Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The "former" Memories

The "former" Memories

I met an American friend the other night at Oscar's in Boyztown. He is here for only 2 weeks and did not know that Memories in Sunee Plaza had been sold until he visited the first night he was in Pattaya. I asked him if he liked it. He said "Well, it is Ok, but just another beer bar now" I asked him to compare it to the "former" Memories. He thought that the "former" Memories was unique in that it was a place to be introduced to other Farang while the boys were not pushy and always attentive (not just sitting around waiting for a drink or an off). He thought Oud was great fun and made sure everyone else was having fun, more like you were at a friend's house, he said.

The point of this is that I think that the "former" Memories filled a nitch that some other bar may try to duplicate. I am not complaining about the new owner of Memories. Every business owner has their own business plan.

I do understand that the Corner Bar in Sunee is starting to be a "substitue" for Memories even though that may not be their plan. I guess I agree with my American friend that there are plenty of "beer bars" where people can get a drink and off a boy, but what is missing is a place where you can meet up with "Friends" (as in where everyone knows your name), the old TV series.

Liked
    'I met an American friend the other night at Oscar's in Boyztown.'

Oscars (refurbished My Life) appears to be attracting a lot of attention. Before the refurbishment, there was a handful of customers on the terrace. Now, the smart, air-conditioned Long Bar inside is growing in popularity. Oscars, like Panorama have their own discount membership card. It's not difficult to find real value for money in Soi 3. It's great to see Boyztown evolving, ensuring that it remains Asia's number one gay hot spot.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Memories

Oud, Jack and Ralph were Memories, and they are simply irreplaceable.

I wish the new owner the best of luck, but won't ever expect the place to be the same.

Mai pen rai

Liked

Memories

I am sure some of you know what Oud is doing now.. Is he still in Pattaya? I was not his best friend, but was one who considered him a friend, and liked giving him a hard time.

Promotion?

DELETED

Officer Botting smells something fishy!

Newbie????

DELETED

Not Busy at all

Quote Originally Posted by PinkSilom
    'I met an American friend the other night at Oscar's in Boyztown.'

Oscars (refurbished My Life) appears to be attracting a lot of attention. Before the refurbishment, there was a handful of customers on the terrace. Now, the smart, air-conditioned Long Bar inside is growing in popularity. Oscars, like Panorama have their own discount membership card. It's not difficult to find real value for money in Soi 3. It's great to see Boyztown evolving, ensuring that it remains Asia's number one gay hot spot.
    The night I met my American friend at Oscar's must have been an unusual night then because the were only 2 other customers and the owner. We were only there for 1 1/2 hours though. And did enjoy ourselves. The entire area seemed "slow. We went to Cafe Royale for some food and were the only customers inside. There were a few outside. But this is low season.

Liked
    'PinkSilom, please state here that you are not conected in anyway to any business interest in Soi 3...'

John Botting, would doing so really add any weight to my posts?

No one has commented as to what the Old Memories staff is doing now....does anyone know??