Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Sunee Plaza/Pattayaland Soi 1 -Police check Friday night

Liked

Pattaya People reports 11 drug tests positive/16 NO ID card

Pattaya People Newspaper reports on riday night raid!

Police Raid Night Entertainment Venues

http://www.pattayapeople.com/default.as ... ticle=7139 .

"A group of police officers were ordered to go around Pattaya to make strict inspections of entertainment venues in the night of Friday 17th August

The first area that the team decided to go to was the famous Soi Sunee, in South Pattaya, where many reports have come through to the police that in some bars there are illegal activities going on; some venues allow under aged children in, which is against the law.

From an inspection of 200 people in Soi Sunee, the police found that 184 had their identification cards on them and 16 people did not carry their ID cards, also 11 peopleтАЩs urine tests proved positive that they had just taken drugs. They were all taken to the police station and charged accordingly.

News stories placed on this website are short versions. If you would like the full story, please read the Pattaya People Weekly newspaper."

TJ
    Tj

Naivete

No one is fooled by expats, who troll the neighborhoods of Pattaya, being disingenuous to suggest that they are surprised by these raids.

The other possibility is the need for evaluation of geriatric function scales.

Sunee Plaza raid ...
    "What else is new? Believe it or not, this was the first time I have ever personally witnessed
    one of these raids. After seeing for myself the way this whole thing happened, now it would be
    awfully difficult to convince me that these raids are anything more than meaningless publicity stunts.
    AMEN!!!!!!

Amazing...this sounds exactly like the raid in May. I stayed and watched the whole show close up. The street urchin were long gone before the police arrived. The police were friendly and jovial, the boys were joking as they pissed in the bottles and then placed them on the pool table at Corner Bar. The police gave a two hour "heads up" to all the clubs and the only surprise is that some of the boys didn't have their IDs with them, and a few, who were on drugs, were too dumb to leave the plaza.

And yes, the Police are not stupid. They know how to live a middle to upper middle class lifestyle while earning a poverty wage.

But what is most amazing are the number of posters, here and elsewhere, than constantly post about what a terrible sinful place Sunee is, but are, none the less, there most every night..or better yet the ones who never go to Sunee but still feel as if they have a right to an opinion about something that they only have second hand information about.

The raids are all about increasing police income ,and to a lesser degree about positive publicity to prove that the police are working hard.

Liked
    from the same issue of Pattaya Mail quoted above:

"Tourist Police descended on Pattaya Beach in the early hours of August 3 to round up the prostitutes and transvestites who have been annoying and embarrassing tourists by openly soliciting sex from beneath the palm trees and thereby sullying PattayaтАЩs reputation."

Sullying Pattaya's reputation????? That IS Pattaya's reputation!

Re: More info ....from Mrs. Bucket (of Topman)

Posted on Ting&Tongs Gay Thailand by Mrs Bucket (of Topman)

http://www.gaytingtong.com/topic1740.ht ... 74543a749a

Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2007

Post subject: Sunee Plaza Raids

Tonight at around 11p.m. local time Police from Bangkok, Chonburi & Pattaya raided Sunee Plaza.

All exits were sealed off and ALL Boys were taken from ALL Bars for drugs tests.

Sunee Plaza business suffers again.

Anyone have any further info.
    Fact is that only 11 real Pattaya Police officers followed the chief of the district. The rest were Volunteers from Banglamung. Just some Thais playing police in their Uniforms. No Police from Bangkok or Chonburi. Also the matter of fact was that they the beer and go go bar boys/staff have to pee to check them for Ya Baa or other drugs. Fact is, that they arrest some Managers in the Area, because some Boys checked positive. Fact is that the chief of the district wanted, that the Managers sign a prepared Statement that the have in the Bar Ya Baa Party's and the Managers gave them the drugs. Fact is that some of the Managers released on Bail (50000 Baht)6:30 in the morning. Fact is that the chief of the district want to proof his existence, because he is under surveillance from the governor for taking bribes. Fact is that the Pattaya police officers helped the chief of the district, but they didn't like it. The chief of the district want to give them selves a warm shower for his innocence and good Publicity. Beware the country of smile have many eyes.

Me too

Sunnee is a haven for the Yaa Baa boys, the runaways, the underage, the thieves and those on the run from the law for one reason or another.

I go there, I visit David at Come Inn, Erich at Don Plaza,Peter at Krazy Dragon but I am usually well alert to what is going on, never kid myself it is something different, and don't get taken in by the 101 scams that are usually going on there simultaneously. ..................KQuill

The number of police officers involved in this raid was amazing.
    Meanwhile, you know what it would take to clean up Sunee Plaza?
    Just two or three uniformed police officers stationed at Sunee Plaza, continually strolling through.
    I doubt it will ever happen. The bars would all be raising holy hell if that ever happened.
    It would scare off too many customers.....Traveler Jim

I think if you combine these 2 posts you have the problem and solution. IF there would be uniformed security that would enforce keeping the underage runaways out of the small area of Sunee, it would be a good step forward.

I was there last night and 2 different bars owners said the same thing. The City does not really listen to them when they ask for help with the underage street kids. Many owners in Sunee want the same thing as many customers which is to get the street kids out of this adult entertainment area.

I don't think security would scare off customers, which differs from Traveler Jim's view. I believe that more people would come to the area. It is cheaper and more variety from other areas. Boys,Boys, Boys has had a uniformed security guard for many years. He does a good job. I give him a tip every once in a while because I appreciate his service.

Even though this does not "solve" everyones concern it would be a good start.

Yes, there are those that say not all the owners agree. BUT all the owners want to make money. Raids that take all there staff including waiters and cashiers away from their business is not helpful. All of those I know who go to Sunee enjoy it for the reasons KQuill suggests...........and would be VERY HAPPY if the underage street kids would not be allowed into this privately owned area which consists of just a few sois of adult entertainment. I believe there are a few strong owners that could get the area under control WITHOUT police, but using private security, if they had the desire and saw profits increase.

You wouldn't need a patrolling policeman, all you need is to put a police box at each entrance and let them monitor you enters. Once you enter the area you would no longer be under the prying eyes and would feel free to do what you normally would do. the key is to stop the boys from entering. The down side is that there are quite a few familes living in the area and they should have the freedom to live without the scruitney.

correct

Dear Pattayamale,

I believe you are correct and would think private security and a street committee would, for sure work.

My reasons:

If the Police come and monitor the situation, it will be for their reasons only, and which Foreigner over there is going to risk the fury or wrath of the local Police??

You would be very unwise to do such a thing or tell them they are not doing their job correctly!

A private security firm, which would not be a lot of money shared between all businesses,you can tell them exactly what you need, require and what is expected. They could enforce these rules in this area.

This coupled with security cameras , the Police would not really want to challenge them too much, as not only are they doing their job,[the bar owners and their responsibilities] they are being seen to be doing it.

If a business is dissatisfied, they could go to their chosen committee person regards security and have the company clear the problem or be replaced.

Not so difficult. Half of this board knows where the danger areas and/bars are, where the Yaa Baa and glue sniffers hang out, so therefore, so do the bar owners.

Not all the owners in Boyztown like each other, [ maybe a bit better now!!!!] but they do work together for business reasons and the gay community as a whole, its common sense!

The problem with security is that half the bars in Sunnee would not pay. Half there customers are there for the younger boys.
    To pay security to get rid of the younger boys would lose them half there customers.
    Its a no win situation.

Yes, good point.

Quote Originally Posted by SIn City Queen
    The problem with security is that half the bars in Sunnee would not pay. Half there customers are there for the younger boys.
    To pay security to get rid of the younger boys would lose them half there customers.
    Its a no win situation.
    Sin city queen,

You make a good point which I had not thought of, because I have no interest in them particularly!

OK,Therefore, they have to live with it then, [ bar owners and people who frequent Sunnee] the raids, the occasional arrest of the Paedophile, and the robberies and beating ups that sometimes occur and put it down to one of the hazards of going to the area.

You sleep with dogs, don't complain if you wake up with fleas! [ hope Dodger manages to get this one!]

I suppose it has its dangers just like cruising has, most posters here are old enough and mature enough to understand the dangers involved with both.