Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: My trip to North East

My trip to North East

Just returned from a trip to the North East where I stumbled across a very nice gay friendly Resort at Amphur Kranuan, about 60 kilometers North of Khon Kaen on the Udon Thani road.
    The owner is a very nice guy from Manchester and the whole place is something I have never experienced in Thailand before.
    The Resort is extreamly large (20 Rai) and has a 25 metre Swimmimg Pool which connects two lagoons under a bridge. One slops from a sandy beach into 2 lagoons.
    The complex has about 50 bungalows surrounding the pool and some in the quiter area of the water gardens.
    The whole place is very clean. The Bungalows are air conditioned with un-suites and maid service daily.
    There is a wonderful menu covering both Thai and Farang favourites, the chips are the best I've had in Thailand. You can eat in the Restaurant or around the pool which has a live band every night doing Thai and Western music.
    The owner tells me that a 'gay' wedding took place there last year.
    Its a great place to set as a base when touring as I was or just a few days with the new love in your life.
    There's a warm welcome for gays and a very relaxed attitude.
    I will certainly be returning there very soon and the rates are very reasonable.

Their webb site is http://www.castle-howchow.com

Liked

Nice place

Amazingly nice looking place. Rather in the middle of Nakorn Nowhere, it still may be a great place to relax and enjoy as a base for travels in Isaan. Thanks for the info.

Lovely area, Isaan heartland

Quote Originally Posted by Bob
    Amazingly nice looking place. Rather in the middle of Nakorn Nowhere, it still may be a great place to relax and enjoy as a base for travels in Isaan. Thanks for the info.

It’s by no means out of nowhere. The location is just off the main road from Khon Kaen to Udon Thani, near beautiful Phu Kao, Phu Pan Kam National Park.

The area is very pleasant and tranquil. It’s rural of course, with lots of farms, some mountains, waterfalls.

A perfect choice if you like to dive into cultural Thailand. Rich on nature, lots of historical interests, from old fortresses to dinosaurian fossils.

Re: Lovely area, Isaan heartland

Quote Originally Posted by ttom
    Rich on nature, lots of historical interests, from old fortresses to dinosaurian fossils.
    Really? The Dongtan Beach crowd hangs out there, too?

Isaan is not boring

Quote Originally Posted by bkk gwm
    Quote Originally Posted by ttom
    Rich on nature, lots of historical interests, from old fortresses to dinosaurian fossils.
    Really? The Dongtan Beach crowd hangs out there, too?
    Well, the handsome crowd need to come somewhere from; take the Isaan offspring’s away from Had Dongtan and you will might have a few fossils left. Probably true. Quite a few Thai’s are interested in fossils.

The north and north-eastern part of Thailand us huge - and well worth any trip. After a few days I always found Pattaya or Bangkok very boring.