Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Morocco bound!

Liked

Morocco bound!

In 10 days time I'm off, for the first time, to Morocco. [I've been to Tunisia and Egypt before, so I am familiar with general north African culture.]

Any gay recommendations for either Marrakesh or Agadir?

"The fruits of peace and tranquility... are the greatest goods... while those of its opposite, strife, are unbearable evils. Hence we ought to wish for peace, to seek it if we do not already have it, to conserve it once it is attained, and to repel with all our strength the strife which is opposed to it. To this end individual[s]... and in even greater degree groups and communities are obliged to help one another... from the bond or law of human society." [Marsilio dei Mainardini (c.1275-1342), Defensor Pacis]

Liked
    wow, nice. I've been wanting to go to Marrakesh. Please post some details on this trip when you get back.

Dboy

Don't miss Fez. It is the single most amazing place in all of Morocco.

Liked
    Thanks, guys. Any gay recommendations?
    "The fruits of peace and tranquility... are the greatest goods... while those of its opposite, strife, are unbearable evils. Hence we ought to wish for peace, to seek it if we do not already have it, to conserve it once it is attained, and to repel with all our strength the strife which is opposed to it. To this end individual[s]... and in even greater degree groups and communities are obliged to help one another... from the bond or law of human society." [Marsilio dei Mainardini (c.1275-1342), Defensor Pacis]

Yes. Go in the 1930s.

Quote Originally Posted by 555
    Yes. Go in the 1930s.
    I think it made it through the late fifties - the advent of Radio Cairo. Morroco's bohemian paradise is "chronicled" around then in a book following famous gay/lesbian writers Paul and Jane Bowles (with her veiled partner). You'll find them and other famous names like theirs like William Burroughs (Naked Lunch), Ginsberg, Keroauc, rich bitch Barbara Hutton's (who cares?) gala parties, dark-skinned No. African boys (who now bomb Spanish railway stations), majoun and too much more I can't remember as I so long ago read ...

The Dream at the End of the World: Paul Bowles and the Literary Renegades in Tangier
    by Michelle Green (Author)

Amazon review: www.amazon.com #customerReviews

But, who knows, the 30's may have been better.

The literary masterpiece is an absolute "must" for those interested in literary history of gay/lesbian authors.

And the book could give notes on where one might find resurrection of the Bohemian paradise.

Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by Dboy
    wow, nice. I've been wanting to go to Marrakesh. Please post some details on this trip when you get back.

Dboy
    it is 10 years since I visited Marrakesh, but it might not have changed

I was looking forward to the turkish baths but they were a disappointment

During late afternoon all women disappear into the home. the car park becomes a large entertainment area
    known as souk. Snake charmers, musicians, jugglers,magicians all perform and attract crowds of 50 or more to each performer

I was amazed how upfront some of the boys were in the crowd.. They will rub their crutch against your hand, take your hand and place on their cock and in one case in the crush remove their cock and place it in your hand. I was overcome by several boys wearing the long full length robe with nothing underneath, who were so brazen I expected to see them arrested. They walked around with obvious erections and were quite aggressive.

They were all money boys and to this day I regret I did not go to the cinema as I was urged to do, as it was all male and apparently anything goes.

I found Spartucas out of date then, it may be more up to date now.

There was a Czech forum where there was a lot of comments about Morocco, Marrakesh and Tangier. I will try and find it
    Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

Quote Originally Posted by lonelywombat

and in one case in the crush remove their cock and place it in your hand.
    Boys with removable cocks...now I've heard it all!

Liked
    Thanks for the info re. Morocco.

The souk in Marrakesh sounds pretty exciting (though in quite a different way to that described in my guide books!)

I leave within the next 48 hours (Friday morning, UK time) - so if you do find that Czech forum info, Lonelywombat, please post it here a.s.a.p.

Many thanks in anticipation.

Liked
    That forum is now a dead link but my friend on holidays here, went searching the net

and found on www.silverdaddies.com , 4 guys from Morocco on line in chat

He also found in the travellers section, 8 travellers who are visiting Morocco right now or very soon

gaydar shows who is on line from every country, and you can do a detailed search by country, and right at this minute there are on line

Morocco 56 View List Travel

There are over 50 in the "travellers to" including 9 that are already there

I am sure that making contact with a few of these would be more helpful, than all the out of date guidebooks or forums

Have a great time and please give a full report on your return
    Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves