Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone know the score

Of course it doesn't. Do you think the Thai authorities do an international background check on you in the thirty seconds it takes to stamp your passport?

Forum's veteran
    Mount Calvary Baptist Church of the Redeemer
    Liked

Re: Anyone know the score

Quote Originally Posted by kquill
    Quote Originally Posted by Naughty But Nice
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve1903
    If one wished to travel to Thailand but one had a previous recent conviction for tax evasion would it cause one any difficulty?
    Once you get to Pattaya you will feel at home. There are more ex cons, thieves, murderers, scum and ex pats wanted by their own countries legal system than anywhere else in the world.

]

Yep, They'll give you a big welcome, if the above is correct, what happened to Miami ??? or Australia?? Cuba even???
    The Australians would give him a medal and, honourary citizenship. They simply adore British criminals.
    JESUS LOVES YOU, yes, even you nancies

Quote Originally Posted by boygeenyus
    Of course it doesn't. Do you think the Thai authorities do an international background check on you in the thirty seconds it takes to stamp your passport?

That check at the immigration is to prove passport validity and ensure you are on no blacklist in Thailand or that you are not on any flag list that Interpol have requested assistance from Thailand on. That's it.

So Al Pacino, welcome!

It might seem strange but even if I didn't pay the taxman every penny he thinks he is due I still don't think of myself as a criminal or thief or all round bad egg or whatever. I don't believe I'll even think that when the door clangs shut behind me either. No, I'll still think of myself as an ordinary decent citizen. It's just the other inmates that are criminals, not me.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve1903
    It might seem strange but even if I didn't pay the taxman every penny he thinks he is due I still don't think of myself as a criminal or thief or all round bad egg or whatever. I don't believe I'll even think that when the door clangs shut behind me either. No, I'll still think of myself as an ordinary decent citizen. It's just the other inmates that are criminals, not me.
    So, you don't consider yourself a robbing, thieving, stealing, conniving tax dodging bastard, who's intention was to defraud H.M. The Queen of England??

Maybe, the Judge will see it your way!

Anyone know the score?

Yes Milan 2 Liverpool 1 - Many sad faces on the beach today. I asked on guy how much money he lost. He did not reply but when I suggested 10,000 baht he raised his eyes to indicate more than that.

On the Thai Visa front I'm pretty sure that they do not check for criminal records as some consulates issue them within the hour. Certainly no checks for a Visa free 30 day entry.

I see thgat ex PM Taksin lost his passport in Moscow and has to apply for a new one. I wonder if he will take a ticket and wait in line? His affairs here are under scrutiny for illegal activities - maybe he won't get one!

Liked
    I dont consider you a criminal if all you did was evade taxes.There are a lot worse crimes than that.I dont see why you have to serve time either if you pay back the money. I was arrested for assault myself and I view myself as a good guy,and most people who know me would agree. In fact if I had to go to jail I would tell them in no uncertain terms that Im gay so I wouldnt be harrased by the general population.Ive seen enough ladyboys in Thailand to learn a few tricks. :compress:

Oh rocket, "pay back the money"??? Nah, I'd rather rest up a while in the Bar-L than work my butt off for years to pay back what they say I owe. Bit of a discrepancy in our respective opinions regarding the exact amount I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by rocket
    I dont consider you a criminal if all you did was evade taxes.There are a lot worse crimes than that.I dont see why you have to serve time either if you pay back the money. I was arrested for assault myself and I view myself as a good guy,and most people who know me would agree. In fact if I had to go to jail I would tell them in no uncertain terms that Im gay so I wouldnt be harrased by the general population.Ive seen enough ladyboys in Thailand to learn a few tricks. :compress:

Al Capone had the same crimes and the same answers as you Guys, unfortunately for him, The American justice system had a different one!

This will be the same justice system that has kept prisoners for years in Guantanamo Bay without trial, without a lawyer, without any evidence of guilt.......... Well I guess I must be a bad guy then, if the justice system says so.
    As it happens, the tax thing is my only crime. The resemblance between myself and Al Capone comes to an end just about there - other than both being 'overweight' I suppose.