Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Draft Al Gore

Draft Al Gore

Check out the catchy song on the website, Run Al Run, How can you lose when you already won?

http://www.draftgore.com/

I have come to the conclusion that none of the other candidates have the "right stuff" and it is Al Gore's destiny to run for and get what was stolen from him in 2000, and fix the damage of the big mistake.

What do you think?

Re: Draft Al Gore

Quote Originally Posted by Jingthing
    What do you think?
    I think it confirms the opinion I've long held of you

Is that all you can say? Why resort to an ad hominem attack instead of responding to the issue presented, the merit of the idea of Al Gore running for president again.

BTW, I have abandoned my support for Bill Richardson. After watching a one hour interview with him on Meet The Press, it seems clear he is too rough around the edges to really be president.

http://www.slate.com/id/2167195/fr/flyout

Why resort to an ad hominem attack ...
    "Attack"? You are making an inference there, surely?

Quote Originally Posted by homintern
    Why resort to an ad hominem attack ...
    "Attack"? You are making an inference there, surely?
    For sure, I am indeed, dude.
    But, never mind, what do you think about Al Gore?

Since like (I'm guessing) 50% of Forum members I am not an American I don't vote in Presidential elections, so why should you care. However, he's a self-promoter, like all politicians, and like most of them given to hyperbole. Who can forget his claim, as Vice President, that he "invented the Internet"?

Since like (I'm guessing) 50% of Forum members I am not an American I don't vote in Presidential elections, so why should you care. However, he's a self-promoter, like all politicians, and like most of them given to hyperbole. Who can forget his claim, as Vice President, that he "invented the Internet"?
    Obviously, you have no idea what he has been up to lately. The importance of Al Gore goes way beyond US borders. Indeed, the American president is still the most powerful human on the planet. Everyone should care.

But thanks for sharing your stale, dated, impressions. I can now assume your "opinions" about me are most probably just as shallow.

Obviously, you have no idea what he has been up to lately. The importance of Al Gore goes way beyond US borders.
    I assume you're referring to that rather tendentious film, An Inconvenient Truth. Adolf Hitler was a well-known conservationist, but I wouldn't vote for him on those grounds

Obviously, you have no idea what he has been up to lately. The importance of Al Gore goes way beyond US borders.
    I assume you're referring to that rather tendentious film, An Inconvenient Truth. Adolf Hitler was a well-known conservationist, but I wouldn't vote for him on those grounds
    Oy vey, you are quite silly! Comparing Gore to Hitler. Truly bizarre. I can see comparing Bush to Hitler, but not Gore.

I am sorry, you were correct. You were not qualified to make an intelligent comment on this topic:

http://www.time.com/time/nation/article ... 09,00.html

http://draftgore.com/mercurynews.htm

Al Gore about his new best seller, Assault on Reason

I've dedicated my book, The Assault on Reason, to my father, Senator Albert Gore Sr., the bravest politician I've ever known. In the 1970 mid-term elections, President Richard Nixon relied on a campaign of fear to consolidate his power. I was in the military at the time, on my way to Vietnam as an army journalist, and I watched as my father was accused of being unpatriotic because he was steadfast in his opposition to the War--and as he was labeled an atheist because he dared to oppose a constitutional amendment to foster government-sponsored prayer in the public schools. The 1970 campaign is now regarded by political historians as a watershed, marking a sharp decline in the tone of our national discourse--a decline that has only worsened in recent years as fear has become a more powerful political tool than trust, public consumption of entertainment has dramatically surpassed that of serious news, and blind faith has proven more potent than truth.

We are at a pivotal moment in American democracy. The persistent and sustained reliance on falsehoods as the basis of policy, even in the face of evidence to the contrary, has reached levels that were previously unimaginable. It's too easy and too partisan to simply place the blame on the policies of President George W. Bush. We are all responsible for the decisions our country makes.

Reasoned, focused discourse is vital to our democracy to ensure a well-informed citizenry. But this is difficult in an environment in which we are experiencing a new pattern of serial obsessions that periodically take over the airwaves for weeks at a time--from the O.J. Simpson and Michael Jackson trials to Paris Hilton and Anna Nicole Smith.

Never has it been more vital for us to face the reality of our long-term challenges, from the climate crisis to the war in Iraq to the deficits and health and social welfare. Today, reason is under assault by forces using sophisticated techniques such as propaganda, psychology, and electronic mass media. Yet, democracy's advocates are beginning to use their own sophisticated techniques: the Internet, online organizing, blogs, and wikis. Although the challenges we face are great, I am more confident than ever before that democracy will prevail and that the American people are rising to the challenge of reinvigorating self-government. It is my great hope that those who read my book will choose to become part of a new movement to rekindle the true spirit of America.

Any other takers

Oh dear, and I thought you were opposed to ad hominem arguments. Life must be full of disappointments for a sentimentalist such as yourself. You could always capitalize on your enthusiasm, however. If you visit http://www.intrade.com you will find many opportunities to back Al Gore as a candidate or even as the winner of the 2008 election with real money - yours. If he wins (and my money's on the opposite result) you'll get a handsome return and some feel-good factor

Al Gore's father, by the way, was one of the more corrupt US senators of his day, and young Al's schooling was paid for by those who courted Big Oil (Armand Hammer, for example) - you should read material produced by others, rather than Al's self-serving hagiography - http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_q ... _n14315114