Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: China Airline Accident

Re: BuGger

Quote Originally Posted by homintern
    Sen Yai has decided that you are a former poster boygeenyus, reincarnated.
    My thought also. Same obnoxious and combative attitude :cheers:

Re: BuGger

Quote Originally Posted by homintern
    Sen Yai has decided that you are a former poster boygeenyus, reincarnated.
    My thought also. Same obnoxious and combative attitude :cheers:

horrible..........I doubt I will use its service again :blackeye:

I was a bit uncomfortable to read the news story, as I flew China Airlines -- TODAY -- on a flight TPE to BKK that departed one hour after the one that burnt/blew-up in Okinawa.

Liked
    Off topic for China Airlines, but on topic for air crashes in general . . . this is one of the statistics I like: " ... The (Boeing) 777 has not had any fatal events ... " ( http://www.airsafe.com/events/models/b777.htm ).

I guess one could counter that the 777's "time is due" for bad things to happen, but the 777 has been around since the mid 1990's, it has been a huge seller for Boeing and lots are up there winging through the sky quite safely it seems.

My upcoming flights to Thailand (November) and Australia (March) are with UAL and Singapore, and although there were many reasons to pick the flight times, one of them was the fact that on my choices included the 777 on both. I'm not superstitious about this ~ generally I fly what I get ~ but I'm always slightly more pleased when the 777 number comes up on the ticket.

Cheers ...
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Check out the attached site.
    Probability of a crash with any reasonably competent airline are about 1 in 8 million.

Look who's bottom of the list....... don't fly with them.

http://www.planecrashinfo.com/rates.htm

Liked
    Thanks for that link. I enjoyed this comment from there: " . . . If a passenger boarded a flight at random, once a day, everyday, it would be approximately 22,000 years before he or she would be killed . . . ".

So, it's a certainty :blackeye: :blackeye: ... like everything else, sooner or later.

Cheers ...
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

I work for Boeing, and I have access to daily reports that include all the "Near misses" and mechanical problems that you won't see in the press. Trust me, I will not fly China or Korean.

Other reasons not to fly

Quote Originally Posted by z909
    Check out the attached site.
    Probability of a crash with any reasonably competent airline are about 1 in 8 million.

Look who's bottom of the list....... don't fly with them.

http://www.planecrashinfo.com/rates.htm
    Yes, a very good site.
    Even though....your chances of dying from crossing the streets in Thailand are a hell of a lot higher than flying China Airlines.

I've flown with them before and found it kind of dumpy even though it was cheap. Even the stewadesses were a bit on the frumpy side. You get what you pay for. I fly Cathay Pacific and find it's a lot classier all around, even if it is more expensive. The quality of my expierience is determining my choice of airline.

You can play the odds in life, but when your number is up, your number is up.
    And none of us knows when that is.