Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BF get 3rd Irish Visa!

Liked

BF get 3rd Irish Visa!

Hi All
    Happy to report that my Thai BF of the last 4.5 years got his 3rd Irish visitor Visa today! :cheers:

Most old timers on the board will remember the saga of getting his first visa - which took 1.5 years to secure.

There is no Irish Embassy in Bkk - just a consulate, so the applications get forwarded to the Embassy in KL

His second visa application last year went far easier than the first application. And took just 1 week

This 3rd application took a little longer (1.5 weeks) and was nearly scuppered by the girl in BKK who was processing the application and insisted on originals of all paperwork (despite being told on 2 previous occasions that the only orignal required was his passport) And despite him telling her she had a "black heart"!

But thankfully in the end it all worked out!
    So this time 10 weeks he'll be back for another month or 2...

Thanks as always to a certain unnamed board member for his help with some of the paperwork!

Buffalo me die! Send Money!

Choc Dee.

Hi colmx, although as a reasonably new member here I am not aware of your previous posts, I would like to say I am delighted for you. The type of news in your post, is of a type that I am always happy to hear about, especially having been down that road on numerous occasions myself in the past.

Choc Dee to both you and the BF colmx .

G.

DELETED

Congratulations!

Good news Colmx, you did have to fight hard for that first visa, so I am happy for both of you that things have become more straightforward these days.

Since celebrating our Civil Partnership in London last December we have had some rocky times (to put it mildly!!!) including time apart, but as I write this my Thai partner is at work (I am supposed to be working at home this morning!!). Living together has become easier since he started working, mainly because he is not so bored I think. It is hard when I am working and he has nothing to do but keep house (he is definitely not a ladyboy, and keeping house is not his forte, although he cooks very well).

Any relationship with an age gap (he is 30 and I am 48), and cultural differences as profound as Thai to UK, is going to be hard work. But for now at least I have decided to keep on working at it.

Good luck Colmx, enjoy your time together!

Re: Congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by TrickyRich
    .Since celebrating our Civil Partnership in London last December we have had some rocky times (to put it mildly!!!)... But for now at least I have decided to keep on working at it.
    Not we?

Liked
    Well, three quarters of the thread is gone, but BUMP anyway.

Cheers ...
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Forum's veteran
    Liked: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Smiles
    Well, three quarters of the thread is gone
    Yes the crap was moved your highness, as was the wx40afp answer to your post.

It is such a nice happy, cheerful, wonderfully fulfilling story I edited and split the crap into the other thread.

Just for once, I really wanted a nice untainted thread.

Leave granted to appeal to a higher court.

Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by jinks
    " ... Leave granted to appeal to a higher court. ... "
    I already did ... the Court of Public Opinion! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: ( http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/fo ... 11777.html )

Cheers ...
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Reading between the lines...

It is hard when I am working and he has nothing to do but keep house (he is definitely not a ladyboy, and keeping house is not his forte,...Any relationship with an age gap (he is 30 and I am 48), and cultural differences as profound as Thai to UK, is going to be hard work. But for now at least I have decided to keep on working at it.
    This is how I read it:

"I'm stuck with him. After all that time and money spent bringing him over and telling the whole world about it, I realise that we are not compatible in more ways than one, not least of which is that he is a lazy ass and probably straight. I'll carry on pretending that he actually loves me in a mystical, unfathomable Thai way until I've gone completely broke and made a total fool of myself."

Re: Reading between the lines...

Quote Originally Posted by Yimsuai
    It is hard when I am working and he has nothing to do but keep house (he is definitely not a ladyboy, and keeping house is not his forte,...Any relationship with an age gap (he is 30 and I am 48), and cultural differences as profound as Thai to UK, is going to be hard work. But for now at least I have decided to keep on working at it.
    This is how I read it:

"I'm stuck with him. After all that time and money spent bringing him over and telling the whole world about it, I realise that we are not compatible in more ways than one, not least of which is that he is a lazy ass and probably straight. I'll carry on pretending that he actually loves me in a mystical, unfathomable Thai way until I've gone completely broke and made a total fool of myself."
    Sounds spot on to me Yimsuai.

Also, if the Thai man doesn't want it to work, this may be his way of saying it instead of the confrontational route.