Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Draft Al Gore

Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob T
    Once again the American people (Republicans, Democrats, Independents) are faced with voting for the least objectionable shit-for-brains politican.
    Unfortunately, so true. Out of of 300,000,000+ citizens, you'd think we'd be able to come up with an intelligent candidate or two whose souls weren't owned by some interest group. But, alas, no. I'm getting to think that every politician in the world is shit-for-brains (I mean, heck, there's got to be a good one somewhere but at the moment I can't think of one).

As for Al Gore, a boring bag of wind as far as I'm concerned. I might vote for him as the head librarian but I wouldn't be enthusiastic about him being my leader.

As for me, at the moment I'd vote for Obama. Why? He's obviously intelligent, has a lot of charisma, and I don't know enough about him yet to dislike or distrust him.

But it's obvious ...

Quote Originally Posted by Bob
    As for me, at the moment I'd vote for Obama. Why? He's obviously intelligent, has a lot of charisma, and I don't know enough about him yet to dislike or distrust him.
    Won't someone be taking a shot at him fairly soon? That is, after all, the American way

I completely disagree.
    I won't speak to the republicans, as I don't care and they will probably lose this time.
    On the democratic side, there is an entire stable of extremely high intelligence candidates. All of them are exceptionally bright. Shit for brains does not apply to any of them, and if you think that it does, this tells me about your brain, not theirs.

Obama indeed is a brilliant man and has lots of potential. His recent health care announcement proves one of his major flaws. No details about how he can actually accomplish it in the real world. He is still a baby politico. For those who really do want a fresh face, he is it. I personally want a seasoned champion. A man who has already proven he can win the presidency, whether you think he is boring or not, and if you think he is too boring and he does run you will be shown you are wrong: Al Gore. If not, frankly, any one of the remaining democrats is vastly superior to any of the republicans. Yes, on ideology alone.

As always ...

... a well-argued and wholly rational response from Jingthing

Re: As always ...

Quote Originally Posted by homintern
    Homi, you would attack me if I said the sky is up, water is good to drink, and your shit stinks. Admit it.

Liked

Re: Draft Al Gore

Quote Originally Posted by Jingthing
    What do you think?
    I've more-or-less decided to stop voting in presidential elections due to lack of confidence in the
    system. I do agree with you that Gore would be the best candidate if he were to run.

Disagree with you on Obama, and would never consider voting for him due to his statements
    concerning gun control, AIPAC, ME issues, and the fact that he's a candidate created by marketing consultants.

Dboy

Obama is probably my least favorite, but there is no doubt he is a very smart cookie. Just look at his resume. Any democrat can beat any republican this time, even Chris Dodd. Hillary is the biggest risk, and in my view, not worth it, though I would love to see more of Bill.

Okay, I will try to be serious for a moment regarding the candidates. Sure all of them are above average intelligence. No doubt about that. The problem Jingthing is that all of them are political hacks spouting the same old garbage we hear every election. Not one has yet has expressed any concrete programs for any of the problems we now face. None of them will do that during the course of the election campaigns, they never do. Hillary states that if elected she will have the troops out of Iraq. Well, I would hate to point out that it is not as easy as that. As much as the majority of the American people feel in hindsight we made a mistake there has to be a systematic method for withdrawal and neither she nor anyone else can just pull the plug and bring the troops home. So what is her god damn plan. She does not have one and she is just making political rhetoric. I knew before we went into Iraq it was a mistake. I served in Vietnam and I have been to the Vietnam War Memorial, 50,000 names one after the other of young men who died for NOTHING. It seems that not one lesson was learned from our effort in Vietnam by any of those that voted for this war including Hillary. It makes me want to shoot every damn politician that still supports this war. Young men and women are getting killed everyday not to mention the thousands of Iraqis. She is against it now but she voted with Bush on this one. That alone condemns her in my mind. The whole election campaign will be regarding the following issues: Gun Control, Abortion, Iraq, Stem cell research, illegal immigration, health care and social security. So what is new? With the exception of Iraq and stem cell research, these have been the same issues for the last 4 presidential elections. Please show me where the executive or legislative branch has resolved one of these issues. These candidates haven't and they won't because they are of the same mindset we have had for 30 years.

So what we need is people with common sense not extreme intelligence. That's been the problem for a long time. The politicians see the world as a chess board. It is not, it is a place made up of millions of people just trying to survive, raise their children and live their lives. It is time the United States and other countries stopped meddling in the internal politics of every country on earth. Even now the US is giving money to organizations working against the Iranian government and our political leadership can't understand why the Iranians might just want to prove a point by working on nuclear capabilities. This is not rocket science here it is the fact that each of us probably has more knowledge of the little people making up this planet than our leaders. It comes back to common sense in my opinion. Surely the US can look out for its interests around the world without alienating everyone. The candidates are from the same ilk as previous administrations. Nothing new at all. So please spare me on how brilliant these candidates might be. Lots of people are book smart but can't get matching socks on. It amazes me anyone can be enthused about the line up of the same old reruns. The choice is appalling. The crap certainly raised to the top in this case.

Re: As always ...

Quote Originally Posted by Jingthing
    Quote Originally Posted by homintern
    Homi, you would attack me if I said the sky is up, water is good to drink, and your shit stinks. Admit it.
    You disagree with my assessment? You don't believe your responses are always well-argued and wholly rational?

Bob,
    They are politicians.
    Politicians do politicking. Sorry if that offends your sensibilities.
    You are required to read between the lines when making your selection. There are certain things you cannot say and hope to get elected. If a good person can't get elected, he can't get anything done, so getting elected has to be job number one. Again, the real world, too much for adult children to accept.
    Surveys are showing democrats are mostly enthused by the wealth of the choices this time. They are all pretty much all better than John Kerry.
    I have always been a political junkie. The choice this time is as good as it has ever been in my lifetime. If you think it will get much better than this, maybe in your dreams.
    If you think it doesn't matter who gets elected, even if they aren't perfect, and no president is perfect, look at bush. It matters who wins. It matters very much.