Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone know the score

Well, if your own government doesn't consider you a "flight risk" why not take a trip? They didn't confiscate your passport did they?

Here in San Francisco we just had one of our city Supervisors have his offices raided by the FBI who are investigating a $40,000 payoff by one of the local businesses. In the middle of all this brouhaha he took off to Hong Kong on Monday for a one week vacation.
    His lawyer says he'll be back this coming Monday and the whole town (and local press corps) is waiting on pins and needles to see if he shows up at the airport as scheduled.

If he could take a trip you can take a trip. Just make sure you show up at the Old Bailey when you're supposed to!
    (oh, and get a good lawyer too)

Quote Originally Posted by wx40afp
    [b]In fact if I had to go to jail I would tell them in no uncertain terms that Im gay so I wouldnt be harrased by the general population[/b]

Do they actually have a Protective custody wing/unit in Thai Prisons????????????????

You must be joking!

Criminals

Quote Originally Posted by Steve1903
    It might seem strange but even if I didn't pay the taxman every penny he thinks he is due I still don't think of myself as a criminal or thief or all round bad egg or whatever.
    You're in good company, dear boy. There are those who post on this Board who committed multiple criminal offences when younger (mostly buggery) and who hold themselves out as pillars of respectability and insist that we all follow the law in every tiny detail

Sounds like I can still have my travels abroad then when the big event is over. Slightly disappointed that no one offered to have a fundraiser to help me pay back the money rather than see me locked up. Guess they'll be calling me
    Billy NoMates inside.
    When you getted raped in jail does anyone know if you get to pick who does the raping?

Liked
    Slightly disappointed that no one offered to have a fundraiser to help me pay back the money rather than see me locked up.
    While I still wish you the best, any veiled solicitation for sympathy doesn't fly with me. While your situation could be far different, 99% of the tax evasion cases here in the US involve people with above middle-class incomes (perhaps partly due to the fact that most lower income earners have their taxes withheld and don't have the choice to not pay taxes). While I agree the tax rules suck, those that elect to not pay just make the rest of us pay more. You'll get a fair trial under the English system and, if you did the crime, do the time. Your choice and your responsibility.

When you getted raped in jail does anyone know if you get to pick who does the raping?
    (Meant in humor). Well, sorta. One guy, thrown into a cell with a surly-looking body builder, found out the hard way. The body builder grabbed the guy by the neck up against the bars and demanded to know: "Okay, you want to be the husband or do you want to be the wife?!?" The guy, thinking rather quickly, answered: "Um, I guess I'll be the husband!". The body builder then blurted: "Okay, get on your hands and knees and blow your wife!"

Sorry Bob but the message was wholly tongue firmly in cheek. Just trying to make light of the impending situation. I've always been a "make your bed, lie in it" type of person. The only gripe I'll have is that society's wealthy get offshore accounts and loopholes in the law to help them avoid tax whereas us Joe Shmoe guys have to stump up or face the music.

Sorry Bob but the message was wholly tongue firmly in cheek. Just trying to make light of the impending situation. I've always been a "make your bed, lie in it" type of person. The only gripe I'll have is that society's wealthy get offshore accounts and loopholes in the law to help them avoid tax whereas us Joe Shmoe guys have to stump up or face the music.
    Steve1903

No sympathy, if you were clever enough to steal it, why weren't you clever enough to hide it correctly. Pay up.

Regards, the wealthy, a lot of those who chose Jersey, Isle of Man etc. as a safe haven, are no longer protected and the UK revenue can walk in and check up on them.

Forum's veteran
    Mount Calvary Baptist Church of the Redeemer
    Liked
    I'm not sure, ask Bubba about it.
    JESUS LOVES YOU, yes, even you nancies

Cheers Aunty, I will do. I just pictured a Pattaya style Inmate Of The Year contest with maybe an underwear section. Don't think they'd have swimwear though - not even in a UK clink.
    And kquill, it wasn't so much as being "clever enough to steal it" more a case of being desperate enough. Drastic situations sometimes call for drastic measures.