Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Morocco bound!

Liked
    Every beach seemed to have a resident herd of camels to provide rides for tourists who were required to wear an arab headdress for the obligatory (and expensive) photo on the beast's back. Not the most friendly of animals, if I recall aright!
    "The fruits of peace and tranquility... are the greatest goods... while those of its opposite, strife, are unbearable evils. Hence we ought to wish for peace, to seek it if we do not already have it, to conserve it once it is attained, and to repel with all our strength the strife which is opposed to it. To this end individual[s]... and in even greater degree groups and communities are obliged to help one another... from the bond or law of human society." [Marsilio dei Mainardini (c.1275-1342), Defensor Pacis]

Liked
    Thanks Marsillius for a great trip report. It has stirred up my interest in revisiting

Tangiers and Casablanca I had inked in with a possible trip to Athens, but have now I have made contact on the net

with a boy in Rabat and another in Fez, Athens could be the side trip

They have said this is the very hot time of the year and for me to consider October to February.

I had never considered the road trip as I travel alone and buses do not appeal. If you get a chance to comment

I would appreciate it
    Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

Liked
    Apparently July is the hottest time of year. Re. the road between Agadir and Marrakesh: the four hours I quoted for the journey was in a private car. No doubt a bus would take far longer!
    "The fruits of peace and tranquility... are the greatest goods... while those of its opposite, strife, are unbearable evils. Hence we ought to wish for peace, to seek it if we do not already have it, to conserve it once it is attained, and to repel with all our strength the strife which is opposed to it. To this end individual[s]... and in even greater degree groups and communities are obliged to help one another... from the bond or law of human society." [Marsilio dei Mainardini (c.1275-1342), Defensor Pacis]

Liked
    you may when next in los try to speak to (i think he's names john or peter) the newish other part owner of Krazy dragon, the older guy of the two, & you may also see in this bar a chubbier guy with glasses, quite a young fellow & another farlang, they used to live in morroco, & being gay i'm sure they.............................................. ..

goodluck
    i love you, i miss you.............. i lie you

Liked
    cut and paste from Marsillius above

From the square, we took a 40 minute walk to the Cafe des Nogociants (appropriate name) where the city's money boys reputedly hang out. Sipping our drinks out on the pavement seating, we were soon openly propositioned by a nice young man but, in the immortal words of the old News of the World, we made our excuses and left. Apparently things get going big time at the C des N at about 11pm and we weren't prepared to stay out that long.

I thought I would google for more info on Cafe des Nogociants. The first link they found was to the above
    post by marsillius

Liked
    Having read that, I thought I'd achieved fame - or, more probably, notoriety - at last.

Sadly not.

My own Googling for the C des N (maybe it matters which country you Google from?) turned up http://www.footprintguides.com/Marrakec ... esbian.php in top place, with nothing from me at all!

Use the more usual spelling "Cafe de Negociants Marakesh" and you'll get a fuller response.

HTH

Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by Marsilius
    Having read that, I thought I'd achieved fame - or, more probably, notoriety - at last.

Sadly not.

My own Googling for the C des N (maybe it matters which country you Google from?) turned up http://www.footprintguides.com/Marrakec ... esbian.php in top place, with nothing from me at all!
    I copied your spelling and this is what I got again

Web Results 1 - 5 of 5 for Cafe des Nogociants . (0.30 seconds)

Did you mean: Cafe des Negociants
    Morocco bound!
    From the square, we took a 40 minute walk to the Cafe des Nogociants (appropriate name) where the city's money boys reputedly hang out. ...
    http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com...t12154-15.html - 43k - Cached - Similar pages
    TI:Genetic diversity and relationships of cacao (Theobroma cacao L ...
    Institut francais du cafe et du cacao. no. 12. 68 p. DE:Potential; PY:1974 GE:Uganda TI:Study of mineral disorders and deficiencies of cacao OT:Etude des ...
    guiltinanlab.cas.psu.edu/Ingenic/documents/publications/wouters/cocoabib.txt - Similar pages
    Tourismic, guide hotellerie, annuaire hotel restaurant ...
    - [ Translate this page ]
    CAFE DES SPORTS ..... HOTEL DES ETATS UNIS - "GRAND CAFE DE FRANCE" ┬╖ CROWNE PLAZA - "L'AUTAN-TIC" .... CAFE DES NOGOCIANTS ...

I think your cookies may be the problem. Or maybe you spelt the town name correctly.

This is what I get.

Did you mean: Cafe de Negociants Marrakesh

Marrakesh Features | Fodor's Online Travel Guide
    Right in the city center, opposite Caf├й des Negociants in Gu├йliz, the small but smart Nassim ... Douar Abiad, Circuit de la Palmeraie, Marrakesh, Morocco. ...
    www.fodors.com/miniguides/mgresults.cfm ... ture=30011 - 43k - 31 Jul 2007 - Cached - Similar pages - Note this
    Caf├йs, Marrakesh - Restaurants - VirtualTourist.com
    Cafe Les Negociants, Gueliz - Marrakesh. Cafe Les Negociants, Gueliz .... I ate at Grand Cafe de la Poste at lunchtime on my last day in Marrakech during a ...
    www.virtualtourist.com/.../Wilaya_de_Ma ... -BR-1.html - 114k - 1 Aug 2007 - Cached - Similar pages - Note this
    Marrakesh Restaurants - Reviews, Photos - VirtualTourist.com
    Marrakesh restaurant reviews and photos posted by real travelers and locals. ... Cafe Les Negociants, Gueliz - Marrakesh. Cafe Les Negociants, Gueliz ...
    www.virtualtourist.com/.../Morocco/Wila ... -BR-7.html - 112k - Cached - Similar pages - Note this
    Lyon Tourism : Lyon Eat & Drink Guide - Yahoo! Travel
    Meanwhile, Mamounia evokes the tang of Marrakesh with its superb decor and ... The most famous is the Grand Cafe des Negociants; its imposing and formal ...
    travel.yahoo.com/p-travelguide-2579700-lyon_restaurants_and_bars-i - 18k - Cached - Similar pages - Note this
    Marrakesh Restaurant Tips by suvanki - VirtualTourist.com
    From DEF head up Ave Mohammed V. At Place Abd El Moumen Ben Ali, Cafe Le Negociants is on your R. , cross over Bvd Zerktouni, and Rue de Yugoslavie is in ...
    members.virtualtourist.com/m/6f35e/20372e/2/ - 123k - Cached - Similar pages - Note this
    Marrakesh/Morocco - Restaurants and Cafes
    Djem├вa el Fna, next to Commissariat de Police, Marrakesh, Morocco ... 55, Boulevard Zerktouni (in arcade next to Caf├й Negociants), Marrakesh, Morocco ...
    www.go-africa.org/travel_to_africa_arti ... akesh3.htm - 25k - Cached - Similar pages - Note this
    Marrakech forum: Availability of alcohol - TripAdvisor
    NewCarInsider.com Deals Marrakesh This Week Only! Free Instant Quote ... the extremely popular Caf├й des Negociants on the corner of Boulevard Mohamed V and ...
    www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293734-i ... akech.html - 74k - Cached - Similar pages - Note this
    Spend unforgettable nights in a cosy & luxurious Moroccan palace
    Le Diamand Noir at the Jets dтАЩEau roundabout is a classic of Marrakesh and is ... Cafe les Negociants has a great terrace and serves a good breakfast. ...
    www.riadsmorocco.com/c-3-nightlife.html - 27k - 31 Jul 2007 - Cached - Similar pages - Note this
    Mamounia (La) Restaurant Lyon - Yahoo! Travel Guide UK
    Cafe 203; 7.Resto Boucherie (Le); 8.Grand Cafe des Negociants; 9.Bistro Romain (Le); 10.Jour de F├кte; List all Restaurants ...
    uk.holidaysguide.yahoo.com/p-travelguide-87501-action-describe-mamounia_la_lyon-i - 18k - Cached - Similar pages - Note this
    fresco - El ahad (zondag)
    Een staalblauwe hemel boven Marrakesh en een zon die met de minuut ... Voor een shot cafe├пne ploften we ons neer op het terras van Caf├й Les N├йgociants, ...
    fresco.skynetblogs.be/post/1080551/el-ahad-zondag - 82k - Cached - Similar pages - Note this

Did you mean to search for: Cafe de Negociants Marrakesh

Result Page:

Next

Liked

Internet access?

Does Marrakesh (and the rest of the country) have internet cafes like Thailand does? I like to upload my digital photos to a private server while on the road. How was the food? Did you eat food from the markets alot or mostly hotel food or what? thx

Dboy