Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: chiang mai report

Liked

Come In House, Chiang Mai, is a very nice place to locate --

Dreaded Ned's Web site contains the following:

Come-On Place
    157 Road
    Phone: (0) 5327 - 8936 Fax: (0) 5328 -2541
    Located near Suan Prung Gate and the Flower Festival Park. Spacious rooms, aircon, mini-bar, tv, coffee pot, internet access, hot shower, very gay-friendly. Rooms 650-800 Baht, ask for room NOT facing disco.

I regret I didn't get a card or anything from them, but as I recall, the name is Come In Place and it is a remarkably friendly place, extremely helpful in letting you know what is going on. Shows are NOT dead in Chiang Mai, just not so publicly promoted, and the guys at Come In Place can tell you good places to eat, good places to visit, and where you can find what you want.

What pleased me was it was located just inside the wall, and was easily found, and easy to get to and out from. That is a major accomplishment in the Chiang Mai area, unfortunately. This place apparently does very little advertising, and I had intended writing them up -- I was very favorably impressed -- but before i got around to writing it up and publicizing it a little, I wound up with my own problems and gave up the website.

Incidentally, I think the guys putting out the pgreport are doing a fantastic job of it. If you haven't seen it, check out www.pgreport.com , and sign up for their mailing list. They don't write as much as I liked to do, but they still have great photos, bring you the announcements from the bars and pubs with special events, etc..

Allen (G.P.)

Cheap Charlie syndrome.......spell check wouldn't hurt either!

Quote Originally Posted by wx40afp
    Well if ya talking about cheap charlie i can assure you the SCOTCH are the worst for deep pockets !
    Scotch comes in a bottle ya silly old, demented poof!

Ruby Munro - Anyone been?

Any one know anything about Ruby Munro's show?

CABARET OPENINGS AND CLOSINGS
    Simon Cabaret closed its doors July 31, 2007. Offering a smaller and more unusual experience, however, is the new MunroтАЩs showbar which has taken over the premises of what was Down Under atop Nimmanhaemin Soi 11(B2). Headed by Ruby Munro, an English drag queen, and a troupe of talented university students, there is no cover charge. Open daily except Monday from 5pm-midnight. Tel: 053-895-209. www.rubymunro.com.

from: http://www.nancychandler.net/product_up ... ertainment

Forum's veteran
    Liked: 1
    Well if ya talking about cheap charlie i can assure you the SCOTCH are the worst for deep pockets !
    I know I'm setting myself up for a scathing reply but SCOTCH is something you drink. Scots are the folk who live in Scotland, admittedly, with deeeeep pockets.

Okay ... I'm ready for ya wx40afp. Be a liitle sympathetic ... I'm new here.

cheers
    K.

Quote Originally Posted by krobbie
    I know I'm setting myself up for a scathing reply but SCOTCH is something you drink. Scots are the folk who live in Scotland, admittedly, with deeeeep pockets.

Okay ... I'm ready for ya wx40afp. Be a liitle sympathetic ... I'm new here.

cheers
    K.
    I appreciate your correct observation the natives of Scotland are often abbreviated to Scot's.
    I dispute the deep pockets label, as I am generally overly generous especially in Thailand and I have been scolded by many for this abberation.
    As for being worried about what WX40 says or thinks......Don't give the obnoxious old Sydney slapper another thought. He seems to feel that his words are important to someone in this world, that comes with insecurity and dementia, he is more to be pitied than derided.
    Welcome to the board.