Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Thailand Weight-loss Program

Liked

Thailand Weight-loss Program

Wanted to mention the possibility of using a trip to Thailand as a way to detoxify (from American consumer culture in my case) and lose weight. Lost about 15 pounds in a bit under a month during my trip to the Kingdom. Very happy about that. I feel much better, much lighter. I walked alot, just about every day, generally avoiding motorbike/baht bus travel, with the exceptions of trips to Jomtien, Buddha hill, etc. Noticed several people walking/running in the Buddha hill area for exercise. Did not try that but its a great idea. Avoided farang food almost entirely, with the exception of a few breakfasts at Monty's. I attribute the weight loss to a combination of daily walking, along with eating local food (mostly from street carts). My next trip to the Kingdom will hopefully be on a tourist or ED visa rather than just a 30-day stamp, and one of my goals for that trip is do a more extensive health program (muay tai, weights, running, diet). Just wanted to let everyone know that it is possible to lose weight, almost effortlessly, if you are willing to make a few lifestyle changes.

Dboy

Liked

Not all of us are young enough to excercise like that

Nearly a year ago a poster was raving about a weight loss drug available in Pattaya. It may have been catawapuscat.

I googled the drug and found it had some nasty side effects in particular for those with heart problems etc.

If the poster was not cat and is still on the board, I would like details of whether he continued on with the treatment and what the result was.

You mentioned running and Buddha Hill, that is beyond many of the members of this forum. But whilst in Pattaya in February, I met a guy 74 years old who walked to Jomtien every day and had breakfast on the beach

He argued the 30 + minute walk on an empty stomach burned off a little fat, was good excercise for his heart and he was starting to feel great. Over a week he cut his time for the walk by 8 minutes. He has mainly fresh fruit for breakfast

Before lunch he makes a point of walking along the sand past Pattaya Park for as far as he can go
    before having a thai pasta lunch

He has not lost weight as he has put on leg muscle but he claims his shorts are now looser, and he is noticing his neck is getting slimmer.

My point is that those who can run and do all those things fine, but there is less demanding alternatives available for those of us than are past running.
    Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

Liked

running

Didn't do any running. Will try that on the next trip. I think walking is enough. Also stayed away from soft drinks and had water instead. It's nice that in Thailand you can order water with meals and people don't think you're being cheap, like they would here in US. Walking to Jomtien is a good idea. Might just do that.

Dboy

Re: running

Quote Originally Posted by Dboy
    Walking to Jomtien is a good idea. Might just do that.
    Don't forget the face mask to filter the vehicle fumes ! No good being slim if you have lung problems through inhaling all the traffic pollution on your walk to Jomtien :geek: