Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Appropriate Apparel

Liked
    [quote=bkk gwm]
    Quote Originally Posted by "John Botting":24ptneil
    The problem here is most posters and visitors to Thailand are retired old boys. Not aged like me and colmx (young and trendy, right colmx?). So the jeans they wear are high waist banded jeans with an old fashioned shirt or T-Shirt to top it off. Not good gents!
    Careful what you wish for. Do you want to see us wearing hip-huggers? ukeright:

But, not to worry. I have given up on denim jeans, unless I can get back below a 38" waistline. Thank heavens for Dockers.[/quote:24ptneil]

I remember an old Pogo cartoon where one of the characters, I cannot remember which one, significantly circumferentially challenged, and wearing trousers lower and lower as a result said: "My waist isn't getting bigger, but my legs are getting shorter."

I'm having the same problem.

Liked
    I buy caps that are tattered and torn as this is the style,I dont think Id be wearing it in Thailand as I wouldnt want to appear like a slob though.And jeans are fine to wear,but they are very heavy and are not condusive to hot and humid climates.That is why I wear dockers or such when In LOS.I guess if your used to the hot weather its ok to wear jeans,but if your waist size is over 38,maybe not. Im curious to what everyones waist size is ,Im a 35 which is hard size to find undies,right in between medium and large. Invalid session is getting worse.

DELETED

Quote Originally Posted by rocket
    Im curious to what everyones waist size is ,Im a 35 ...
    Don't judge by the size of the pants' waistband, btw. If you notice, the larger, more rotund folks tend to let the front of their waist band droop down to an area that is of a smaller circumference. Someone with a 44" waistline can get by wearing pants with a 38" or 40" waistband. I never realized the significance of letting the pants ride lower in front until recently.

And, to those 35" posters, beware that I was also 35" (or perhaps less) when I was in my early- to mid-40s. Now that I'm in my early- to mid-50s, my waist is in its early- to mid-40s.

32" waist here. As to jeans being heavy. The "Fashion Trend" now is for much lighter weight denim. Not the Heavy type common on Levis 501s.

Liked

Although Dicks highly acclaimed post

says appropriate that word and definition remains relative.

I dress for the occasion, when business I am in a business suite

About and around, jeans and what ever tennis shoe that is popular is fine with me.

nails and toe nails always trimmed except for the little finger on the right hand to pick your nose with.

ear hair neatly trimmed or "neet" will suffice the thee task.

slacks for out on the town jeans for your daily walk unless you are does not 300 LBS, if such s the case it really doesn't matter either Will do.

my general attire consist of tennis shoes socks and jeans 501's and a collard Polo either pullover or dress is sufficient.

Wesley
    All the Best!

Wes

Dress

Quote Originally Posted by John Botting
    Well . Slacks are what my mother wears when she is not in a skirt!

Well you can always borrow your Mothers then John eh???

Ask some of them with the Mark Spitz medals in Boyztown if you can borrow then for the Rotary parties as well, no one will notice the difference between them and the real thing.