Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Hotels in Phnom Penh and Singapore

Hotels in Phnom Penh and Singapore

Can anyone recommend some good hotels in Phnom Penh and Singapore? I stay at the Pinnacle in BKK, so something around that price and comfort would be nice. I also enjoy guest houses. Thanks in advance o' great bearers of knowledge. :cheers:

If you want Pinnacle prices in Singapore you will have to stay in Geylang. Lots of hotels to choose from for 1,000 baht per night or less. The rooms will be clean with private shower/toilet and coffee making facilities but very small by Thai standards. Breakfast is not included in the price.

Geylang is Singapore's red light district, but it isn't in your face and like just about everywhere in Singapore it's pretty safe even at night. Also has lots of cheap places to eat. About four stops from the centre of the city on the Metro.

Yes, exactly.
    Any one of the Hotel 81 or Fragrance chains in Geylang is in your price range.
    Basic but OK, and it really is worth it to stay there, for the same room in the center could be five times as much, the subway is a pleasure, and there is some of the best local food in town there.
    That said, I don't find Geylang cruisy at all, not a bit, which is a bit surprising considering all the potential rough trade milling about.
    Little India area, that is another story ...

Singapore hotels

The first time we stayed in the Geylang area and the hotel was fine, but we did not like the area. Second time we stayed at Chinatown Hotel in chinatown and loved it since a lot of the gay venues are within walking distance.

Re: Singapore hotels

Quote Originally Posted by frodo77
    The first time we stayed in the Geylang area and the hotel was fine, but we did not like the area. Second time we stayed at Chinatown Hotel in chinatown and loved it since a lot of the gay venues are within walking distance.
    I would totally agree Chinatown is more convenient.
    Also, the metro closes pretty early, so you need to taxi home to Geylang if going to bars or saunas.
    However, the Geylang and nearby Joo Chiat areas are amajor centers for local food, and the incredible food is a major draw in Singapore. Geylang is pretty gritty, but not dangerous, and quite a non touristy authentic feel to it.

I stayed in a small hotel called the Marakourt when I was in Phomn Phemn,cost was $20 US per night,basic type rooms.
    You will get touts outside the airport offering you the Regent,Hilton,etC,DONT be silly enough to pay $300 a night.
    Get a metered taxi to the City and walk around from there and look.
    However im pretty sure there are now some gay owned and operated hotels in Phomn Penh.I know one good one in Siem Reap.
    I didnt like Cambodia ,it was dirty,beggars everywhere,motorbike taxi drivers hassling you etc.

Liked

Singapore

I have never visited PP, and afer considering my BFs impressions of Siem Reap I doubt i will ever be allowed to go there (as long as with him!)

We have however visited Singapore
    We boooked one of the Valuair 3 Days/2 Nights Packages (+ 1 extra night)

http://www.asiatravel.com/package/singa ... apore.html

And stayed at the Swissotel Merchant Court, which unfortunatley doesn't seem to be available anymore on this package...

I recommend the Merchant court as its right next to the New MRT station and across the road from Club 1 Seven Sauna! It might be out of the Pinnacle budget....

Also the allson was also recommended to me @7000 Baht for 2 nights (per person) Its not cheap... but that includes the flights!
    Buffalo me die! Send Money!

Deceased Member
    Liked
    Check out the PLUguide and see latest gay guide for Singapore with maps.
    www.pluguide.com

SINGAPORE

We stay at The Scarlet Hotel in Chinatown, Singapore. A really stunning and very special one year old hotel with gay friendly management and staff. Conveniently located a short walk from a choice of two MRT stations. Opposite an authentic food court and very near to "food street" (Smith Street) and Club Street, an area with loads of restaurant options. Most gay bars and one sauna are in nearby vicinity. Standard rooms just under 4000 baht. website www.thescarlethotel.com