Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ethiad out of London

Liked

Ethiad out of London

Once again, Thai airways have got lucivrous airfares LHR to BKK. I have good fares ( ┬г200 cheaper) on Ethiad. Any experience of this airline please? Thanks in advance

tried westeasttravel ?

Thai have cheap fares with them at times.

http://westeasttravel.com/user/default.asp

Ethiad

Quote Originally Posted by thanatorn
    Once again, Thai airways have got lucivrous airfares LHR to BKK. I have good fares ( ┬г200 cheaper) on Ethiad. Any experience of this airline please? Thanks in advance
    Very good airline. Modern aircrafts. Good service. Stop over is good for some shopping.

More details: www.airlinequality.com/Airlines/EY.htm

Travelled London to Bangkok last October using Etihad. Would thoroughly recommend them. Short stopover in interesting Abu Dhabi Airport. Lots of spare seats on London to Abu Dhabi and Bangkok to Abu Dhabi. New planes too.

DELETED

I have also traveled with them. Very good, and I wouldn't hesitate to fly with them again.

Liked
    Bf flew on Etihad's new route from Bkk-AbuDhabi-Dublin last week

He enjoyed the "split" flight aspect of the flights(2 x 6.5 hour flights instead of 2+11 hour flights)

Was also impressed with the new aircraft and service received from the staff. But was unimpressed with the smell from some of the clientele on the first leg!

He found the staff from AbuDhabi-Dublin to me more attentive and the clientele much less offensive on his nose

He also enjoyed the 72 movie-on-demand channels on his seat back screen

His comments have encouraged me to fly Etihad on my next visit

(Ps comments above about smelly customers are from Thai Bf - not from me!)
    Buffalo me die! Send Money!

Manchester

I've travelled with Etihad 3 times Manchester -> BKK. Flights always cheap, service good, new aircraft etc.
    I would be very happy to travel with them again.

yes, this is a good deal

At Xmas, this airline is offering flights at around 580 UK pounds, as opposed to other airlines at double that price, if you can get a direct flight of course, at the moment Thai are charging really high prices for flying at that time of year.

Friends of mine also had a good experience flying Ethiad to and from London. However, they are a lot dearer than BA/Qantas from Singapore (about 260 pounds o/w, 480 return including taxes and supplements). Even allowing another 30-40 pounds for a flight from singapore to bankok, that seems to be the cheapest route by a long way at the moment, and you can also fly direct from singapore to many other destinations in Thailand. I would go for BA rather than Qantas though. Service on the Air Asia flight from Sinapore to Bangkok was miles better than on the qantas flight from london. BA aren't great, but at least they serve more than one drink on the 12 hour flight!