Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Sunee Plaza/Pattayaland Soi 1 -Police check Friday night

Forum's veteran
    Mount Calvary Baptist Church of the Redeemer
    Liked
    Kevin do you think this current raid would have been prompted by the murder of LMTU's friend last week? The murder had all the hallmarks of someone high on yaa baa.
    JESUS LOVES YOU, yes, even you nancies

Liked

Makes ya think twice about a vist

I hate police especially corrupt and those on the Take. Here the only way a bar can operate if pays off the police ahead of time which kills off all the profit and reason for any one to venture out and try to make a go of it.

Dodger, I have heard that saying before , I don't think it an American line but I have heard it before. I think he was saying ... Well I'm not sure what he was saying... but the meaning of the phrase is because if looks like a dog barks like a dog doesn't mean it that it is a dog. That is the American version of the other. the other phrase is if it quacks like a duck and looks like a duck that don't make it a duck. All three mean the same things which is to say , you can never be sure of anything
    All the Best!

Wes

Liked

Gaybutton has posted more info...

Gaybutton has reported on the Sunee Plaza raid...

http://www.gaythailand.com/forums/index ... topic=1952 .

"Last night a friend and I took a little tour of Sunee Plaza. Several of our friends like to hang out
    at the Corner Bar and we were on our way there to catch up with them at about 9:00 PM.

As we passed one bar, someone told us a raid is expected at about 10:00 PM. In other words, Sunee Plaza was tipped off.

When we caught up with our friends at Corner Bar, they also told us a raid is expected at about 10:00 PM.
    At about 9:40, that's when we began to see the under-age boys starting to make their exit from Sunee Plaza.

A few minutes later I wanted to leave. I had no desire to be around when a raid occurs.

Naturally, just my luck, my car was parked just outside of Sunee Plaza. Guess who discovered
    he had a flat tire! My friend called his own boyfriend, who has a tire pump. While we were waiting
    for him to arrive, we cooled our heels at the Po Pot restaurant.

Sure enough, at about 10:20 the police started arriving . . . in droves. Pickup truck after pickup truck,
    loaded with police officers, entered Sunee Plaza. A large number of individual officers also arrived on motorcycles.

We saw them block off Sunee Plaza. Any under-age boys or boys on drugs were now trapped.
    From what I understand, the police drug-tested and checked ID's of every single boy in Sunee Plaza, whether they were working in a bar or not.

I have a feeling, though, the police didn't reel in too many boys considering that just about everybody
    in Sunee Plaza knew the raid was coming, at least an hour and a half in advance.
    The bars had plenty of time to get rid of their under-age boys and I'm sure the boys on drugs had plenty of time to escape as well.

Once I had the tire in decent shape I wasn't about to hang around to watch the rest of it,
    but any boys who ended up caught in the net would have to be either deaf or total idiots.

Everyone knew this raid was coming.

Now, why would I be thinking that there just may be someone in the police department
    who gets paid to tip off the bar scene when a raid, especially a major raid, is about to occur?"

---------------

Thanks for sharing your insight GB...

TJ
    Tj

Wrong, wrong wrong

Here is the correct version... If it quakes like a duck and walks like a duck, and looks like a duck, it probably is a duck.

Re: What?

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger
    KQuill Qoute:

As the say. "just because a dog is born in a barn, doesn't make it a horse!" The main, not all, users of Yaa Baa frequent Sunnee Plaza and it is a known fact. You can paint, clean, wipe it, wash it, you cannot alter it.
    Maybe it's jus too late at night...but what in the fuck are you talking about?
    Dodger,

Evertime the subject comes up and Sunnee is mentioned you get a million reasons from other members who will give you different reasons why Sunnee is raided usually blaming it on reasons totally unconnected to reality, saying what a great place it is and how much it has changed and why don't people understand, and that there is no underage,Yaa Baa etc etc. believing themseves, if they say it to enough people, enough times, they will be believed.

They then attempt to justify it stating what a fantastic job has been done of Don Plaza, the clubbing club etc to divert peoples attention and that it is now Cafe culture and it has all changed, the Police don't get it and are singling the place out etc etc

My point was, you can do what you want with it [Sunnee] and look at it any way you wish, you can't change what it really is, or pretend it is something else or different from what it is, that's what the term means.

I was actually getting in there first, before the barrage of defences began.

Sunnee is a haven for the Yaa Baa boys, the runaways, the underage, the thieves and those on the run from the law for one reason or another.

I go there, I visit David at Come Inn, Erich at Don Plaza,Peter at Krazy Dragon but I am usually well alert to what is going on, never kid myself it is something different, and don't get taken in by the 101 scams that are usually going on there simultaneously.

Aunty.

I don't think it is connected to LMTU's affair, they usually start these antics around low season, and as Wes has said, it is also a way of extracting the "coin of the realm' from the bars, easy money and the owners have no one to complain to!

Multi raids, will be happening simultaneously against the establishments they know are on the "dark side" singling them out and dealing with them.

They had found problems in Pattayaland Soi 1 also with some of the girlie bars on their last raids there, hence,the return visit.

I think regards LMTU, that matter will be well down the line now, and hopefully heading in the right direction, and I would like to think towards justice.

Re: Wrong, wrong wrong

Quote Originally Posted by boogyman
    Here is the correct version... If it quakes like a duck and walks like a duck, and looks like a duck, it probably is a duck.

Boogyman,

Correcting Kevin eh??, detailed explanation of what I said is further up the page! For the record,in America, Does a duck "quake"????

Re: Wrong, wrong wrong

Quote Originally Posted by kquill
    Quote Originally Posted by boogyman

Boogyman,

Correcting Kevin eh??, detailed explanation of what I said is further up the page! For the record,in America, Does a duck "quake"????
    Hi,

As an Englishman, I think, the American version of the duck refers to, in my reasoning, "It is what it is,what it is" in the English version, I am referring to " Don't pretend it is something different, from what it really is"

Get it, got it, good!

Liked

More info from GB....

Gaybutton has posted this reply on Baht Stop...

http://www.baht-stop.com/forums/index.p ... topic=2563 .

"What else is new? Believe it or not, this was the first time I have ever personally witnessed
    one of these raids. After seeing for myself the way this whole thing happened, now it would be
    awfully difficult to convince me that these raids are anything more than meaningless publicity stunts.

I can't believe that everyone except the police knows exactly what goes on in some of these bars every night.
    I would guess that I saw at least 40 to 50 police officers stage the raid last night, and that was just from the
    Po Pot restaurant side. Most likely just as many initiated the raid from the Hollywood Disco side.

Once every blue moon we do hear about bars ending up shut down as a result of these raids.
    I now believe the most likely reason for that is because the tipster(s) either was unable to tip
    them off or couldn't tip them off in time.

The number of police officers involved in this raid was amazing.
    Meanwhile, you know what it would take to clean up Sunee Plaza?
    Just two or three uniformed police officers stationed at Sunee Plaza, continually strolling through.
    I doubt it will ever happen. The bars would all be raising holy hell if that ever happened.
    It would scare off too many customers.

On second thought, maybe even that wouldn't work. There are plenty of police on Walking Street,
    but there is still plenty of crime going on there. But one thing I never hear about on Walking Street
    is under-age sex arrests.

Every under-age sex arrest I have ever heard about involving Pattaya is "farang" getting in trouble
    at their residences with local kids or some idiotic "farang" like that Frenchman who was recently
    arrested for having taken an under-age boy from the streets of Sunee Plaza. I don't even recall any
    arrests at all that involved "farang" who had taken boys "off" from a bar,
    regardless of the boy's age.

Of course, it's getting more and more difficult to find a hotel that will allow under-age boys to enter.

That Frenchman, by the way, according to news reports will deported and blacklisted
    from ever returning to Thailand again. (see http://www.pattayamail.com/current/news.shtml#hd8 ).

I just loved the caption next to the photo in that article, the part that identifies the Frenchman "seated center."
    Really? Gee whiz, and without that I would have thought it must be the gentleman on the left.
    I couldn't help but notice that even at the police station, having his picture taken, he still has a hand on the boy.

You know what else I never hear about? Under-age girls working at the girlie go-go bars.
    Nobody is going to convince me that the only pedophiles that come to Pattaya are gay pedophiles.
    I do not patronize the girlie bars, but I would be very surprised if it turns out that none of the girlie
    bars employ under-age girls. How come we never hear anything about that?

I have not yet heard anything about the number of arrests that occurred last night,
    but I wouldn't be at all surprised if the same boys that were arrested last night are back in the bars tonight."
    Tj

Sunee Plaza raid ...

"What else is new? Believe it or not, this was the first time I have ever personally witnessed
    one of these raids. After seeing for myself the way this whole thing happened, now it would be
    awfully difficult to convince me that these raids are anything more than meaningless publicity stunts.

Several pick-up loads of boys, either underage, positively tested for drugs, or both have been carried away to police station. They will not have a very good time there. And there is more to follow.

I can't believe that everyone except the police knows exactly what goes on in some of these bars every night.
    I would guess that I saw at least 40 to 50 police officers stage the raid last night, and that was just from the
    Po Pot restaurant side. Most likely just as many initiated the raid from the Hollywood Disco side.

Once every blue moon we do hear about bars ending up shut down as a result of these raids.
    I now believe the most likely reason for that is because the tipster(s) either was unable to tip
    them off or couldn't tip them off in time.

The number of police officers involved in this raid was amazing.
    Meanwhile, you know what it would take to clean up Sunee Plaza?
    Just two or three uniformed police officers stationed at Sunee Plaza, continually strolling through.
    I doubt it will ever happen. The bars would all be raising holy hell if that ever happened.
    It would scare off too many customers.

Within two or three days all is back to “normal”. Just wait and see ..

On second thought, maybe even that wouldn't work. There are plenty of police on Walking Street,
    but there is still plenty of crime going on there. But one thing I never hear about on Walking Street
    is under-age sex arrests.

Every under-age sex arrest I have ever heard about involving Pattaya is "farang" getting in trouble
    at their residences with local kids or some idiotic "farang" like that Frenchman who was recently
    arrested for having taken an under-age boy from the streets of Sunee Plaza. I don't even recall any
    arrests at all that involved "farang" who had taken boys "off" from a bar,
    regardless of the boy's age.

Of course, it's getting more and more difficult to find a hotel that will allow under-age boys to enter.

Yes. That’s good. With new registration rules are condos and apartment houses next who will face a more stringed control.

That Frenchman, by the way, according to news reports will deported and blacklisted
    from ever returning to Thailand again. (see http://www.pattayamail.com/current/news.shtml#hd8 ).

...as predicted before. What the report wouldn’t not mention is the amount of month which has been squeezed out of Mr Luc Bernard Michel Rousslle. Nothing is fro free …

French police will be waiting for him at the airpo
    rt…

I just loved the caption next to the photo in that article, the part that identifies the Frenchman "seated center."
    Really? Gee whiz, and without that I would have thought it must be the gentleman on the left.
    I couldn't help but notice that even at the police station, having his picture taken, he still has a hand on the boy.

You know what else I never hear about? Under-age girls working at the girlie go-go bars.
    Nobody is going to convince me that the only pedophiles that come to Pattaya are gay pedophiles.
    I do not patronize the girlie bars, but I would be very surprised if it turns out that none of the girlie
    bars employ under-age girls. How come we never hear anything about that?

I have not yet heard anything about the number of arrests that occurred last night,
    but I wouldn't be at all surprised if the same boys that were arrested last night are back in the bars tonight."[/quote]

Police might have several dozens invited into soi 9.... for further interviews and mandatory fine between 500 and 2000 TBT each.

Liked

Pattaya City News Report of Police Raids....

Pattaya City News report of Police raids...

http://www.pattayacitynews.net/news_18_08_50_3.htm

South Pattaya Bars checked by Bangkok and local Police
    despite calls for leniency in these low season months.

On Friday Night, Police and District Officials made checks on bars located in the South Pattaya area.
    Checks on licenses, explicit shows and employees were made.

We begin at Soi Sunee Plaza in South Pattaya where Banglamung District Licensing Officials
    accompanied by Police Colonel Sutin, the Superintendent of Pattaya Police and a group of Officers inspected many bars.

Almost 100 people were checked to ensure they were carrying their ID Cards and if they had recently consumed met-amphetamine.

License checks were also made on many of the bars.

At the end of the exercise, 20 people were arrested after failing urine tests.

There were no licensing irregularities found.

more...

http://www.pattayacitynews.net/news_18_08_50_3.htm .

TJ
    Tj