List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: I have to contribute something !

DELETED

elephantspike
    Well, at first I thought from Professor's opening post that it was the work of a spambot, as the only part in which he addresses the board......

Well, I have read many threads on this board, and I must say, that many posters are extremely unaware of reality and simple facts. Also, many posters do not have a clue how to behave when it comes to courtesy.
    ....could apply to pretty much any message board on the web.

Of course the fact that he directly responds to replies from others proves the 'bot theory wrong, but it is a curious debut nonetheless. Welcome, Professor.

your responses

Thank you all for your comments.

During my teaching career, I was used to encounter bad behavior once in a while. I taught in the late sixties - among other great schools - at Berkeley and Princeton, and was personally confronted with the emerging student riots. The problem was that the students by all means had a legitimate reason to raise their voices, but they were not able to see how much damage they created in society by the pure hatred they spread. To speak with some of our posters, I can also "smell" something when reading most of the responses: a lack of discipline and manners.

Of course, Mr. Catawampuscat, this board is about gay thailand, not academic credentials. Why you state the obvious? Am I not allowed to introduce myself to this community by telling you a little bit where I come from? Are people with an academic background not welcome here? Or are you simply not interested in a serious interchange of ideas?

It is almost funny that a lot of posters suspect I have taken over the identity of other (deceased?) posters: Boygeenyus, Jaafarabutarab, Hedda... who else is in the race?

If you call someone who is widely read a troll, I am a troll. Interesting how anonymity creates this name-calling profanity. I suspect that people using this method of communication never learned to express themselves in a civilized way, and would never have the guts to speak up like that in a personal conversation - right?

Finally, let me close with sincere thanks to Mr. Elephantspike: He was the only poster who actually "welcomed" me as a new member of this board. I hope this community is a little more liberal and open than most of the respondents.

Not only a troll, but one who double posts. Fourteen minutes apart.

It's up to you, Mr.Professor to prove you are NOT a troll. Please feel free to post a topic or relevance to the forum and interest to the members. So far, you haven't.

If you're at a loss for a topic, you could always use the old standby: pedophillia, with a backdrop of Sunee Plaza.

Quote Originally Posted by wx40afp
    Well i welcome you PROFESSOR,you can join the TROLL CLUB TOO,I AM THE PRESDIENT OF IT.
    Thank you, "wx40afp", your welcome is noted. I am glad to meet the "president" of the "troll club" as I have learned that trolls are a widely recognized species around here. Although, some of your postings make me wonder how you can survive in the real world. No offense meant!

Prof.

Definition of "troll"

"Troll" [pejorative noun] - Someone on this Board with whose opinions I disagree but lack the intelligence to rebut, so I will rely on personal abuse and ad hominem comments

Welcome, Professor

to mr. bkk gwm

Quote Originally Posted by bkk gwm
    Not only a troll, but one who double posts. Fourteen minutes apart.

It's up to you, Mr.Professor to prove you are NOT a troll. Please feel free to post a topic or relevance to the forum and interest to the members. So far, you haven't.

If you're at a loss for a topic, you could always use the old standby: pedophillia, with a backdrop of Sunee Plaza.
    bkk gwm,
    see my posting about "prostitution" (Global Forum), and please feel free to participate in the discussion! Do you have anything of substance to say regarding the issue?

Re: Professor....

Quote Originally Posted by aussieal
    Wot a WANKER!
    I understand that in this case, there are so many possible explanations (not excuses!) for such a revealing behavior - whatever it is, please have a little more respect for someone who is probably much older (may I add: wiser) than you are!

Prof.

Re: What?

Quote Originally Posted by thrillbill
    It is how one writes/ responds to the forum that indicates if the person is a moran or a normal human being with common sense.
    "moran" = "moron" - or "moray"?

thrillbill, I agree with you. The point is, as I have mentioned before, am I not allowed to introduce myself? Do I have to hide my academic credentials, out of fear that others might become jealous? I was merely intending to give a short summary about my working experiences and areas of interest. I thought that this would give a "surplus value" to this forum and its members. I hope I was not wrong.

Prof.

Re: What?

Quote Originally Posted by Professor
    I thought that this would give a "surplus value" to this forum and its members. I hope I was not wrong
    You do not hope in vain - it is entirely surplus