Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Royal oneupmanship

Royal oneupmanship

Never let it be said that the royal family don't practice oneupmanship. Brenda is well-known as one who disapproves of Brian Bonkers' various extravagances. He was most recently criticized in the press for flying to America to collect an environment award. Buck House announced today that when Brenda flies to America next month she will be making a contribution to an ecological fund to offset the global warming emissions of Her Aircraft - a bit of a tip I passed on to her during my recent sojourn at Windsor Castle

Re: Royal oneupmanship

Quote Originally Posted by homintern
    Never let it be said that the royal family don't practice oneupmanship. Brenda is well-known as one who disapproves of Brian Bonkers' various extravagances. He was most recently criticized in the press for flying to America to collect an environment award. Buck House announced today that when Brenda flies to America next month she will be making a contribution to an ecological fund to offset the global warming emissions of Her Aircraft - a bit of a tip I passed on to her during my recent sojourn at Windsor Castle
    All the stale gas that one passes, its going to cost her more than just a few dinner stamps.

Pardon my Yankee ignorance, but who are "Brenda" and "Brian Bonker"? I assume that "Buck House" is Buckingham Palace? If so, the B and BB are members of the British royal family?

Stop and think bkk

bkk there names made up to cover the real names of the people concerned. Work it out now who they really are!

Forum's veteran
    Mount Calvary Baptist Church of the Redeemer
    Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by bkk gwm
    Pardon my Yankee ignorance, but who are "Brenda" and "Brian Bonker"? I assume that "Buck House" is Buckingham Palace? If so, the B and BB are members of the British royal family?
    I'll give you a subtle hint. Brenda = HM The Queen, Brian Bonkers = Prince Charles. Do you think you can work it out now? :geek:

By the way, if you believe anything Beryl tells you, well, bigger fool you! :cyclopsani: :cyclopsani: :cyclopsani:
    JESUS LOVES YOU, yes, even you nancies

Re: Stop and think bkk

Quote Originally Posted by donny-darko
    bkk there names made up to cover the real names of the people concerned. Work it out now, who are they really! And did 7 eleven ever take place?

Liked
    The names originated in the UK satirical magazine "Private Eye" (which also, by the way, coined the name Lunchtime O'Booze - familiar to members of this board - as appropriate for an archetypal drunken journalist).

They were making the point that the British royal family is quintessentially and depressingly middle class in its attitudes and so ought to have middle class names.

Prince Philip, by the way, is similarly re-christened "Keith".
    "The fruits of peace and tranquility... are the greatest goods... while those of its opposite, strife, are unbearable evils. Hence we ought to wish for peace, to seek it if we do not already have it, to conserve it once it is attained, and to repel with all our strength the strife which is opposed to it. To this end individual[s]... and in even greater degree groups and communities are obliged to help one another... from the bond or law of human society." [Marsilio dei Mainardini (c.1275-1342), Defensor Pacis]

And Margaret ...

Quote Originally Posted by Marsilius
    And the term "Ugandan relations" was coined after the late Princess Margaret was observed coming out of a room during a diplomatic party followed closely by a member of the Ugandan High Commission

Corner shop?

Quote Originally Posted by Marsilius
    I thought he was Stavros or kebab or something. I only vaguely remember spitting image, but liked it a lot, we weren't allowed TV during early primary school years, we just got taped David Attenborough's, the secrete life of plants. So ask me anything about Rafflesia and I can tell you.

Re: Corner shop?

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric
    So ask me anything about Rafflesia and I can tell you.
    How are you on amoebae?