Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JOMTIEN MUSIC FESTIVAL - 4th March

JOMTIEN MUSIC FESTIVAL - 4th March

The final schedule for the JOMTIEN MUSIC FESTIVAL to be held in the Jomtien Complex on 4th March is as follows:

16:00 to 17:30 PM - Blues
    17:30 - 18:30 Jazz
    18:30 - 20:00 Flamenco
    20:00 - 21:00 Blues
    21:00 - 22:00 jazz
    22:00 until late - Isaan music

The JOMTIEN MUSIC FESTIVAL is organised by the Jomtien Gay Community and sponsored by Chang Beer.

Entrance fee is 250 Baht and includes one drink. Doors will open at 4 PM, there will be 3/4 bars offering Chang Beer, spirits and wine. Food counters will be available throughout the afternoon/evening and JGC restaurants will be offering all types of food. Restaurants taking part are Poseidon, Flamboyant, Two Faces, Magg's, Mignon and Curtains.

All are welcome to enjoy another great event in Jomtien.

elephantspike/Jinks

Could you please put this thread on a sticky.

Many thanks

elephantspike

"Saturday, March 3rd is a Buddhist holiday and the top police honcho is supposed to be in town (Pattaya/Jomtien) regarding
    the murdered Russian women, which is still one hot potato in this town. It looks like the boy bars will be closed but some will no doubt just go dark and serve drinks in coffee mugs. Time will tell. " quote campuscat

Magha Puja Day
    03 Mar 2007
    Buddhist celebration of the presentation of teachings by Lord Buddha to an assembly of holy men.

This Sunday

http://www.jomtiengayguide.com/

Forum's veteran
    Liked

for real?

-So I take it that this variety of music will be performed from "live" bands and not music from someones CD collection blaring on a cracked whooper.

JOMTIEN MUSIC FESTIVAL

Yes, all music will be performed by live bands, 2 of which are coming from Bangkok to perform exclusively at the Jomtien Music Festival.

Why the COVER CHARGE to be in a PUBLIC STREET? What ever happened to UP TO YOU? Couldn't the money be raised simply by selling FOOD and DRINK?

Jomtien Music Festival

The Jomtien Music Festival is a commercial event like any other. The entrance fee of 250 Baht (or US$7) includes 1 drink, and will go towards paying for the staging of this event.
    No live band will do it for free I am afraid, and we have over 8 hours of live music for all to enjoy, a stage, fencing off and decorating the area and stage, tables and chairs, staff, security, cleaning, etc.....

The idea of a FREE ADMISSION music festival is hardly revolutionary. I think you might have found you would make MORE MONEY by offering free admission. Greedy buggers.

Liked

Re: Jomtien Music Festival

Quote Originally Posted by jomtiengayguide
    The Jomtien Music Festival is a commercial event like any other. The entrance fee of 250 Baht (or US$7) includes 1 drink, and will go towards paying for the staging of this event.

No live band will do it for free I am afraid, and we have over 8 hours of live music for all to enjoy, a stage, fencing off and decorating the area and stage, tables and chairs, staff, security, cleaning, etc.....
    Hi JGGuide,

In speaking with a Jomtien Complex business owner this week - it was said that you were paying a Bangkok group 50,000 baht
    to come from Bangkok to play in the festival...whereas the same kind of music group -
    you could have contracted with - could have played (this group already bringing in crowds
    in a club in the Jomtien Complex) for 12,000 baht...a big difference in expense.

Up to You of course...and I do realize you have many expenses for staging the event...it is a big venture...
    lots of expenses...and a risky proposition...to try to realize a profit.

I wish you success...although I personally do believe the starting time of 4:00pm ...
    is quite HOT in the late afternoon - and getting hotter as April nears...
    to be sitting in the streets of the Jomtien Complex...
    with no umbrellas for shade...until sunset at about 7:00pm these days.

Just one man's opinion....

TJ
    Tj