List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hook her, book her, nook her, walk away!

555, what a little Pearl of wisdom, that's exactly what I thought about San Francisco. Spooky "possum", are you single?

I did the gay ghetto for a few days, got a bit bored with moustaches so went looking for some action on the high-way out of there. Seems everywhere you go is a ghetto, (love me love me hmm hmm hmm hm hmmm) there is the preppy ghetto bakery and cafe, there is the Nob Hill ghetto above, there is the suburban ghetto along the coast, there is the black ghetto, where else, but on the highway out of there, and very nice it is too. Had a few exciting days of drug induced nihilism, before driving in a bit of a hurry back to New York to catch a flight. Strange how distance can be so very relative, I can't remember the trip at all, even though I was driving non stop, all I remember was the car. A 1987 El Camino, and everyone chasing me across the Phoenix state line, I think it could have been the car they were after, as I hadn't even brushed my teeth or combed my hair for over a week.

Spikes is right, Sylvester is before our time, this version is far more versatile and good looking, not that I have anything against cross dressing, just I like a man in hipsters. I love New Zealand, I just never seem to be able to get there somehow, I think its one of those places where you have to know someone to get in, if you are in a hurry, like the Ivy, except once in it actually lives up to its reputation and you are not left facing the daunting task of actually eating British nosh, at least I like to think so. Oh well I'll just have to get onto the long waiting list. One day I will cradle a little plump hairy Kiwi in my hands, thats for sure. Aunty, do they chirp, you never said?

Forum's veteran
    Mount Calvary Baptist Church of the Redeemer
    Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by Cedric
    One day I will cradle a little plump hairy Kiwi in my hands, thats for sure. Aunty, do they chirp, you never said?
    For a minute there I thought you were talking about me, and I was thinking, now just wait a goddamn minute. :cheers:

Yeah Kiwi's chirp - well sort of. The make a sound like KEEEEEEEEEE WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE hence kiwi.

They're dying out though, Cedric, so if you want to hear one in the wild you'd better get here soon.

Actually, Cedric, I found a link. This is the sound of the Little spotted kiwi www.kiwi-wildlife.co.nz/Sounds/is_kiwi.mp3

My favourite bird from the New Zealand bush (now very very very rare) is the kokako www.kiwi-wildlife.co.nz/Sounds/kokako.mp3

and the bellbird (still common) a sweet sound lazily floating across the valley on summer's bright sun is a happy but bittersweet memory for me :-)www.kiwi-wildlife.co.nz/Sounds/bellbird.mp3
    JESUS LOVES YOU, yes, even you nancies

Re: San Francisco, Gay Capital of the World?

Well Ceddie, we actually have TWO black ghettos, one in the Western Addition and one in Bayview, and you can score smack or get shot at in both! We also have a Chinese ghetto, an Italian ghetto, a Japanese ghetto, a Russian ghetto, a Mexican ghetto, a Phillipino ghetto, a Hippie ghetto and even an official Vietnamese ghetto.
    Oh wait....I forgot to be politically correct...we call them "neighborhoods".
    You must have been on the mini-tour.

Quote Originally Posted by 555
    ...most homophobic, right wing, Christian Fundamentalist dominated, lost former democracy West of Guantanamo Bay.
    Don't worry. When Hillary is President she'll sort it all out. :dsv:

Yes it was a mini tour, I was all ghettoised out, but I had been many years earlier, and did the posh ghetto for a week or so with my dad and even went to China town then. I still have the poster, as there were parades, Irish, Chinese etc. I had sushi for the very first time and pot stickers all very exciting, I have fond memories of the place from then.
    I managed to get me a trio of gorgeous wiggly plump celestial goldfish, dappled gold black and red. I have to say anyone taking their goldfish on a long distance flight, take KLM. They were stunning. I had the little fish packed in Styrofoam, each in a separate bag and put in a cool compartment specially for fish. Check-in is a bit of a nightmare because you want to rush straight from the pet shop to the airport, no delays.
    But the ground staff were superb and so was the driver and the crew, we arrived in record time and they personally carried them aboard and nestled them safely for the flight, I was even allowed to accompany them to make sure all was just right. When we got to Amsterdam they were so perky they immediately started gorging on blood worms and swimming about as though they had always been there, bright eyed and bushy tailed. They lived for five years in an extremely large decorative Chinese porcelain pot, also from China town, sadly I had to part with them when we went back to the UK, as they wouldn't allow me to bring them back with us. I was of course heart broken.

Er sorry Aunty I seem to have drifted. Those bird calls are very, very lovely. I am absolutely delighted at the sound a Kiwi makes, they sound charming, I had thought they gave a low growl, as you said they bite. What a nice surprise, thank you for that. I wonder if besides the endangered wild ones, if they are bred for sale, they might make good garden pets, there is plenty of shady ferny underworld here for them?

Forum's veteran
    Mount Calvary Baptist Church of the Redeemer
    Liked

Little spotted kiwi or a black sheep?

I don't know if they'd make good pets or not, Cedric, but I reckon they'll make better pets than sheep.

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=q-l93gltkCc[/youtube]
    JESUS LOVES YOU, yes, even you nancies

How could any gay man of the late 70's/early 80 not know Sylvester? (Cedrick your too young) Donna Summer, Linda Clifford, Vicky Sue Robinson, Sylvester. God, those were the days. First Gay nite at Disneyland, First Gay night at Magic Mountain with Sylvester performing and one thousand guys on the dance floor. What a night it was. Thanks for the memories, guys. Loved the video and still want to get up and dance when I hear a Sylvester song.