Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Embassy Hotel/Short time rooms

Liked

Embassy Hotel/Short time rooms

Currently planing my next holidays I think of booking Embassy hotel but can not find it on the web. Any information to share? As a "Newbe" I came to Solid bar this spring and was surprised about the short time room. No sheet on the bed , just "plastic", maybe I am a little naive but I expected more for 300B. Is this usual, what about other bars? BTW The bar is ok, nice boys and Mamasan as well

Wow!
    They had plastic.
    Thanks for the tip. I'm there ...

I'd rather have wipeable/semi-hygenic plastic than week old sheets.....think about it!

Re: Embassy Hotel/Short time rooms

Quote Originally Posted by searcher
    Currently planing my next holidays I think of booking Embassy hotel but can not find it on the web. Any information to share? As a "Newbe" I came to Solid bar this spring and was surprised about the short time room. No sheet on the bed , just "plastic", maybe I am a little naive but I expected more for 300B. Is this usual, what about other bars? BTW The bar is ok, nice boys and Mamasan as well
    WHY in hell would you want to stay there......Book yourself a room at Tarntawan Place Hotel, enjoy your holiday in clean, safe surrounds.
    And while I'm at it...you "expected more for 300 BHT".......wake up newbie! My dear friend Lek is the mamasan at solid bar...honest as the day is long (well, on short days :drunken: )
    Get yourself a decent lodging, stop skimping in the wrong places and have a ball (or two.)

If all you want is a short time room in Bangkok use the Suriwongee just a short walk from the bar areas. Why take the chance of being caught in a room over the bar if it is raided?

Quote Originally Posted by luvthai
    If all you want is a short time room in Bangkok use the Suriwongee just a short walk from the bar areas. Why take the chance of being caught in a room over the bar if it is raided?

luvthai,

Suriwongse is not the "Ritz" either, is it!

Ground floor ...

Quote Originally Posted by kquill

luvthai,

Kevin,

I might think that the previous comment (luvthai) was more referring to the eight or so short time rooms at ground floor of the tatty Suriwongse Hotel. The rooms are fairly runned down, but can be fun (due to mirrors around etc.). The sometimes a bit pushy bell boy, positioned outside at car park, is managing the rooms. (Yes, I know, I am a naughty boy otherwise I wouldn’t know all about this…)

Rooms at the Banava Caf├й near Jim Thompsons are a lot better. Same price, friendly service. Sometimes the smell of cheap perfume can be a little bit disturbing.

The best option for short time is the Heaven Sauna at Warner Building, Silom Soi 36. Clean, safe, hassle free, inexpensive. Is there anything else you can ask for?

Re: Ground floor ...

Quote Originally Posted by ttom
    Quote Originally Posted by kquill

luvthai,

Kevin,

I might think that the previous comment (luvthai) was more referring to the eight or so short time rooms at ground floor of the tatty Suriwongse Hotel. The rooms are fairly runned down, but can be fun (due to mirrors around etc.). The sometimes a bit pushy bell boy, positioned outside at car park, is managing the rooms. (Yes, I know, I am a naughty boy otherwise I wouldnтАЩt know all about thisтАж)

ttom,

Even better, buy a condo in the Big Mango, you can put your own "smellies" and stamp on the place without fear of complaint!!!

Rooms at the Banava Caf├й near Jim Thompsons are a lot better. Same price, friendly service. Sometimes the smell of cheap perfume can be a little bit disturbing.

The best option for short time is the Heaven Sauna at Warner Building, Silom Soi 36. Clean, safe, hassle free, inexpensive. Is there anything else you can ask for?