Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: silly question 3 from flip

silly question 3 from flip

hi again all, I intend to do some sightseeingas well as the 'sex tour', and I beleive its useful to get yourself a 'guide' for either,
    a) would you agree or disagree
    b) if so where or how the hell do you go about sortin that out
    I intend (time permitting)visiting river kwai,tiger temple,killing fields, the how the hell i'm goin to get there i'll sort out in country i think...over a beer with one or more of you guys..if thats ok
    Flip

Re: silly question 3 from flip

Quote Originally Posted by flipcarlisle
    hi again all, I intend to do some sightseeingas well as the 'sex tour', and I beleive its useful to get yourself a 'guide' for either,
    I intend (time permitting)visiting river kwai,tiger temple,killing fields, the how the hell i'm goin to get there i'll sort out in country i think...over a beer with one or more of you guys..if thats ok
    Flip
    Hi again Flip, with regard to question A and taking someone along with you from Pattaya on the trips you intend to make, I don't think it is a case of whether or not anyone agrees it is a good idea or not. In the end, it all comes down to ones own personal choice and what we require as an individual. I am sure that you you will get members here both agreeing and disagreeing with you, as to whether or not they believe it a good idea to take a boy/guide along with you. I would wait until you get here if I were you and test the water out for yourself, by discovering first of all, whether any boy that you meet is one that you would like to accompany you on these planned excursions of yours.

As far as question B goes, if you find a boy whom you believe you will feel comfortable with over the length of your trip, without wishing to sound cynical, as I am not being and only stating a fact, providing you can come to an agreement on the fee you will pay him, bearing in mind that if he is a bar boy he is not going to be getting any income other than what he receives from you, there is usually no problem whatsoever in getting him to go along. However, that said, unless you strike gold, don't expect the boy to be anywhere near as interested in the places you are going to visit as you are, as in the majority of cases they never are.

As far as having a chat about these things over a few beers with those that are up for it and have some experience in these matters, I think that is an excellent idea. Give me a shout nearer to the time you are going to be here, as I would certainly not be adverse to having a beer or two with you. You will also be pleased to learn I am sure, that unlike some I can name, I am one that always stands his shout.

One last bit of advice, don't go meeting up with Dodger and if you do, don't listen to a thing he says. If you do, you will probably end up missing your flight home, on the account that you are somewhere up jungle with a boy geting yourself bethrothed.

All joking aside, if you find yourself with some time on your hands, you should give some of Dodgers field trip posts a read. They are excellent posts and make very enjoyable reading. They will also open your eyes I am sure on the subject of trips.

I hope that some of the things I have said above have helped you in some way to gaining a little more knowledge than you had previously and, I am sure that others will add a lot more to what I have said.

Choc Dee Flip,

G.

Liked
    Flip if you don't find someone that you feel comfortable with to go on what tours with you, then you could go into any number of tour guide shops in Pattaya and book a trip and they probably supply a tour guide for the whole group taking the trip. As George said just wait until you get to Pattaya and then see how the ground lies and get the feel for the place and those that you meet and take it from there, I think if you try and plan too much in advance it will probably go tits up.

Thai_Faen :bounce:

Flip,
    Can't quite work out what your itinerary is.
    The "Killing Fields" are in Cambodia near Phnom Penh.
    River Kwai is way to the west of Bangkok near Burma, quite far from Pattaya. Neither could be considered "day trips" from Pattaya.

I would recommend Purple Dragon for some of your tours. Though they don't do "sex tours" they do at least have gay guides so it makes everything a bit more comfortable. If you check their website they list many of the "side trip" day tours they do. http://www.purpledrag.com

Forum's veteran
    Liked

of course-take along a guide and

"personal assistant" - you will find no shortage of willing candidates. As the others say-obviously anticipating my good advice-as long as you get on with the person you will be fine and it's so much more fun having a local along and to see it through his eyes. I would recommend two "guides" as they keep each other happy chatting away in their own language and enjoying each other's company while you can relax.

As for "sex tour" and a "sightseeing tour"-I've always found the 2 are perfectly compatible and indeed-usually one and the same thing. In fact, one should always combine the 2 at all times and especially, while you can-for you tend to find sadly with age, that the first becomes more desirable but less achievable and the later, far duller without the first.

Just ask boygeenyus.
    I'm only a light drinker. When it's daylight I drink.

Quote Originally Posted by kenc
    Flip,
    Can't quite work out what your itinerary is.
    The "Killing Fields" are in Cambodia near Phnom Penh.
    River Kwai is way to the west of Bangkok near Burma, quite far from Pattaya. Neither could be considered "day trips" from Pattaya.
    Flip never mentioned day trips. What he wrote was:

I intend to do some sightseeingas well as the 'sex tour', and I beleive its useful to get yourself a 'guide' for either,

Liked

River Kwai

You might get more out of the River Kwai trip if you bring a new friend along with you. The main sites there are the bridge itself, potentially a boat ride (depending on which tour you do) and a military memorial site. If you're a big movie buff and have to see the area due to the film or something, fine, else it's really not the most exciting trip in the world. Which is why I recommend taking a new friend along for added entertainment. I think this would be a fine trip with the right guy.

Not sure what a "sex tour" is, but you don't need a guide to find sex in either Pattaya or Bangkok. All you really need is a map and a penis.

A day-long sightseeing trip in Bangkok is possibly a good idea if you don't know the city very well. Although you're trapped into someone else's schedule, you can see alot in one day with one of these trips. I'm not really a fan of group tours, but sometimes it can be a good option, especially if your time is limited.

Dboy

How long?

I guess how much you will get to see depends for how long you are going?
    If you are interested in history (River Kwai and killing fields?), I would suggest an alternative.
    As mentioned above, the killing fields are near Phnom Penh in Cambodia. After you've had your fill of BKK and Pattaya, you could take a low cost flight from BKK by www.airasia.com to Phnom Penh, see the city, Tuol Sleng museum ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuol_Sleng_Genocide_Museum ) and the killing fields etc. then take an internal flight (again quite cheap) upto Siem Reap also in Cambodia and see the temples of Angkor ( http://www.canbypublications.com/siemre ... angwat.htm ).
    Now that (IMO) would be a much more fascinating adventure - a thousand times more to see than at Kwai.
    You can meet local guys in Phnom Penh and Siem Reap too. Not as prevalent as in Thailand, but available nonetheless.
    Just another idea to throw into the pot :cheers:

excellent replies

excellent replies everyone, many thnx, main problem (although a really nice problem) is that it throws more things into the pot, thnx again chaps...Flip

Liked
    If your interested in the real history of the death railroad in Kanchanaburi then the only decent site is the museum at hellfire pass. The Thai tourist sights with the exceptions of the cemetery are just strange. Some survivors with foreign funding built the museum at Hellfire Pass. The tour buses mostly ignore it.

There was a series on the death RR on the History channel called Hollywood vs. History. The movie 'Over the river Kwai' is not an accurate portrayal of the actual events.
    E Dok Tong