Regarding the rather absurd comments from wx40afp, I believe you are either talking about a different La Cage bar, or do indeed have a personal grudge, or other interest somewhere ! After hearing that it had changed hands a few months ago, I visited La Cage bar, and found it MUCH more friendly than my last visit some time ago. The boys were certainly NOT "all feminine ladyboy types" but were great fun to spend time with! Regular Thai boys. I agree, the 'ambiance' as you put it has indeed changed, it is no longer camp and cliquey, as it was on my previous visits. Everyone seems to made welcome now. All in all, a MUCH nicer place to have a beer or two, and being retired, I find the happy hour certainly to my taste!

The more I re-read your comments, the more I think you must have some sort of personal bitterness, as I have been there several times recently and been served immediately ... with a smile, which can be rare around here sometimes. As for your silly 'upper class/ working class' jibes this is just childish complete nonsense, what planet are you on? Your silliness has made me determined to visit La Cage more often and have a good time ! Cheers mate !