressure from its own people to pull them out at the beginning of 42 when the Japanese swept down the Malay peninsular and took Singapore and the Dutch East Indies and Oz certainly seemed next; there was nothing up there to stop them! I suppose if the US had not of given that assurance to protect Australia the events at El Alamein may have turned out very differently?? New Zealand's ground forces,in case you were wondering, remained in North Africa to eventually invade Italy and fight the Germans all the way up the Italian peninsular until the end of the war.

Forum's veteran
    Liked
    aaaaaaaaah,AUNTY? Sorry to interrupt. Is the Party still on in LA CAGE next Monday night ? I didnt know if you had forgotten about it?
    Ahhhh shud up ya mad cunt! Anyway, when do you go back to Australia?

Well the point is,when are you coming to Thailand AUNTY?
    I really wanna do the chickendance with you inside LA CAGE BAR next Monday night ,hands on ya hips,and move that long neck back and forth,

We can get chucked out together,even WESLEYS gonna be coming,who else is will be going to the beach party at LA CAGE on Monday night?
    Wesley has just gone home you bloody liar!!

I'll come, I am bored up here now, fed up of watching them all work on the new house!